Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:04 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,349,138 times

Advertisements

ok...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
I fall asleep everywhere. If i'm not doing anything that requires my attention i sleep and it takes me about 1min to nod off. My wife either finds it endearing (at home), annoying (when waiting for a bus), or rude (her parents house).....
Have you checked to see if you have sleep apnea? There are sleep tests that can help determine a diagnosis and treatment

Old 08-06-2012, 08:13 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,349,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Have you checked to see if you have sleep apnea? There are sleep tests that can help determine a diagnosis and treatment
I'm glad I found this thread, because I was getting worried there for a bit, when I would look over and he would be asleep out of nowhere in the recliner!

Baldrick, I agree with TN2A2, my sweetie actually has it and he can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. At night, he uses a cpap machine which aids him in sleep. He has a problem with snoring.

I have watched him fall asleep out in the living room and sometimes it scares me to death, because he stops breathing. Just when I want to go shake him, he will start breathing again.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:23 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,230,922 times
I'm with some of the other posters here. Sometimes we just happen to fall asleep on the couch. Our last sofa was a dual recliner so once I pushed the recliner all the way back, he would just say, "Good-night" because after a few minutes I'd be out cold. We both snore so sometimes one chases the other out of the bed. If he falls asleep before me and is really cutting some wood with a buzz saw, I go to the couch. If he falls asleep watching TV, I try to get him to go to bed but if he's in a really deep sleep, he rather I just put a blanket on him. Our bedroom is upstairs from the tv room so he'd rather not walk up a flight of stairs half asleep.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:37 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,151,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Erm. no i don't have sleep apnea. I have 20 years in the Infantry.

Over the years i've regularly and (especially when in theater) not slept for long periods of time (24-36 hours isn't uncommon) and you get into the habit of sleeping whenever you can. On occasion you'll get 4 or 5 spells of 15mins over a 24hr period. You just learn to catnap and grab what you can when you can, it's pretty automatic now. You can function to a high standard on about about 10 or so 15min naps over a 48hr period and you can perform adequately for up to 72hrs. After that though your zombied.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:45 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
He smight just sleep better without someone stealing the sheet or kicking him at night involuntarily, or he may have simply fallen asleep with the TV on. That is all!
Totally agree. They also might sleep better on the couch due to back problems.
Overall, the whole "must sleep in the same bed every night" argument can be a bit silly. I mean, if we can have sex on the dining room table, why not sleep on the couch? Or a chair? Live and let live, ladies!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:01 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,826,111 times
Better give the OP's advice to my mom. My dad falls asleep on the couch every single night and she freaks out thinking somethig's wrong with him.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:08 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Better give the OP's advice to my mom. My dad falls asleep on the couch every single night and she freaks out thinking somethig's wrong with him.
I am thinking more ladies are upset that their men don't want to sleep with them than thinking there might be "something wrong."
I used to be nuts if my guy wanted to sleep on the couch, took it personally, all that insecure childish stuff. Sometimes I like to sleep on the couch, myself.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:13 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
I have kind of lost my ability to 'go to sleep.'
Like brush teeth, put in mouth guard, put in eye goo, lay down, pull up covers, snap off light and zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I just lie there.

More often than not, what happens is that I am beebopping along, looking at forum, petting dog, watching tv, reading a book, and then I suddenly just fall asleep. That happens on the couch a lot. So no one is offended by my couch sleeping.

Also, my whole family is on one side of the house (because my wife is staying upstairs with the baby till he consistently sleeps through the night without a boob feeding) and the master bedroom is all the way on the other side of the house. So I get lonely...staying downstairs piddle-farting around makes me feel close to them.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:48 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,264,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
I am thinking more ladies are upset that their men don't want to sleep with them than thinking there might be "something wrong."
I used to be nuts if my guy wanted to sleep on the couch, took it personally,
Agreed, I love my wife more than she will ever understand but she seems to take it very personal when I end up sleeping on the sofa or couch etc. It's nothing personal nor is anything "going on." One thing is I tend toss and turn before failing a sleep. This disturbs my wife's sleep. So sometime I lay around on the sofa/couch until I fail a sleep. Now I can only swing a few hours on the sofa/couch. After that my back is telling me it's time for bed. So I do a version of sleep walking down the hall and crawl into bed. I'm out for the count after that and have minimized my disturbing my wife's sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships