Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 03:50 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times

Advertisements

I will often say men on dating sites I consider trash and other people may not call them trash but use other terms like undesirable. So what do you consider undesirable or trashy?

1. More than one baby out of wedlock, especially by different people. I am strongly opposed to out of wedlock pregnancies but sometimes they happen. However if they KEEP happening that tells me a few things. First that you don't consider marriage important, second that you don't care who you have sex with, and third we have different values (though you are lacking them). Also, if you have kids and they are on welfare (talking from the point of dating a man)then you aren't doing your job of supporting them.

2. Divorced several times. I understand sometimes not staying together happens. However if it keeps happening it's probably your fault.

3. Expecting sex early or asking for it online. If you ask online we will not meet and if you ask on an early date there will not be another date.

4. Poor hygiene. Seriously, bathe, brush teeth and wear clean clothes and you will look better. If you are a slob I may even walk out on you.

5. Liars. Enough said.

These people are in my "never dating" category.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 03:52 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Uses vulgar words, cusses, or has Jerry Springer mouth (this goes for women, too).

Old 10-08-2012, 03:53 PM

Agreed with that. I hate swearing for no reason.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:55 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Hmm I agree with the list...

Trashy....

Someone that talks Trash (duh)
People with no manners.
People that do drugs
Addicts
People under influence
Poor drivers

People that abuse animals

There is an entire list, I don't like thinking about the existence of such qualities.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:56 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,983 times
Drug addicts, alcoholics, mutiple children with many different sperm doners. Broken, black and missing front teeth. Poor hygene.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:56 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I will often say men on dating sites I consider trash and other people may not call them trash but use other terms like undesirable. So what do you consider undesirable or trashy?

1. More than one baby out of wedlock, especially by different people. I am strongly opposed to out of wedlock pregnancies but sometimes they happen. However if they KEEP happening that tells me a few things. First that you don't consider marriage important, second that you don't care who you have sex with, and third we have different values (though you are lacking them). Also, if you have kids and they are on welfare (talking from the point of dating a man)then you aren't doing your job of supporting them.

2. Divorced several times. I understand sometimes not staying together happens. However if it keeps happening it's probably your fault.

3. Expecting sex early or asking for it online. If you ask online we will not meet and if you ask on an early date there will not be another date.

4. Poor hygiene. Seriously, bathe, brush teeth and wear clean clothes and you will look better. If you are a slob I may even walk out on you.

5. Liars. Enough said.

So, no one ever taught you that if you can't say something nice about someone, you shouldn't say anything at all?

You know what your standards are and what you are looking for.

Learn to focus on THAT and simply ignore all the rest.

Thinking of other human beings as "trash" is actually kind of trashy in and of itself.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post

5. Liars. Enough said.

People that start threads on forums judging others to be trash.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Hmm I agree with the list...

Trashy....

Someone that talks Trash (duh)
People with no manners.
People that do drugs
Addicts
People under influence
Poor drivers

People that abuse animals

There is an entire list, I don't like thinking about the existence of such qualities.
What do you mean by poor drivers, drinking, speeding or something else? I had a guy friend who got pulled over by cops for drunk driving and sober. He was horrible at driving. Just found out the guy I am interested in has been arrested for speeding three times this year alone and had to go to traffic school. I would agree with that list, especially abusing animals.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So, no one ever taught you that if you can't say something nice about someone, you shouldn't say anything at all?

You know what your standards are and what you are looking for.

Learn to focus on THAT and simply ignore all the rest.

Thinking of any human being as "trash" is actually kind of trashy in and of itself.
One time where i agree.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:00 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post

Yeah, I know, right? Like most or all the stuff on the list should be just a given, like--why are we even discussing people like this? Normally, you wouldn't even run into people like this in your life. Ah, but through the miracle of online dating, trash can be accessed in your home, and be in your face, via the internet! They call it "progress".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships