Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 06:18 PM

307 posts, read 313,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He met this girl, she came on to him somewhat aggressively, but because he really cares for you, he feels a little bad about it, like he's cheating on you, because his heart has really been for you. So he feels he has to confess this and be honest with you, because in his mind he kind of cheated on you, even though you've made it clear you're not up for a relationship. (assuming the whole story was true about his date with the girl)

I think you should go to lunch with him and talk to him about the whole relationship thing. He had you listen to the song because he wanted you to know how he felt about you. He'd been dropping hints, and finally he hit you over the head with it. And maybe he was hoping that his going out with that woman would make you a little jealous and bring you closer to him, but it didn't work.

Poor guy. Have a serious talk with him and let him know you're busy or it's not the right time for you for a relationship, but that he's not out of the picture for the future. Then it's up to him to decide if he wants to wait around for you, or if he wants to move on.

Good luck.
it really didn't sound like he felt bad about it lol... the way he was describing the girl like she was the hottest girl on the planet..
he actually said to me...that she was so hot that he was having a hard time not kissing her back when she made a move :s :/... i dont know about what you think now but it really does not seem like theres even an ounce of guilt in there

also i wish what you said was true about him feeling like he'd cheated on me and feeling the need to confess.. however... he only told me on the phone because the girl called him up whilst i was on the phone to him he put me on hold...for quite a while... and then came back and said this girl bla bla bla...i met her up last week and this happened.. so i dont know if i hadnt had a conversation with him tht particular day and if she hadnt called at that time.. if he would have even told me about her...and i'd be sitting here thinking he likes me and only me...

i really don;t feel like hes a poor guy at all because of this scenario , im sorry to say, i felt more like he'd done something wrong if anything. :s

so im not sure about the talk about me and him just yet...

im completely not the type to talk about whats in my head anyway and this has actually discouraged me even more. so u were rite.. it had the opposite effect..if he was trying to induce some kind of positive effect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
That's why he told you, to make you realize he can find other girls, and that he is attractive to other girls. What are you, 15? You didn't respond to anything he did before, so he did that as a last ditch effort to get you interested. It is you he wants. Forget about the other girl, lady. Stop stringing him along or he WILL move on to someone else, make up your mind.
hmmmmmmmmm... some things are making more sense now
and if that was his intention...it didn't work... it had the opposite effect..because actually i got reallly angry :/... i didnt even expect that reaction from myself...

however... as per usuall... i held back on the phone.. i hardly said a word... i was like koool koool koool.

im not 15... lol..but you could say im still quite young...

Old 06-09-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
AHA! So if he saw that girl in order to really test how you feel about him, it worked. You realized you care, to some extent, anyway. It sounds like you need some time to figure out for yourself how you do feel about him. Once you decide, talk to him. I get that it's nice to be by yourself. You'll have to weight that with whatever your feelings are for him.

This is getting interesting.

edit: I agree with what Froggie said.
LOLL trust me this talk u speak of :P will be a very long time coming... because i know what i'm like... opportunities have most definitely passed me by..because of my alooofness/ laid back attitude

Old 06-09-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Then stop messing around and go get your man. Or at least talk to him about what's happening in your life and whether or not you can have a relationship at this time is possible.

I don't understand the difficulties that so many people in this world face with discussions.
i'm good at taling don't get me wrong... but when it comes to these types of discussionss..it gets reallly awkward... and i'd just rather not say anything

Old 06-09-2012, 06:37 PM

391 posts, read 688,325 times
Are you interested in having a relationship with him beyond friends?

If yes, then move forward with that.

If no, then tell him a relationship is not in the cards.

Not saying anything is not an option.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Then stop messing around and go get your man. Or at least talk to him about what's happening in your life and whether or not you can have a relationship at this time is possible.

I don't understand the difficulties that so many people in this world face with discussions.
i'm just not the discussing type of person... like i don;t pour out my feelings and all thatt jazz..

Old 06-09-2012, 06:39 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
i'm good at taling don't get me wrong... but when it comes to these types of discussionss..it gets reallly awkward... and i'd just rather not say anything
You'd be better off that way trust me. Your attitude in this is unfair and immature, if you are not giving him anything to work with it is absolutely his right to see another girl. Do you expect him just to wait forever while you sit on your hands? If you like him you have to show him so, otherwise he can and will move on. So either tell him you would like to go on a date, or tell him you do not want to so he can move on. Anything else on your part would be selfish.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephV55 View Post
Are you interested in having a relationship with him beyond friends?

If yes, then move forward with that.

If no, then tell him a relationship is not in the cards.

Not saying anything is not an option.
he's clearly keeping his options open anyway... meeting up with these very available girls :/

therefore it dont even seem like he's waiting for me

do you know that before i'd even heard about this date of his.we hadn't spoken for six weeks?

Old 06-09-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
You'd be better off that way trust me. Your attitude in this is unfair and immature, if you are not giving him anything to work with it is absolutely his right to see another girl. Do you expect him just to wait forever while you sit on your hands? If you like him you have to show him so, otherwise he can and will move on. So either tell him you would like to go on a date, or tell him you do not want to so he can move on. Anything else on your part would be selfish.
ok fine..to him i didn't say anything or show what was going on in my head anyway with regards to his dates
so i'm letting him be

it's not like i told him he can't do that

i know he can move on... he is demonstrating this very very clearly now..
it seems like he is on the lookout now anyway

so whats the point me saying anything now? because if im honest judging by what hes told me now hes not waiting for me anyway, right?

Old 06-09-2012, 06:53 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
ok fine..to him i didn't say anything or show what was going on in my head anyway with regards to his dates
so i'm letting him be

it's not like i told him he can't do that

i know he can move on... he is demonstrating this very very clearly now..
it seems like he is on the lookout now anyway

so whats the point me saying anything now? because if im honest judging by what hes told me now hes not waiting for me anyway, right?
No, he still wants you. But unless you show some clear interest he will move on. Act now or let it go.

Honestly, you are lucky. It seems the guy really does like you. But it is in your hands now to do something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships