Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 01:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I think this is the op's problems. I've been reading some of her post. It seems like she doesn't dress up, she has a big tattoo, she hangs around nothing but dudes, she's a mechanic or something, some type of blue collar. Its not that she's too nice or too mean, dudes my like to hang around her, but most guys(not all) don't want to date a chick like that. In my opinion she needs to be more feminent
I do dress up, quite often actually. I love wearing heels and doing my hair and makeup here and there as well. This has never gotten me any more attention than when I'm in jeans and a tshirt, so I don't really see the point. Especially considering I hear so many guys go on and on about girls wearing too much makeup and acting fake. I don't act fake and I'm doing something wrong?

So, men like fake, bitchy women? No wonder I can't get any dates

I do agree that I could be more feminine though, I'm going shopping (blech) with my sister today and she said her goal for me was to buy me something that isn't a tshirt without a video game character on it. It's hard for me to find anything because of my height and build (It's hard to look feminine as a 6'1 not super skinny woman without looking slightly like a drag queen), so we'll certainly see
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 01:44 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,697,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Weak, pathetic, loser men maybe. Every time I see a girl acts like a *****, I put her right in her place- I remember last time I approached a girl and I was like "What is up?", her response was "Not interested" rolling her eyes like a *****- she got a "**** YOU *****" right to her face. I don't feel bad at all
yes because swearing at someone for not being interested is totally a proportionate response

Old 07-08-2012, 02:02 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
yes because swearing at someone for not being interested is totally a proportionate response
But he's a big tough man, he's gotta put these women in their place!

Really, I've been rejected harshly in the past (I went up to talk to a guy he looked me up and down, said 'too fat', laughed and turned back to his friend) but I would never yell at a guy for it.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:05 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Really, I've been rejected harshly in the past (I went up to talk to a guy he looked me up and down, said 'too fat', laughed and turned back to his friend) but I would never yell at a guy for it.
THAT'S the guy you should have spilled your drink on!

Old 07-08-2012, 02:45 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,354,246 times
Who wants someone mean in their life? What fun is that?

Old 07-08-2012, 02:54 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
I find it hard to believe that you are fat! That would be very hard to accomplish at 6'1"!

Old 07-08-2012, 03:00 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,510,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I find it hard to believe that you are fat! That would be very hard to accomplish at 6'1"!

Seriously. You would have to be over 200 pounds at that height to be fat.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:01 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I don't think you can conclude men like mean girls from this experiment. You put on a lot of makeup and went out of your way to interact with as many men as possible in a bar, and used a "mean" attitude as a way to talk to them.
I challenge you to do the exact same thing next weekend: same make up, same outfit, and interact with as many men as possible. But instead of being mean, be nice to them. Report back with the results.
This.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:03 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
wow this sound like everybody i dated till i was 50 when i learned what boundaries and self care were. are these the same gals that do this and then bitterly post on CDF about the shrinking pool of nice guys?

Old 07-08-2012, 03:10 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I am doing society a favor by letting these women know that they are nothing special. If every woman out got the same type of response from a guy, they would think twice before acting like they are something special

The problem is: Too many balless, weak men out there who keep kissing these women's asses, giving them way too much credit and treating below average, sub-par women like princesses.

A lot of women know they can afford to have the "bitchy" attitude because there is always some weak, fool out there that will kiss their asses and is more than happy to be their little lap dog. I think it is pathetic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships