Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 05:52 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Wouldn't it be smart for all women to go after guys who are wealthy though?
Long term no because men will have negative views towards all women and friends tend to talk so her business will be put out there. Women need to balance it out date rich, date medium, date poor because you don't want to get labeled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 06:05 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Yeah,

Guys definetely do throw around the term "gold digger" too easily.

I have buddies that think women are "gold diggers" if they expect them to pay for dates and other related expenses in the relationship. Guys like that are just pathologically cheap - and that do not make a woman that is with a guy like that a gold digger.

I also have a few buddies that think because they have a reasonably nice car, a house and some money in the bank that all women that are interested in them must just want them for their "money" and it is absolutely laughable and pathetic.

FYI - Newsflash for all of you guys out there that think women are gold diggers and want your money simply because you have a job making over $75k a year, a place to live and a vehicle. Those women if they are hot can have all of that simply by working and way more than that if they are working and at some point decide to date and marry a guy that actually has money.

In order for a woman to be defined as a gold digger - the primary motivating force behind her dating strategy needs to be focused completely and entirely on securing a guy with money and then obtaining some or all of that money through an arrangement of what I call asset acquisition aka marriage. And the emotional charade she takes part in while making believe that she loves the guy she is with must contain some or all elements of fraud.

I agree with Skydive's post.

There are people out there who are lazy mooches, looking for a free ride in life. I wouldn't call them golddiggers, because they don't want money, they just want someone to provide for them so they don't have to work and provide for themselves, or what little they do make, spend on the fun things rather than bills and expenses. I've seen plenty of that type in my life, but have never met a true golddigger that was trying to deceive others for material gain.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:09 AM

365 posts, read 645,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Long term no because men will have negative views towards all women and friends tend to talk so her business will be put out there. Women need to balance it out date rich, date medium, date poor because you don't want to get labeled.
Who cares about being labeled if you are starving, repo man is banging at your door, and your kids have to go to some crappy public school. It's social Darwinism. Except for men. They can trump their physical short comings with being successful. While most men aren't willing to comprise on a woman's physical short comings if she has a great personality and is successful.

It's the hands we are dealt. In fact men or successful men are better off than gold diggers because he can replace her with a younger "model" every couple of years. See Donald Trump. The bottom line is that men should strive to be successful. Not just for getting the "best" women. He has freedom.

Women know that men are visual creatures. Women seek out stability. So a woman seeking out a stable lifestyle with the looks she is blessed with. That is common sense. Because she isn't going to be desired forever. Men could be rich forever depending on his skills.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:26 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Agreed. The most important thing is that everyone in the relationship agrees to their roles, whatever those roles may be.
My parents have been married for over 50 years, and my mom hasn't worked since she had kids. Their nest is long empty, but I can't imagine my dad lording it over my mom that everything they own is really his since he was the one who went to work. He came home every night to a clean house, clean clothes, food on the table, healthy kids, bills paid, home maintained, etc. They were/are a team.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
It's not a requirement for gold diggers if a man is buying her stuff and she's constantly accepting or seeking out men who can do for her she's a gold digger.

You can make 40k and a gold digger can seek you out.
That would be gold plated diggers.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
For the most part I think men do label all women Gold diggers.

A woman going for the best man that her looks can get her is only smart. She is going to look so good for so long. It could be extended with living good but still it is finite. If she has to think about her future safety and the possible life for her unborn children. It's not to say that she couldn't love her husband. But she is just choosing from a pool of potential suitors to love.

Gold diggers are seen as predators. They are unloving and will scorch the earth to get money from a man. Money is the only motivation in life. Even their kids are just an ends to a means. These are the women that man complain about. But a woman wanting a financial stable man as a partner isn't a gold digger. That is just smart. Hopefully she is bringing more to the table than just looks.
Given that the vast majority of men don't have a pot to p*ss in or a window to throw it out of women are going to have to secure their own futures and that of their children. Sort of like the vast majority of women do right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Wouldn't it be smart for all women to go after guys who are wealthy though?
The human race would cease to exist. What would be smart is if only intelligent, affluent people procreate (or at least to a much greater degree), but that's not going to happen.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:11 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Considering the average income in the US is ~46K, I hardly think most women are going after much gold.

The high income income earners making 1/2 million and over are 0.12%. That equates to not too many men that women can really gold dig around.

The average women wouldn't even have access to these men. It's a ridiculous statement to make that most women are only after men for their money, especially considering these economic times when women are actually starting to out earn men and have considerably more stable jobs.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Considering the average income in the US is ~46K, I hardly think most women are going after much gold.

The high income income earners making 1/2 million and over are 0.12%. That equates to not too many men that women can really gold dig around.

The average women wouldn't even have access to these men. It's a ridiculous statement to make that most women are only after men for their money, especially considering these economic times when women are actually starting to out earn men and have considerably more stable jobs.
Men who use the title for most women are of a specific brand. They can typically be found on the internet and take the idea of loser to a new level.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
A goldigger doesn’t necessarily only go after rich men. She can be one that is only with men who can take care of her expenses and who she can score freebies with, men who she can dig for gold be it a nugget or the gold mine. Those are women who only seek that on a man. It’s normal for women to want to be with a man who has a good economic status, drives a cool car, and so on BUT focuses on other characteristics of a man AS WELL. Don’t think all women can be considered goldiggers for that simple nature, something that is part of being a woman.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:38 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,102,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
For the most part I think men do label all women Gold diggers.

A woman going for the best man that her looks can get her is only smart. She is going to look so good for so long. It could be extended with living good but still it is finite. If she has to think about her future safety and the possible life for her unborn children. It's not to say that she couldn't love her husband. But she is just choosing from a pool of potential suitors to love.

Gold diggers are seen as predators. They are unloving and will scorch the earth to get money from a man. Money is the only motivation in life. Even their kids are just an ends to a means. These are the women that man complain about. But a woman wanting a financial stable man as a partner isn't a gold digger. That is just smart. Hopefully she is bringing more to the table than just looks.
Uh.

Maybe she could a degree and career path that could lead to her being able support herself.

Ya think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships