Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 03:45 PM

45,416 posts, read 60,608,674 times

Advertisements

You weren't able to make yourself a sandwich after a kidney stone? I'll remember that if I ever have another one.

3,985 posts, read 5,016,782 times
I'm curious: did she tell you that she had a procedure? It sounds like you thought it was just a doctor's appointment. If she did not convey any information to him but then used it in an argument, then yea, I'd be upset that she started the argument. Now, if someone told me to shut up? That would totally inflame the situation.

Yea, get a nap, maybe revisit the issue later. And OP, I'm really hoping you "asked" her to make dinner and didn't expect it. Even when I was physically unable to fix a meal for myself and my husband wouldn't dream of letting me lift a finger, I still asked if he was ok with it and then thanked him profusely for doing so. Just sayin...

4,380 posts, read 4,452,262 times
Usually when procedures are done that means something is being tested. Even if it's just routine and there's no reason to suspect anything's wrong, it's still stressful until the results come back. And that's on top of no sleep?

I had a kidney stone recently. Once it made it's way to my bladder, the pain was gone. I had to pee every five minutes but still managed to feed myself.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:49 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknowngm123 View Post
I woke up at 2am feeling severe pain on back. suspecting of having kidny stone, I was getting ready to drive myself to an ER, but my girl friend insisted that she drove me because she worried about me. We went to hospital together and stayed there untill 8am in the morning, gf has companied me the whole time.

We came home and rested briefly, I was fine and started working from home and girl friend had to go to a doctor appointment at 10am, she went for 2 hours, after she's back I asked if everything was ok she said yes. So i asked if she could cook something for me that's when gf went off and said that I had no consideration for her and no heart. She went on saying that she just had a precedure done at docotor's office and still feeling pain herself. How could I even ask her to cook. I felt like all she needed to do was just telling me that she's tired instead giving me all of this complaining ****. I yelled at her to shut up and feeling dissapointed that she would start a fight over something like this.
know what i think?

Jesco White on Sloppy Eggs - YouTube

Old 07-17-2012, 04:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I'm curious: did she tell you that she had a procedure? It sounds like you thought it was just a doctor's appointment. If she did not convey any information to him but then used it in an argument, then yea, I'd be upset that she started the argument. Now, if someone told me to shut up? That would totally inflame the situation.

Yea, get a nap, maybe revisit the issue later. And OP, I'm really hoping you "asked" her to make dinner and didn't expect it. Even when I was physically unable to fix a meal for myself and my husband wouldn't dream of letting me lift a finger, I still asked if he was ok with it and then thanked him profusely for doing so. Just sayin...
A 2 hour Dr. Appointment? Definitely sounds like she had something done. Couple that with the stress of having a procedure (I've had hundreds of procedures including many surgeries and I still need to pop a xanax to ease anxiety beforehand) and lack of sleep and I'm surprised she didn't flip out on him more.

I self infuse every other week (I have a mediport in my chest so I walk around with an IV sticking out of my collarbone area for 3 hours) and my ex would do nothing but complain because I wanted to sit on the couch and watch tv during my infusion times. Apparently, I was supposed to clean and cook while dragging a 3 ft IV line around

So, to the OP, you should have made yourself your own food or just ordered out. Telling her to shut up when she's probably stressed and sleep deprived was not smart on your end.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:24 PM

400 posts, read 566,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Dude, she had no sleep and then had a procedure after, and you asked her to cook for you? And you're disappointed in her? She shouldn't have gone off on you like that, but when I'm sleep deprived, rational is not necessarily on the plate. Hint: That's when you call the pizza delivery guy. Or just get yourself some damn crackers.

Honestly? I'm disappointed in both of you. Get some sleep.
Yes! You crack me up. So true though

Old 07-17-2012, 04:25 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
A 2 hour Dr. Appointment? Definitely sounds like she had something done. Couple that with the stress of having a procedure (I've had hundreds of procedures including many surgeries and I still need to pop a xanax to ease anxiety beforehand) and lack of sleep and I'm surprised she didn't flip out on him more.

I self infuse every other week (I have a mediport in my chest so I walk around with an IV sticking out of my collarbone area for 3 hours) and my ex would do nothing but complain because I wanted to sit on the couch and watch tv during my infusion times. Apparently, I was supposed to clean and cook while dragging a 3 ft IV line around

So, to the OP, you should have made yourself your own food or just ordered out. Telling her to shut up when she's probably stressed and sleep deprived was not smart on your end.
Three hours, every other week, and he whined?

Here's how I imagine your ex:

As for the OP, he's lucky she doesn't dump him after such childish behavior. I can only imagine what she listened to at the hospital.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:28 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
maybe she was hoping you'd have something cooked for her when she got home>

Old 07-17-2012, 04:31 PM

400 posts, read 566,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
maybe she was hoping you'd have something cooked for her when she got home>
Man that could be IT right there. Mismatched expectations. Doctors and sleep dep. at least you can laugh about it later!

Old 07-17-2012, 04:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknowngm123 View Post
I woke up at 2am feeling severe pain on back. suspecting of having kidny stone, I was getting ready to drive myself to an ER, but my girl friend insisted that she drove me because she worried about me. We went to hospital together and stayed there untill 8am in the morning, gf has companied me the whole time.

We came home and rested briefly, I was fine and started working from home and girl friend had to go to a doctor appointment at 10am, she went for 2 hours, after she's back I asked if everything was ok she said yes. So i asked if she could cook something for me that's when gf went off and said that I had no consideration for her and no heart. She went on saying that she just had a precedure done at docotor's office and still feeling pain herself. How could I even ask her to cook. I felt like all she needed to do was just telling me that she's tired instead giving me all of this complaining ****. I yelled at her to shut up and feeling dissapointed that she would start a fight over something like this.
oh boy

Some of you people need to try being real grownups before you take on grownup relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships