Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 09:53 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,616,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i know, but its the recycling that's such a b*tch.
huh? wtf is recycling...?lol

Old 08-15-2012, 09:54 AM

977 posts, read 1,817,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Being a woman, you have no idea that it takes balls and courage to approach women, since its mans responsiblity supposedly.
You contradict yourself. You say it takes balls and courage but then earlier you said it's easy and natural. Which is it?

Old 08-15-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
You contradict yourself. You say it takes balls and courage but then earlier you said it's easy and natural. Which is it?
Its both, its not a contradiction. If you have balls and courage, its easy and natural.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:58 AM

977 posts, read 1,817,333 times
Quote:
Its both, its not a contradiction. If you have balls and courage, its easy and natural.
LOL. That's like saying "if you're handsome, in great shape, rich, naturally gregarious, and know how to treat women, it's easy and natural to land a hot girl".

Old 08-15-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
LOL. That's like saying "if you're handsome, in great shape, rich, naturally gregarious, and know how to treat women, it's easy and natural to land a hot girl".
Luckily for all men, having balls and courage has nothing to do with being rich or handsome.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:02 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,944,289 times
Quote:
Street pickup is 100% possible, easy to pull off and happens all the time. SOmetimes i get the feel that some of you have this idea stuck in your head where you try to associate the most negative of experiences from your own life with the topic. Im not talking about guys hollering at you or whistling as you walk buy. Im talking about approaching with a smile, confidence, eye contact and in a friendly and non-threatening manner, to let a woman you find her attractive. Being a woman, you have no idea that it takes balls and courage to approach women, since its mans responsiblity supposedly.
You are mistaken. I have no problem smiling/being friendly. I am with pretty much every passerby. I understand your pain. I know it takes courage to go up to a stranger and say "hey, I am interested in getting to know you."

The problem is that every person, even if they are well-meaning, seems to think they are entitled to me interrupting me day, finding out what they want from me, so I can have a conversation with them.

Just because you are polite, doesn't mean you are entitled to my attention.

If it worked that way, I would get an interview with every company I applied at, I could call up Oprah and get her to give me a donation to fund my lifestyle, and I could stroll into the White House and have dinner with the Obamas.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You are mistaken. I have no problem smiling/being friendly. I am with pretty much every passerby. I understand your pain. I know it takes courage to go up to a stranger and say "hey, I am interested in getting to know you."

The problem is that every person, even if they are well-meaning, seems to think they are entitled to me interrupting me day, finding out what they want from me, so I can have a conversation with them.

Just because you are polite, doesn't mean you are entitled to my attention.

If it worked that way, I would get an interview with every company I applied at, I could call up Oprah and get her to give me a donation to fund my lifestyle, and I could stroll into the White House and have dinner with the Obamas.
I dont know why you are equating approaching someone of opposite sex to getting a job, that makes no sense at all. I dont feel im entitled to your attention, but if you truly meant what you said that you know it takes courage to approach strangers, than you could possibly muster a "im not interested" type of reply, without bewing mean about it. I get rejected and so does every man on this globe. Id just say, cool, have a good one and go talk to another hottie strolling by. WHats the big deal?

Old 08-15-2012, 10:12 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,627,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Uh, I feel compelled to tell you that if you need strangers to smile at you on the street, you are living i the wrong city. It has nothing to do with being "damaged" any more than your need to be smiled at makes you damaged, it's just a cultural norm.

I personally could care less if strangers smile or say hello to me when I am on the streets or in the subway.

I find it odd when women attribute walking around with a ****TY LOOK on their face to being hit on by so many men. NOT EVERY man that looks in your direction and that says hello is looking to take you home and sleep with you.

Like I said earlier.....the women who walk around with the STANDOFFISH attitudes are most likely the ones that have the serious emotional walls up or think that they are God's Gift to Man.
JMO

Old 08-15-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
I personally could care less if strangers smile or say hello to me when I am on the streets or in the subway.

I find it odd when women attribute walking around with a ****TY LOOK on their face to being hit on by so many men. NOT EVERY man that looks in your direction and that says hello is looking to take you home and sleep with you.

Like I said earlier.....the women who walk around with the STANDOFFISH attitude is most likely the one that has the emotional walls up and is not happy with themselves.

JMO
Right, but there are some men that equate me smiling as a blatant come on. You can't win for trying! :P

Some of us are being friendly.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I dont know why you are equating approaching someone of opposite sex to getting a job, that makes no sense at all. I dont feel im entitled to your attention, but if you truly meant what you said that you know it takes courage to approach strangers, than you could possibly muster a "im not interested" type of reply, without bewing mean about it. I get rejected and so does every man on this globe. Id just say, cool, have a good one and go talk to another hottie strolling by. WHats the big deal?
Unfortunately, the not interested reply tends to an endless round of 20 questions.

"why not, do you have a boyfriend?"
"Well if I was your boyfriend, I'd be with you right now."
"You don't want any side action."
"You don't have a ring, so why can't you take my number."
"No one has ever turned me down, you don't want to be the first."
"You haven't experienced XYZ with me yet..."
No I am a lesbian. "Well you just haven't met a man like me, I can turn you straight."

These are samples of the more polite responses.

If more guys just left after you said no, we wouldn't be so annoyed. I find that saying no just leads to more questions/attempts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships