Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 04:10 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
LOL pf, your a sad sack. It's hard to believe you have no luck with the ladies, cuz you seem like a cool guy.
Unfortunately them's the bones that were rolled for me. I wished I were lying about it on here and actually getting mobbed by women. It's not the case, so I just live my life.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:23 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
We know this, Snapper. The women here know this. It's the guys you have to convince. They don't believe women like nice guys. I guess they think we're all lying. But as Stepka commented in one of these endless conversations, if women don't like nice guys, why are so many nice guys married?

You don't have to sell us on this, we're already there.

And if you're looking for women in bars who appreciate guys like you, you're looking in the wrong place pretty much, though I've known a couple of women who went for nice guys in bars. Hot women who were tired of sleazy guys coming onto them just because they looked hot.
What women want and what women say they want are two completely different things.

If women wanted nice guys and really ended up with nice guys....there'd be nothing but nice guys at bars trying to meet women. Unfortunately, the real world just doesn't work that way and women really don't want the nice guys.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:38 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
The thing is though, average/mediocre and let's be honest even Ugly men get married all the time in America. By the millions actually.

What makes these guys mad is that their not marrying the hot or highly attractive women they think they deserve. They're marrying their average/mediocre counterparts

Old 07-05-2012, 07:39 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
What women want and what women say they want are two completely different things.

If women wanted nice guys and really ended up with nice guys....there'd be nothing but nice guys at bars trying to meet women. Unfortunately, the real world just doesn't work that way and women really don't want the nice guys.
I'd say most women would date a nice guy at some point. That's just not a selling point. It won't help you at all.

You need looks, attitude, or whatever else to hook them, attract them. The nice guy part will more help you keep them after you hooked 'em. So, yes ... it's not very useful to men who can't attract women.

Then again, the same could probably said of unattractive nice women. They probably have it rough too.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:16 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
The thing is though, average/mediocre and let's be honest even Ugly men get married all the time in America. By the millions actually.

What makes these guys mad is that their not marrying the hot or highly attractive women they think they deserve. They're marrying their average/mediocre counterparts
^^^^ So true.

But the thing is, average shouldn't have such the negative connotation it does. Plenty of men think I'm attractive but I'm no Kate Upton, not by a long-shot. I call myself a "regular" person, as opposed to "average". And almost everyone I know is a regular person. And people are so much more than what you see on the surface, that's why regular/average/mediocre people are married or in successful relationships, because attraction isn't isolated only to looks.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:30 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Unfortunately them's the bones that were rolled for me. I wished I were lying about it on here and actually getting mobbed by women. It's not the case, so I just live my life.
Don't worry, I'm sure there are guys on here doing the opposite and saying they get all kinds of action when they really don't get that much. At least we have honesty on our side, not that it will help us.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:46 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

This.

that's all you need to know honestly, you can't complain if you choose to date or marry down.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:02 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

I have a few average/below average looking male friends who complain endlessly about women 'screwing them over' and how they can't get a 'hot chick'. When I point out a woman that's fairly average, but seems nice they roll their eyes and say things like 'I can't date that cow' or 'ew, gross, she's ugly!'

Well, you ain't exactly a catch yourself! I know I'm not going to bag an Abercrombie and Fitch model, nor do I want to, why can't men think the same way?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-06-2012 at 12:21 PM..

Old 07-05-2012, 05:13 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Unless he also looks like a troll from LOtR.

I have a few average/below average looking male friends who complain endlessly about women 'screwing them over' and how they can't get a 'hot chick'. When I point out a woman that's fairly average, but seems nice they roll their eyes and say things like 'I can't date that cow' or 'ew, gross, she's ugly!'

Well, you ain't exactly a catch yourself! I know I'm not going to bag an Abercrombie and Fitch model, nor do I want to, why can't men think the same way?
I dunno.....most men are aware of how they stand in terms of attractiveness.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I dunno.....most men are aware of how they stand in terms of attractiveness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships