Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 03:48 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Uptight? How would you feel if some guy talked to your mother or your sister that way?
Why do you feel women need to be treated with kid gloves more so than men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 03:49 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,320,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
This forum would be so dull if we only had andrews and no alacrans.
And it would be an insufferably boorish and barbarous place if we only had alacrans and no andrews.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
And it would be an insufferably boorish and barbarous place if we only had alacrans and no andrews.
But he didn't tell you to change ...

Anyway the point is this thread is ridiculous and inappropriate for this forum anyway -- but a little comic relief is needed sometimes. We can't all argue over drug policy and dating in your 30s everyday.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Why do you feel women need to be treated with kid gloves more so than men?
Um, it's traditionally been called "chivalry".

We were once a more gracious, well-mannered society. I fail to see how the loss of those values has been an "improvement".

Old 10-09-2012, 03:52 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
Quote:
I agree.

There's a time and a place for a offbeat sense of humor, but it takes experience to know when to use it properly.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Um, it's traditionally been called "chivalry".

We were once a more gracious, well-mannered society. I fail to see how the loss of those values has been an "improvement".
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. As a woman, your post strikes me as more misogynistic than his.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
I agree.

There's a time and a place for a offbeat sense of humor, but it takes experience to know when to use it properly.
Exactly.

I'm no prude. I certainly think bawdy talk does indeed have a proper time and place. This thread, however, isn't it, IMHO.

Thanks for the support.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. As a woman, your post strikes me as more misogynistic than his.
I've been called many things in my lifetime, but this is the first time I've ever been called "misogynistic". Thanks for the clobber.

Please note that in no way did I mean to imply that a woman isn't strong enough to handle herself in such situations. That was not my intention.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:07 PM

928 posts, read 1,713,441 times
So anyway, what's up with this OP chick, and why doesn't she like getting laid?

Old 10-09-2012, 04:18 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
Quote:
Exactly.

I'm no prude. I certainly think bawdy talk does indeed have a proper time and place. This thread, however, isn't it, IMHO.

Thanks for the support.
I have a similar opinion about humor.

During my many visits to Chicago, I usually go to see a performance of Second City, in Old Town. ( I've probably gone at least 20-25 times). Originally, the shows were quite funny, and original, and with real flair for well-done group ensemble comedy. I've changed my mind about them recently,as their shows have gotten increasingly loud, and yes, a bit boorish at times. I wondered why, but then I realized that even the script writers/directors didn't appear to be much more than 25 themselves, so I knew that had to be the reason. The organist ( much younger than her predecessor) generally drowns out the singer (s) , and steps on half the punchlines, while the skits go on long past their expiration date. Louder, and more profane, doesn't equal "better"....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships