Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 02:12 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Your advice about not discussing the gut wrenching details of your divorce is spot on.

I'm assuming you are following your own advice?

Here's one more piece - when you truly believe that all "women are flaky" THAT comes through in your attitude and could be one big reason by you are not getting any second dates.

Rethink your attitude my friend - your bitterness is repelling women from you instead of drawing them in.
Do you just stalk my posts to find fault with them? You've done stuff like this half a dozen times at least. From my experience, many women are flaky, meaning they don't know what they want or in the information age (ie: online dating, facebook, twitter, and so on), have so many choices, as a man, you become a number. That has been my experience since my divorce with just a couple of exceptions. Just talking about what I've experienced.

Reed, sounds like you've got it pretty much figured out. My advice was more for a date with someone you didn't know as well or hadn't talked to much. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 05:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39;25472907[B
]Do you just stalk my posts to find fault with them? [/b]You've done stuff like this half a dozen times at least. From my experience, many women are flaky, meaning they don't know what they want or in the information age (ie: online dating, facebook, twitter, and so on), have so many choices, as a man, you become a number. That has been my experience since my divorce with just a couple of exceptions. Just talking about what I've experienced.

Reed, sounds like you've got it pretty much figured out. My advice was more for a date with someone you didn't know as well or hadn't talked to much. Have fun!
Gosh no. I was actually on this thread before you showed up and posted. All I did was respond to what you wrote.

The problem with "your experience" of women being "flaky" is that it's not truly representative of all women.

All I am trying to get you to realize is, the common denominator in all your issues is you.

I don't say this to hurt you or cut you down in any way, promise I am truly trying to help you because you seem so stuck and unaware of how you may be repelling woman. For a man who really wants a relationship the way I know you do, this is tragic.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:07 PM

144 posts, read 201,114 times
1 question - what is a divorice?

Old 08-03-2012, 05:10 PM

782 posts, read 1,356,886 times
Hey Atlguy39, I may be looking at a similar situation as my wife left almost 2 yrs ago and recently initiated the divorce (our lawyers are going back and forth). Im now in Savannah but we used to live in Atl. (she moved back there)way
Anyways, is it true that : woman are much more into online dating and have so many more choices to date than men do? I been reading on line all these other articles about how many more single women there are compared to single men so I supposed that odds would be towards a man getting more date opportunities. I sometimes go up to atlanta to visit relatives living up there or in Macon.
If I had the wrong idea about men to women ratio, I'm a bit uncomfortable because I figure my chances are already slim as I'm probably kind of selective; that is I have some standards: must be educated, working, no 'string' of marriages in past, no drama in life, non-smoker and drug free ( I dont even drink), not overweight, attractive and good sense of humor and self-esteem, honest and caring.
Oh and: personality matters ;good looks are important, but like anything new....

Last edited by outdoorman; 08-03-2012 at 05:19 PM..

Old 08-03-2012, 06:14 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Best of luck to you.

I hope it goes well.

I don't want to offer up the usual platitudes.....

Old 08-03-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Gosh no. I was actually on this thread before you showed up and posted. All I did was respond to what you wrote.

The problem with "your experience" of women being "flaky" is that it's not truly representative of all women.

All I am trying to get you to realize is, the common denominator in all your issues is you.

I don't say this to hurt you or cut you down in any way, promise I am truly trying to help you because you seem so stuck and unaware of how you may be repelling woman. For a man who really wants a relationship the way I know you do, this is tragic.
Maybe I'm just being sensitive because it seems you enjoy pointing out what I'm doing/saying wrong. Remember, this is a message board and I'm not, or trying not to act cynical or angry when I'm out with a woman. But yeah, I am stuck and thats more a function of my low self esteem due to my divorce (although I have moved on) and never ending career issues. The career thing angers me more than women. I think if I could just catch a damn break in my career, the women would follow. But my life has been on hold for 3 years due to career (ie: recession that never ends) and recovering from divorce. So I'm just sick of it and vent sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorman View Post
Hey Atlguy39, I may be looking at a similar situation as my wife left almost 2 yrs ago and recently initiated the divorce (our lawyers are going back and forth). Im now in Savannah but we used to live in Atl. (she moved back there)way
Anyways, is it true that : woman are much more into online dating and have so many more choices to date than men do? I been reading on line all these other articles about how many more single women there are compared to single men so I supposed that odds would be towards a man getting more date opportunities. I sometimes go up to atlanta to visit relatives living up there or in Macon.
If I had the wrong idea about men to women ratio, I'm a bit uncomfortable because I figure my chances are already slim as I'm probably kind of selective; that is I have some standards: must be educated, working, no 'string' of marriages in past, no drama in life, non-smoker and drug free ( I dont even drink), not overweight, attractive and good sense of humor and self-esteem, honest and caring.
Oh and: personality matters ;good looks are important, but like anything new....
Well, I don't know what to tell you on this. I live in an area where there are supposedly tons of single women, but I guess they stay at home because I don't see them. Yes, your online dating comment is true. Its insane the number of men these women that you or I would go after (because I'm just as picky as you) are juggling. I do think you'll have relatively better luck (in theory) here in Atlanta than Savannah, but just know that women are going to judge you on money and the car you drive right away and either decide to date you or eliminate you on that. This city is insanely shallow, thats what I'm saying.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:08 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,401,273 times
Atlguy - find yourself a nice British woman.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:09 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Don't write her a note.
Cracking up here. Tried to rep you on that!!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Atlguy - find yourself a nice British woman.
Funny you say that. I'm meeting one on Sunday for a drink. And it looks like she has good teeth! OK, that was a joke.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:11 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Your advice about not discussing the gut wrenching details of your divorce is spot on.(
Who in their right mind would do this? Anyone who actually needs advice of this kind needs a lot more help than anyone here can give them.

Personally, I think the OP should date women who don't make him so nervous. There's nothing worse than that "nervous sweat" people give off when they're really nervous.

Hopefully he'll be back to give us an update.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships