Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 02:49 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,959,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Lol. I didn't say anything about you. I just said your mentality is different thaThn mine.

You're just trying to argue...
Braunwyn was only stating fact. The majority of people, have relationships with, and marry those who are most like themselves. Those you live around, go to school/college with, (Play with), work with, are your dating pool. Yes there are many exceptions--but they are not the rule.

These facts are obvious in the census.

That is, what I believe, she is trying to get across--not that she looks down at any particular group, except maybe those acting like middle school crybabies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 03:06 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
Braunwyn was only stating fact. The majority of people, have relationships with, and marry those who are most like themselves. Those you live around, go to school/college with, (Play with), work with, are your dating pool. Yes there are many exceptions--but they are not the rule.

These facts are obvious in the census.

That is, what I believe, she is trying to get across--not that she looks down at any particular group, except maybe those acting like middle school crybabies.
Thank you. That's all I was pointing out. I don't know why people get so ruffled about it.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:13 PM

4 posts, read 7,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
It's just macho bs. Real golddiggers are women who seek out men who are in the million dollar plus club, and I hardly think any guy in here qualifies for that, so it only makes me LMAO when I see it posted in here.
This...

Those guys that throw away that term easily are probably those that expect a girl to be happy even when he takes her to a menu fast food restaurant such as McDonalds and do no other impression? Yet, if the girl were to rightfully complained, then all of the sudden ''Oh you're a gold-digger''. No, it's about having common sense.

Like Thursday said, a real golddigger will not be ok seeking middle class working men who have stable jobs or those with good careers (who aren't into the million dollar figure). They are into seeking millionaires and they know how to do it right without the man ever figuring it out.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:45 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Women like that who want the mega bucks Man are best to be leased by him not purchased hence the word "marriage", just like leasing a real expensive car as most people don't purchase the same.

There must be a "gold-diggers union" or something like that. lol!

Also I know that this doesn't speak about the whole women population, but go on Match and see the gold digger types there where they say they earn little $$ and expect the man to earn the "bucks".

I despise gold diggers as they to me are moochers.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:54 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,836,735 times

Kanye West - Gold Digger ft. Jamie Foxx - YouTube

Old 11-11-2012, 03:55 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post

For what it's worth, a friend of mine who makes nothing has been with a million women in his lifetime. For a while there, he was driving a 1993 Honda Civic

Old 11-11-2012, 04:00 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,836,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
For what it's worth, a friend of mine who makes nothing has been with a million women in his lifetime. For a while there, he was driving a 1993 Honda Civic
Oh I believe it. I just like the song and found that it was related to this thread.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:35 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
The pre-nup doesn't apply to what is purchased after marriage. Conclusion: don't marry.
Exactly. If you can't comprehend actually sharing your life with another person, and sharing everything-- that what's yours is theirs and vice versa-- then you have no business getting married. Separate accounts, possessions, residences, lives are not what a healthy committed marriage is about.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:47 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,912,001 times
Yeah,

Guys definetely do throw around the term "gold digger" too easily.

I have buddies that think women are "gold diggers" if they expect them to pay for dates and other related expenses in the relationship. Guys like that are just pathologically cheap - and that do not make a woman that is with a guy like that a gold digger.

I also have a few buddies that think because they have a reasonably nice car, a house and some money in the bank that all women that are interested in them must just want them for their "money" and it is absolutely laughable and pathetic.

FYI - Newsflash for all of you guys out there that think women are gold diggers and want your money simply because you have a job making over $75k a year, a place to live and a vehicle. Those women if they are hot can have all of that simply by working and way more than that if they are working and at some point decide to date and marry a guy that actually has money.

In order for a woman to be defined as a gold digger - the primary motivating force behind her dating strategy needs to be focused completely and entirely on securing a guy with money and then obtaining some or all of that money through an arrangement of what I call asset acquisition aka marriage. And the emotional charade she takes part in while making believe that she loves the guy she is with must contain some or all elements of fraud.

And to all you guys out there that think because you have a job, a car and a place to live with the occasional ability to pay for dates and other things for your girlfriend: FYI Part II:

In order for a woman to be a gold digger, the potential guy that she is considering digging the gold from must at the very least:

01 Have an earned income of over $150,000 a year (before taxes)

02 Have additional income from passive investments like stocks, hedge funds and/or anything else that generates income without any effort. (at least another $50,000 of that a year: preferrably reinvested annually so that the principal is never used)

03 Have a future inheritance from his parents and/or current income from the trust fund that they left him.

04 Own a house - and more importantly own it without any mortgage payment like middle class people that have to make payments for 30 years.

05 The ability to marry the woman (hereby defined as 'gold digger') and enable her to not have to work at a job.

06 Be able to buy her jewelry occasionally that would be equal to what a normal working guy's income would be for six months. As well as other things that she wants.

07 Cover her monthly expenses (including car) and take care of her: without constantly complaining that she just loves him for his money.

08 And not have her sign a pre-nup. The concept of a woman being a 'gold digger' is nullified the minute a guy has his attorney pull out a pre-nup or any other piece of paper that protects a guy's assets and wealth from the woman he is passionately in love with and wants to spend his life with.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:13 PM

601 posts, read 759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, of course. Not marrying has been advocated for women of means for 30 or 40 years.

Yupp! works best for guys too. I have my own place , my own car, my own bank account and she has hers. She pays for her half on every date and we're good. it has nothing to do with being cheap and everything to do with her owning up to her responsibility to herself Can only imagine how many relationships would last so much longer..

Last edited by Alicant310; 11-11-2012 at 05:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships