Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 10:16 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,544 times

Advertisements

For everyone keeping a hawks eye view on all my posts - this happened around two months ago. I just have the night off tonight, am drinking a beer, and sort of am feeling a bit ashamed...wandering if it's appropriate or not..

Anyway, there were two men involved in this -

A. The guy she slept with (a crush from high school).

B. Her internet friend from the state we moved away from.

So - while she was out cheating on me with the other man - was it completely wrong of me to update her facebook status to something like "Currently cheating on my husband.."

- and then when I found out internet friend knew of (and encouraged) her to do it - was it wrong for me to (I don't even think you can do it) tell him I was going to name him in the divorce papers (for emotional affair, sending her sexual material, etc)..?

I also wrote on the other mans facebook about cheating with another guys wife, how if those were his standards he may as well have her...

She ended up deleting her facebook account when she returned (after about 20 friends commented on it..), and internet friend refuses to talk to her, tells me he's "sorry" and regrets what he's done...

Should I feel ashamed of my behavior?

I have no desire to "fight" this guy, as that's idiotic, proves nothing, and unlike him - I actually have licenses and a career on the line, to which an assault charge would completely interfere with..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 10:22 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Yes, you were wrong. She may have acted like an immature child, but you are no better.

What in the hell. How old are you??

Old 09-03-2012, 10:28 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Words fail me.

These are the actions of a stalker with the IQ of a deranged toddler.

You will be very lucky to escape criminal charges, a lawsuit, or someone punching you out.

Someone will decide to teach you a lesson, and soon.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:30 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Yes, you were wrong. She may have acted like an immature child, but you are no better.

What in the hell. How old are you??
She deserves to be embarrassed. The whole world should know what a wh*re she is. As long as it doesn't have any affect on the divorce settlement, I think you did the right thing.

Captain Jack

Old 09-03-2012, 10:30 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Immature-yes. Was it wrong? Probably.

Do I think you aren't thinking right because you're emotions are going nuts right now? Absolutely.

I'd talk to your friends and possibly see a therapist to set you straight. Honestly, from one man to another, I NEVER recommend a therapist. In 30 years I recommended it once to my dad when mom was dying. It really turned him around and put his feet back on the ground. Just seeing a therapist once or twice will probably do a lot of good.

While I think this was not a violent moment, I'm willing to bet your emotions are going crazy and at some point you might not be able to control them. Just think about it, that's all I'd ask of anyone.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
She deserves to be embarrassed. The whole world should know what a wh*re she is. As long as it doesn't have any affect on the divorce settlement, I think you did the right thing.

Captain Jack
And yet all he accomplished with that was making himself look like an ass...go figure.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:32 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
You guys need to read his other posts.

He's stalking his ex.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:33 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Absolutely not. You were not wrong. These people betrayed you, your trust and your vows and made a fool of you. You broke no laws. Why should people who do this get off with no consequence? They would love that too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
And yet all he accomplished with that was making himself look like an ass...go figure.
Nothing lost on his part. Let's not pretend that any of these people had respect for him or even liked him.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

He's stalking his ex.
His actions are why people end up on the news.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

He's stalking his ex.
I dont recommend anyone get stitches over anything, therapy is what I'd still recommend since a divorce will destroy someone's life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships