Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 11:10 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
I dont think so-
Part of having a child is being in the financial position to continue meeting your own financial obligations without depending 100% on your partner.

If you want children, your savings account needs to have enough dough to support your portion of the bill plus 50% of the child. Which in a whole household situation this equals to...

Father: 33% plus 16.67%
Mom: 33% Plus 16.67%

If you dont agree with this, Then dont preach about marriage and relationships being an equal. Because its NOT.

I think most women are gold diggers. They refuse to meet their own financial obligation and use marriage and relationships as an excuse NOT to work.

Why dont I stay home, and you go to work

The issue with this is that women nowadays still do the majority of raising the kids/housework, so you want it to be 50/50 in income when it's never really 50/50 when it comes to traditional housework/raising the kids?

Personally, I would love to make enough money to where my wife never has to work and can just stay at home taking care of the kids/house. That's a perfect lifestyle for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 11:11 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
II think most women are gold diggers. They refuse to meet their own financial obligation and use marriage and relationships as an excuse NOT to work.

Really?

Quick Stats on Women Workers, 2010

1. Of the 123 million women age 16 years and over in the U.S., 72 million, or 58.6 percent, were labor force participants—working or looking for work.
  2. Women comprised 46.8 percent of the total U.S. labor force and are projected to account for 46.9 percent of the labor force in 2018.
  3. Women are projected to account for 51.2 percent of the increase in total labor force growth between 2008 and 2018.
  4. 66 million women were employed in the U.S.—73 percent of employed women worked on full-time jobs, while 27 percent worked on a part-time basis.
Women's Bureau - Quick Stats on Women Workers, 2010

Statistics prove you are so wrong.

5,653 posts, read 5,154,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
A gold digger is somebody who earns nothing looking for a man who makes 150K a year so she can sit at home and spend his money. A woman who earns a good living wanting a man who is equally ambitious, how can anybody complain about that?
I'm aware of the term but i've never heard anyone say it in reference to anyone.

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I think there is a certain sourness associated with the fact that an attractive woman with a nice personality can snag a man who enables her to not have to work a day job.

Not for nothing ... but I would LOVE to marry a woman who brought home 150K a year so I could play music 8 hours a day. As is, I am working on another degree and trying to further my career.

I do understand why men do get upset, and I've had this conversation with a lot of guys.

It just kind of gets filed under "the way things are" category.
Yes - but just because someone marries someone that can support them does not make that woman a gold digger. "The way things are" is not that any woman who marries someone that makes more than them is a gold digger. This is why I think the word gets thrown around too easily. Nowadays, if a woman doesn't pay for a date or pay her share - she is automatically a gold digger on here. It seems that gold diggers go after men who make a little more than minimum wage on here.

Gold diggers are women that go after millionaires so that they can spend their time shopping, keeping up with the Jones', and getting botox with out having to lift a finger. They aren't usually very subtle, either.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I dont think so-

Part of having a child is being in the financial position to continue meeting your own financial obligations without depending 100% on your partner.

If you want children, your savings account needs to have enough dough to support your portion of the bill plus 50% of the child. Which in a whole household situation this equals to...

Father: 33% plus 16.67%
Mom: 33% Plus 16.67%

If you dont agree with this, Then dont preach about marriage and relationships being an equal. Because its NOT.

I think most women are gold diggers. They refuse to meet their own financial obligation and use marriage and relationships as an excuse NOT to work.

Bottom Line..if you want want a guy making 50,000, 100,000, 200,000- Make sure youre meeting these criterias yourself. Why on earth would i want to be with a woman who picks me for making 100,000 a year when she barely makes 45,000 a year. She silly. wtf
Yeah - good luck with that. Good luck finding a woman that doesn't miss a day of work to have a child and will share your view that the child is literally half your responsibility, half hers. Please, for the love of god, do not have children!!!

Old 11-11-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
The issue with this is that women nowadays still do the majority of raising the kids/housework, so you want it to be 50/50 in income when it's never really 50/50 when it comes to traditional housework/raising the kids?

Personally, I would love to make enough money to where my wife never has to work and can just stay at home taking care of the kids/house. That's a perfect lifestyle for me
My husband loves that I stay home with our baby. He would support me no matter what I decided to do - but he's happiest this way. And so am I. We hope to have another baby - and once that baby is a bit older - I do want to try to get back into my career - but our son is the most important thing in my life right now. I had no idea how I would feel before he was born - but I'm glad that we were in a position where I had a choice as to what I wanted to do.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:19 AM

601 posts, read 759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yeah - good luck with that. Good luck finding a woman that doesn't miss a day of work to have a child and will share your view that the child is literally half your responsibility, half hers. Please, for the love of god, do not have children!!!

Personally , I dont want to be with anyone IF she felt otherwise.

I WOULD BE UNHAPPY.

I rather be alone

Moreover, I chose aviation as a career..so marriage..kids..really dont fit in the equation. I'm always away.

its not "my point of view" Women preach about marriage being an equal. well heres the equal..50%

33.33% plus 16.67% isnt that equal? lets be consistent here

Old 11-11-2012, 11:22 AM

601 posts, read 759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Really?

Quick Stats on Women Workers, 2010

1. Of the 123 million women age 16 years and over in the U.S., 72 million, or 58.6 percent, were labor force participants—working or looking for work.
  2. Women comprised 46.8 percent of the total U.S. labor force and are projected to account for 46.9 percent of the labor force in 2018.
  3. Women are projected to account for 51.2 percent of the increase in total labor force growth between 2008 and 2018.
  4. 66 million women were employed in the U.S.—73 percent of employed women worked on full-time jobs, while 27 percent worked on a part-time basis.
Women's Bureau - Quick Stats on Women Workers, 2010

Statistics prove you are so wrong.
Really, then why do we continue to see women go for full child support and alimony at an all time high?
Wheres all that money going? because when Ive worked at the courts all i keep hearing is they need money for the kids.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Personally , I dont want to be with anyone IF she felt otherwise.

I WOULD BE UNHAPPY.

Moreover, I chose aviation as a career..so marriage..kids..really dont fit in the equation. I'm always away.

its not "my point of view" Women preach about marriage being an equal. well heres the equal..50%

33.33% plus 16.67% isnt that equal? lets be consistent here
Well, I don't think relationships are based on equality. My husband and I don't keep balance sheets. My husband and I both give our relationship 100% - not 50%. Relationships are based on trust, love, communication, laughter, support, etc. - not finances split 50/50 under all circumstances no matter what. You do realize that women actually need time to recuperate when they have a baby - right? That sometimes it can take up to a few months? Sometimes there are complications. Apparently, you are willing to let either your wife or your baby starve to death unless they hold up their end of the bargain. A person like that has no business having a child or a wife - and since it seems like you have no plans for either - I'm hoping you stay true to that.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:25 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
Really, then why do we continue to see women go for full child support and alimony at an all time high?
Wheres all that money going? because when Ive worked at the courts all i keep hearing is they need money for the kids.
You are questioning the Bureau of Statistics?

Your hatred of women knows no bounds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships