Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 08:51 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,337,846 times

Advertisements

I really don't see a need to not date at all, perhaps back burner it on a low flame but don't put it out all together. If you find someone you like spend some time if not then don't and keep doing what you are doing now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 04:36 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,509,264 times
I think this should just be a time for you alone. Put dating on the backburner and concentrate on your goals. It is very distracting to be in the beginning of a relationship and everything involved with that. Congradulations on your weight loss and good luck.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:59 AM

22,403 posts, read 29,522,524 times
One of my good guy friends did it for a year. He was celibate. Had just completely gotten ripped apart during a divorce and was left basically homeless living with his parents with his two kids. So he took the year off and got his shyt together including getting back in the gym. He's now got his own place and making 90K a year and looking better than ever. He said it was the best decision to focus on what was really important to him at that time.

GL

Old 10-13-2012, 10:15 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,425,339 times
I suffer from ADD like symptoms too. How have I coped with transitioning to a new phase in my life?

I like what I'm doing with what I want. You can have the power to transform your life however way you want to.

Empowerment is all about knowing you can change your situation for yourself and going for what you really want.

When the time is right, I know when I'll be ready for a romantic relationship.

Sometimes, if you're not quite ready and are getting your life together, a relationship might be a bit demanding when you just don't have that time for yourself to get yourself somewhere.

I've always been one to believe- if you go for what you want and you're content, things will fall into place naturally.

You'll meet the people you want to meet in your life, because you come from a place of calm (being disorganized can be really chaotic), and you come from a place of want instead of need. The difference between the two is about how truly content and happy your are with yourself. You attract the similar in that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships