Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 09:11 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
It's really simple all she wants to do is fool around, and not have sex right now. Lots of relationships start out that way. If things are not moving fast enough for you, then talk to her about it. There is nothing wrong with asking her when she thinks she will be ready for sex, and from there you can make a decision if that will work for you or not. You are thinking too hard about this.
Under the circumstances sorta difficult to think about it any other way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 09:27 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
I never ever understood this. It's not okay to have sex but it's okay to do everything else? The other stuff actually feels WAY more personal to me than sex. I guess the other stuff doesn't count in some women's minds? I totally understand waiting to get to know someone a bit first, but I'd have been put off upon being informed that she has a 2 month waiting period. There is no defined waiting period in my book - whenever it feels right whether that's the 2nd date or the 10th date. Also, I have some understanding of men and I think it's a TEASE to sleep naked next to a guy but not give up the goods. Especially if she seems to expect you to do things to her but she isn't willing to do anything for you.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:39 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I never ever understood this. It's not okay to have sex but it's okay to do everything else? The other stuff actually feels WAY more personal to me than sex. I guess the other stuff doesn't count in some women's minds? I totally understand waiting to get to know someone a bit first, but I'd have been put off upon being informed that she has a 2 month waiting period. There is no defined waiting period in my book - whenever it feels right whether that's the 2nd date or the 10th date. Also, I have some understanding of men and I think it's a TEASE to sleep naked next to a guy but not give up the goods. Especially if she seems to expect you to do things to her but she isn't willing to do anything for you.

You are dead on in your assessment, and I agree with you 100%!!! There are many women who just don't want to go all the way, just the way it is, which is why it falls on the OP to decide how long he wants to put up with it. Just like she has a choice, he has a choice to decide if she is worth the wait.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:53 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,102,717 times
Quote:
Yeah, I feel like she's a Clean Teen or something. Like someone told her "If you wait two months to give up the va-jay-jay, he'll be yours for life!"

I still say he should talk to her about it though.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:05 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus of Board View Post
I have been dating a girl for about 3-4 weeks. We are in our late 20's/early 30's.

On the first date we made out. On the second date she made a big speech about how she has a two month waiting period, and "oxytocin" and not wanting to get too physical too fast. I thought I had been friendzoned, but decided to continue seeing her due to a lack of any better current prospects. On the third date, we made out, and ended up in the bedroom (which she consented to). I "went down" on her as a special treat (which she enjoyed, later describing as "awesome", and orgasmed several times), but subsequently she refused actual intercourse. We ended up sleeping together (but no sex).

On the fourth date, again she ended up sleeping over. I was tired and was just planning on crashing. But when I went to bed, she was extremely frisky/sexual (at least in my perception). Again, I got all of her clothes off including her underwear, but then she refused classic intercourse. I don't know why she let me take all of her clothes off, maybe she expected oral again, but I'm not inclined to oblige every time. Again, she gave a talk about not moving physically too fast. She then slept completely naked with her legs wrapped around mine.

So I'm very confused now about the relationship. I did a search for this on google, and apparently sleepovers with cuddling without sex means "friendzone". Also, from other forums, any girl telling you about waiting periods and all that for sex just isn't that much into you, because she'd probably be giving it to another man that she was more attracted to. I guess I'm also confused about what "sex" is. I've already penetrated her with my tongue and fingers. Seems like we've already moved pretty fast, just haven't done the last bit of it.

Should these sleepovers continue? Given the "waiting period" that's been imposed, is this girl just stringing me along until she finds a man she's more into?

Just wait her out. You're doing fine. No woman on the planet gets naked with a man she's stuck in the FriendZone.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:08 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
To the OP, it sounds like she was very clear. Intercourse after 2 months. You might as well take her at her word.

However, she sounds very selfish in bed.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:15 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
I never ever understood this. It's not okay to have sex but it's okay to do everything else? The other stuff actually feels WAY more personal to me than sex. I guess the other stuff doesn't count in some women's minds?
I don't get this either. In my mind, intercourse can be a lot less intimate and personal than oral sex (it can also be extremely intimate, don't get me wrong,) so the idea that oral sex means nothing and intercourse means everything is strange.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:19 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,764,865 times
Quote:
Well, to be fair, its a guys fault as well. If he's willing to put up with this game, get teased, and whatever, he's a chump. Leave her high and dry. I put up with that crap for two dates and few like a sucker. I don't want to date women who will have sex on some arbitrary date or point in time.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:30 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
You are definitely friendzoned. I only have sex with my husband. With my friends - I just let them go down on me and sleep with them naked. If I actually had sex with them - that would take them out of the friendzone.

I'm not really a believer in the whole friend zone thing - but if there is one - this is definitely not it.

What ever happened to just getting to know someone and seeing where things go? Why not let a relationship be between the two people involved? I just don't understand all the people that come on here asking US what to do every step of the way in THEIR relationships. Do what seems right for you. Talk to the other person involved.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:17 PM

934 posts, read 1,938,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You are definitely friendzoned. I only have sex with my husband. With my friends - I just let them go down on me and sleep with them naked.

*perk*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships