Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 12:19 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Generally how it is for most people, believe it or not. The US has been in the forefront of coming up with new diagnoses year after year to explain, in many cases, minor social disorders and all to the benefit of the pharmaceutical companies who churn out drug after drug after drug at enormous profit to treat (for instance) stress, insomnia, and ADD and all it's accompanying subcategories. Then we come to autism and the more recently documented "Asperger's Syndrome" as its subsidiary link. It never ends and the populace becomes not only dependent upon mind altering drugs but uses a diagnosis as an excuse for simple bad behavior and much more.

Yes, there is something to seek counseling for - you. You started this post because you wanted affirmation that doing what you did was OK. No, it wasn't. It was infantile. Nothing has been resolved and won't be until you get some counseling which registers.

It's been said many times over on many different threads in many different forums, and is something which I can personally attest to, that it sometimes takes many efforts to find the right counselor who can put you on the right path. Your assumption that it's over is, in my opinion, very short-sighted. Unless you continue on with professional counseling you're doomed to make the same mistakes over and over again and that would be a real waste of a life. Good luck.
Oh - the counseling thing is out of concern I'm going to bring behaviors from this past relationship into the next one?

That's not exactly how it works for Aspergers..

I have to intellectually think things through...like when shes crying she's actually upset...I have to cognitively come to that conclusion. Prior to talking to the counselor about it, I didn't know. Now I know...

Counseling doesn't make you suddenly able to feel those emotions...counseling just tells you "if you're going to be in a relationship, you can't do that.."

We did three months of that. She gave suggestions on how to better interact with her family, and with her, but the biggest thing was LEARNING something was "different" with me and that I needed to be aware of and account for it..

If I needed help on a particular issue (like why can't I talk to people, or something similar), THEN counseling may make sense...

As you guys can probably see by now, many things don't affect me or bother me. I find it amazing that people place emphasis on other men in our old bed, or her bringing them home while I'm at work (trying to kill herself is a different story)...

While other people may need counseling for that (like my dad and his divorce..) - I'm puzzled by it, and laughing, reading, excited about moving, and getting to start the next phase in my life...

I have a feeling my experience on here would of been much easier if I stated I was in tears all the time, so depressed, unable to cope, and going nuts...but nope, sorry guys...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 12:25 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
For everyone keeping a hawks eye view on all my posts - this happened around two months ago. I just have the night off tonight, am drinking a beer, and sort of am feeling a bit ashamed...wandering if it's appropriate or not..

Anyway, there were two men involved in this -

A. The guy she slept with (a crush from high school).

B. Her internet friend from the state we moved away from.

So - while she was out cheating on me with the other man - was it completely wrong of me to update her facebook status to something like "Currently cheating on my husband.."

- and then when I found out internet friend knew of (and encouraged) her to do it - was it wrong for me to (I don't even think you can do it) tell him I was going to name him in the divorce papers (for emotional affair, sending her sexual material, etc)..?

I also wrote on the other mans facebook about cheating with another guys wife, how if those were his standards he may as well have her...

She ended up deleting her facebook account when she returned (after about 20 friends commented on it..), and internet friend refuses to talk to her, tells me he's "sorry" and regrets what he's done...

Should I feel ashamed of my behavior?

I have no desire to "fight" this guy, as that's idiotic, proves nothing, and unlike him - I actually have licenses and a career on the line, to which an assault charge would completely interfere with..
You weren't wrong.

Karma is a b.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:49 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Hate to tell you but neither humans or animals "fornicate" each other but fornicate with each other. And who might the fornicating benefit (as in "a good practice") - the fornicator or the fornicatee?
In most voluntary social transctions, both participants usually try to improve their standard of living; why should social transactions external to the institution of money based markets be any different.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:52 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times
I still think you should ask her to get her girlfriends involved so you have a better reason to keep clamoring for a relationship with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships