Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 05:25 PM

56 posts, read 121,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I'll tell you one thing that's worked for a friend before.

He would go out to a lounge (bar, upscale bar, etc, will work I think but not a club) by himself. Thing is, he didn't mope or look sad, he looked like he was waiting for someone and looked interested and upbeat about what was going on around him.

After awhile, he was approached by a woman or women, she/they asked why he was alone and if he was waiting for someone. He said he was waiting for his boy, and he isn't answering his phone, as they were supposed to meet up. The girl or girls would invited him to their area with others and each time, he's either hooked up with a girl from the group or got a number, then later close the deal.

If a group or female asks why you're alone, tell them you're waiting for your boy/a friend and ask if you can chill with them until he arrives. Later, just make up a reason why your friend never showed if they ever ask. My friend always says his boy later texts him and he blew him off after he got a call from a jump off.

The key is to look like you're enjoying yourself and you're approachable.

Btw, he's not gorgeous by any stretch but gives off a ton of confidence and has a good personality.
Dang..I think this might have happened to me once! :P haha. Not the "closing the deal" part, but yeah. My friends and I were at a country line dancing bar that is filled to the brim with marines ever weekend, and we saw one all by himself for at least an hour. He was decent looking, not gorgeous but he wasn't repulsive. We invited him to sit with us and he ended up dancing with all of us that night and seemed to have a pretty good time. He said that his friends were supposed to show up, but they bailed. Who knows if that was true. He went home with one of our numbers and would have gone home with two if I wasn't in a relationship at the time. :P

I don't think a guy going to a bar alone will come across as creepy. If he some confidence, he should be okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 06:31 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
So it is a good thing to get friend zoned and go with those girls in a bar?
Why not? That's the whole of point of going, is to have a good time with your friends. Going alone to me, is just watching everyone else have fun which doesn't interest me at all. I don't even drink alcohol anymore so its stupid for me to go to a bar alone. I haven't been to one in 2 years, and when I did go it was to have a good time with my friends. I had no intention of "scoring". For me there are cheaper venues to hang out by myself.

Quote:
At my local watering hole most of us show up alone, mostly because everyone there is super friendly and accepting of everyone. I go there alone all the time because more than likely I'll end up knowing at least a few people or at the very least meet a few people to hang out with.
In my area, convenience stores are the local hangouts for those that like to chew the fat with others. If I could find a bar like the one you describe, I'd might go.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:45 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,665,624 times
I move around a lot so I often go to bars/clubs alone. I'm used to it. I always meet people very easily (guys/girls). In fact, the woman I had my 2 kids with I met her at a club in Los Angeles the night of me flying out to Miami. We ended up wondering to her place, and the next day I left my brown leather jacket under her body. I found a white board and wrote my name and number, and then I took off before she woke up. When I arrived in Miami I got a call, and so went the rest of my life ...

Last edited by PosterExtraordinaire; 10-07-2012 at 05:44 PM..

Old 10-07-2012, 05:35 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,903,189 times
I use to do it all the time, go out alone. Working on the road all the time, there isn't much choice.

Kind of funny, many women had no idea I was actually alone

My usual course of action was to sit at the bar and converse with anyone and everyone around me. The best one's for conversations were usually other lone guys. WWII vets, business men, farmers, never really mattered. Everyone has a story to tell, especially over a glass of beer. Thank god I have the personality to make anyone roar with laughter. Once I connect with one individual, I would try to draw another in and get everyone relating to everyone else. Small groups are the best

Being a half decent looking guy as it was, I very well knew I caught many a woman's eye when I first walked in the door...or at the very least, I was filed into the "occasionally check this guy out to see what he's doing" category. Who doesn't like a clean cut guy having a good time amongst friends? So you can imagine, once a feller ventures beyond this group to the dance floor, restroom, get another beer, it isn't too hard to pick women up if they don't just come up to you as it is.

That being said, I always loved getting asked the question of who are all my friends over there. I'd always get the when I told the woman, "I have not idea who they all are, I just showed up."

Amazing how fast someone can go from the creepy single guy to the "Hmmm...this guy is all alone. I could do naughty things to him and no one would know."

Old 10-07-2012, 05:36 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,903,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
I move around a lot so I often go to bars/clubs alone. I'm used to it. I always meet people very easily (guys/girls). In fact, the woman I had my 2 kids with I met her at a club in Los Angeles the night of me flying out to Miami. We ended up wondering to her place, and the next day I left my brown leather jacket under her body. I found a white board and wrote my name and number, and then I took off before she woke up. When I arrived in Miami I got a text, and so went the rest of my life ...
Sorry, I LOL'd so hard

Old 11-09-2015, 05:28 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,837,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Thoughts on going to bars alone for this? To meet people and women in general? It seems unavoidably awkwards to approach people who are already in groups and it's just you; it's like you're just butting into their conversation/hang out. I'm not shy, it just is unavoidably awkward/weird and maybe a bit rude.

It's not like I don't have friend to go with, hell, one friend of mine is in a "sarging" meetup group. But I don't think any of them want to go out late, and they might be kinda *******. I took two guys (one of which was mr. sarging) to a match.com mixer, they didn't get any numbers, didn't talk much. I got two could have gotten more with more time/less dilly dallying

Yeah you can. When I was younger I went up to women in groups at bars and clubs. Didn't frequent them much, but I had good game so I knew how to open the conversation. Helps if you have something to peacock with, something that is a conversation piece. Or even magic tricks.

I know some women think it is weird if you go to the bar alone as a guy, they will think you have no friends. But I've seen places where the women largely come alone and are looking to go home with someone, so no gf baggage with them to tie them down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships