Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 06:48 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,954 times

Advertisements

I sometimes sleep on the couch because it's comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 06:53 PM

19,534 posts, read 9,549,956 times
I've fallen asleep on the couch myself
However, one or the other will wake up and then we go off to bed together.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,033 times
My wife gets insanely mad when I fall asleep on the couch. I have a neck injury from a drunk rear-ending me and I can't really get comfortable unless I sleep on my back...guess what happens? I snore. Middle of the night I hear "Sleep on your side!!" So I'm awake all night not getting enough sleep which bleeds over into the next day and I am MORE tired than I was the night before which makes me drowsy and...I fall asleep on the couch. She has fibromyalgia that causes sleep problems for her so...since I am tired from not sleeping well the night before I fall asleep first (on my back of course) and the entire sequence repeats itself ad infititum. So wth am I supposed to do? With her fibro, she's too sore to do any of the housework which I do gladly meaning I am always doing something so when I do sit down (on the couch) I'm tired.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:09 PM

458 posts, read 645,247 times
If you aren't sleeping naked, then you shouldn't be sleeping at all.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:06 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
My wife gets insanely mad when I fall asleep on the couch. I have a neck injury from a drunk rear-ending me and I can't really get comfortable unless I sleep on my back...guess what happens? I snore. Middle of the night I hear "Sleep on your side!!" So I'm awake all night not getting enough sleep which bleeds over into the next day and I am MORE tired than I was the night before which makes me drowsy and...I fall asleep on the couch. She has fibromyalgia that causes sleep problems for her so...since I am tired from not sleeping well the night before I fall asleep first (on my back of course) and the entire sequence repeats itself ad infititum. So wth am I supposed to do? With her fibro, she's too sore to do any of the housework which I do gladly meaning I am always doing something so when I do sit down (on the couch) I'm tired.
I have fibro, which means I'm sore and don't WANT to do the housework (or go to the gym, or to work), but I do it. Moving makes fibro hurt less after awhile. If you have FM and do stuff, it is not causing damage (which pain normally indicates).

But I am a crazy wench when it comes to getting my sleep. Have you tried the breathe-rite strips? They can help snoring a lot, or your wife can try ear plugs, or a white noise recording on the phone or ipod.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-03-2015, 01:23 AM

1 posts, read 734 times
My husband sleeps on the couch during the week and I don't get no sex the only time he comes to bed is on the weekend and we have sex I've tried talking to him about it and it's the same old bs I'm so tired I don't no what to do or what to think

Old 11-03-2015, 01:54 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
He needs the rest... He's old.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:34 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
It happens.

It happens to me more and more the older I get. I'll be wide awake and ready to watch a tv show and the next thing I know the day will catch up to me and I'll be waking up.

The only way to avoid it is to keep active.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:11 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,609,068 times
My ex I was with for almost eight years used to sleep on the couch all the time. He had terrible sleep apnea. Even after I moved out, he continued to sleep on the couch. I cannot figure out how it was comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships