Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 12:36 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,102,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm going by how census defines it. Race, religion, class, level of education, income, etc.

Is who? The elderly lady? The person I'm walking with? If the latter, it's likely a yes. Most of my friends or colleagues are my professional, financial, philosophical, etc equals.
I think it's extremely limiting to look at life that way. Not only does it turn dating into a big competition, but life too.

You wouldn't associate with somebody who didn't have the level of education you have or make the amount of money you make?

It's so hard to find good reliable people, I can't even imagine what it would be like if I limited my pool of people to those just like me.

But anyway, to each their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 12:37 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I think it's extremely limiting to look at life that way. Not only does it turn dating into a big competition, but life too.

You wouldn't associate with somebody who didn't have the level of education you have or make the amount of money you make?

I'm with you on this point

I want somebody who is relatively close to me in appearance and is stimulating/pleasant to be with but I'm not going to discount her because she makes 1/3 my income or because she has no college degree while I have a management degree from a good school. All that stuff is superficial anyways

Old 11-11-2012, 12:39 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

A gold digger is somebody who earns nothing looking for a man who makes 150K a year so she can sit at home and spend his money. A woman who earns a good living wanting a man who is equally ambitious, how can anybody complain about that?

Only 150k???

If I'm gonna' dig, it's for much deeper pockets.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:40 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,656,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
It's just macho bs. Real golddiggers are women who seek out men who are in the million dollar plus club, and I hardly think any guy in here qualifies for that, so it only makes me LMAO when I see it posted in here.

I agree. She isn't a gold digger if you make 200,000-she is in love with you.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:40 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
A gold digger is somebody who earns nothing looking for a man who makes 150K a year so she can sit at home and spend his money.
Quote:
Personally, I would love to make enough money to where my wife never has to work and can just stay at home taking care of the kids/house. That's a perfect lifestyle for me
Please explain the difference between someone's else's wife "sitting at home" and your wife "staying at home." You initially seem to say that a wife who does not work is a golddigger, yet later you say it's an ideal situation for you.

For the most part, I think "golddigger" is a term thrown around by guys who have no gold to dig and generally just want to ***** about splitting the tip at Applebee's.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:41 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:

It's so hard to find good reliable people, I can't even imagine what it would be like if I limited my pool of people to those just like me.

She unfriended me on here, I know I don't have the same education and probably other traits in which I'm probably not an equal to her, so she definitely follows her guidelines.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:41 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
I think so. Personally, I don't see any problem at all with women looking for somebody who makes a good living, is financially smart (the 2 things are not always the same, there are people who earn six figures in pile of debt) and financially secure. Lots of women have to take time off work when they have kids, they need to know that their husband can support them during that time

Besides, why would anybody want to have a relationship with somebody who didn't know how to plan their finances or couldn't make a decent living?

A gold digger is somebody who earns nothing looking for a man who makes 150K a year so she can sit at home and spend his money. A woman who earns a good living wanting a man who is equally ambitious, how can anybody complain about that?
It's a C-D phenom. Most men IRL don't think this way. Besides, gold-diggers come in both genders. My cousin got cleaned out by a gold-digger who took her for half her worth, including her house. She's refused to sign a marriage license since then.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:42 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,154,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Only 150k???

If I'm gonna' dig, it's for much deeper pockets.
Mine? I'll even hold them open for you.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:42 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:

It's not about looking at life. It's what is. Do you know what census is? Census reports on US demographics, vital statistics, income, family, etc. Historically and currently, people of the same cloth couple. It makes no difference what people think of it. And it's not about who I would or would not be willing to associate with. It's about who I'm around everyday, and everyday I'm around my people. And these people tend to have the same level of education, financial status, interests (music, art, hobbies), etc.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:46 PM

601 posts, read 759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
LMAO!!! Seriously? You actually pulled out the I ****ed your mom bit? Don't they teach you manners in middle school? How's that going anyway?

An eye for an eye..read her prev post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships