Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2012, 11:52 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Examples, please. What do women do to you every day that gives you the impression they hate men? I can't work with vague statements.
Apparently all the women of C-D must have "I hate men" as their statuses.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
ALmost every human being backs gender equality in every sense, and we all should be thankful for what feminist movement accomplished in the past. But today its useless and expired. It causes substantialy more damage to our society than any movement should, and if you dont see it, you must be blind to reality. Time for man haters to go home.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
ALmost every human being backs gender equality in every sense, and we all should be thankful for what feminist movement accomplished in the past. But today its useless and expired. It causes substantialy more damage to our society than any movement should, and if you dont see it, you must be blind to reality. Time for man haters to go home.
I think it's been more than proven that there is still very much a need for it today. But thank you, play again.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:09 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Apparently all the women of C-D must have "I hate men" as their statuses.
I'm tending to conclude that discussions of rape bring out more emotion in men than in women, just going by the reactions here. Discussions of the unpleasant realities women have to face isn't "man-hating" any more than discussions of the realities people of color struggle with is "White-hating". Inequities in life need to be faced and addressed in order for humanity to move forward.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
I think it's been more than proven that there is still very much a need for it today. But thank you, play again.
There is no need for it today, you just have nothing better to do.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm tending to conclude that discussions of rape bring out more emotion in men than in women, just going by the reactions here. Discussions of the unpleasant realities women have to face isn't "man-hating" any more than discussions of the realities people of color struggle with is "White-hating". Inequities in life need to be faced and addressed in order for humanity to move forward.
All humans have to face unpleasant realities, not just women. Ever wonder why men commit suicide at substantialy higher ratesd than women? No one is excusing rape, but Im not sure where all this nonsense noise about it not being a big deal is coming from. Rape is taken very seriously today and even big profile athletes and politicians get prosecuted for it, without a question or preferential treatment. We all know its wrong. Femint movement is responsible for diminishing gender differences in the western world and directly responsible for those who have no lusk in dating. Usueless and expired movement is just that, no matter how you try to spin it.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:16 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. We'll have no need for feminism, when I can read a news article about a powerful woman that makes no reference to her clothing, makeup, fashion sense, looks, hairstyle, cooking ability, child rearing techniques, etc and focuses on her accomplishments that lead to her power and influence.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:17 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Of course there is a need for it. There are millions of women all around the world crying out for their freedom. Even in the West there are women still not able to have control over their own reproduction. In Ireland a woman recently died because the Drs refused to do an abortion to save her and Ireland is a very Westernised country.

And how do you propose to get rid of feminism? Practically I mean. You can't ban it, you can't stop people claiming the word, you can't really do anything. It's a mindset and you can't change that easily.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:17 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
When women post about their direct experience in life, or cite very public cases, this is somehow construed as not tolerating disagreement. I don't understand that. If women post that they've been paid less than men doing the same job, or have been denied promotions they're well-qualified for, this isn't a matter of opinion, it's a statement of fact. Why does it get dismissed? Why so much denial of people's experience? That's just rude.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:18 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Popcorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships