Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 08:53 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,400,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Girls in NYC are plentiful and that's not far away from PA-you just have to joke with them to get through the hard shell. Have you thought about relocating there? They are great women and much freindlier than a lot of other places.
yeah NYC women have the highest standards.. its def not an area to build confidence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 12:08 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,509,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I have some less common interests such as dixieland music, vocal classical music, birdwatching, trees. Not a lot of people, especially in a less populated area, that are interested in stuff like that.
If your in a college town then you should be able to find people who match your interests. Or you can start an online club.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:23 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Part of me wants to change some things about my life, but part of me is too proud. "I'm perfect just the way I am".
At least you have that self-awareness, you know what your self-imposed obstacles are. You're in a better position than some people, really!

I just wanted to say: DIXIELAND! is very cool Certain types of classical music Are you a birder? That can be good, too. Ha--you said you have no hobbies or interests. Turns out, you've got some pretty good ones. You probably just never thought anyone would be interested in that somewhat fuddy-duddy stuff. Well, I'm interested, and there must be other women out there like me. (Who can NOT LIKE Dixieland??! Who can resist Dixieland?) So you really do have something to offer, but the main issue at this point is the social anxiety. So I leave you to your therapist in that regard.

(btw, is there a reason he doesn't have you on meds for it, yet? Have you asked?)

Old 08-03-2012, 03:12 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,941,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
At least you have that self-awareness, you know what your self-imposed obstacles are. You're in a better position than some people, really!

I just wanted to say: DIXIELAND! is very cool Certain types of classical music Are you a birder? That can be good, too. Ha--you said you have no hobbies or interests. Turns out, you've got some pretty good ones. You probably just never thought anyone would be interested in that somewhat fuddy-duddy stuff. Well, I'm interested, and there must be other women out there like me. (Who can NOT LIKE Dixieland??! Who can resist Dixieland?) So you really do have something to offer, but the main issue at this point is the social anxiety. So I leave you to your therapist in that regard.

(btw, is there a reason he doesn't have you on meds for it, yet? Have you asked?)
I know some people who can't stand dixieland. Many others who could take it or leave it.

I have not gone birding with binoculars or whatnot in a number of years. On hikes I've taken, there doesn't seem to be a lot of bird diversity around here, oddly. The trees are pretty interesting around here, though.

No, I have not asked about meds. But he's never brought them up either. As I said, I've been on prozac before and it didn't help in any way. Anyhow, he's not an MD anyways, so I'd have to go to a psychiatrist. I'm not going to let just any old doctor prescribe for me mind altering medicines, only a psychiatrist. It's never been brought up that I ought to see a psychiatrist.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
yeah NYC women have the highest standards.. its def not an area to build confidence
Right. I don't like NYC anyways, so why would I want to look for a girlfriend who lives there ?

Old 08-03-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
If your in a college town then you should be able to find people who match your interests. Or you can start an online club.
I'll admit that I probably could find people who are interested in those things.

Most of my complaints about this area during day 1 of this thread were wild exaggerations. I was in that kind of a mood that day. But it really is an odd place, and not the place I'd choose to live if it weren't for my having a job here and my not having a job anywhere else.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:13 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
It's never been brought up that I ought to see a psychiatrist.
Except here.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:35 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,295,082 times
Notice that you didn't respond to my good advice which is probably the best you've gotten on this thread. You are the texbook definition of doing the same things over and over and expecting change. You need change more than just about anyone I've ever seen. Pack up and start over. You hate State College -- don't live there!

Old 08-03-2012, 10:22 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,511,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I've tried finding matches going to church. Unfortunately all of the churches I've attended were full of old married people.

And I'm not catholic, so I'm not going into one of those lol.
One day you could be old and 'single' then what?

Old 08-03-2012, 10:24 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,511,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
You can add Los Angeles to that list too.

NY and CA girls are the most materialistic and stuck up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships