Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you enter into a long-term romantic relationship with this person????
YES - FOR MEN RESPONDING 32 41.56%
NO - FOR MEN RESPONDING 11 14.29%
YES - FOR WOMEN RESPONDING 30 38.96%
NO - FOR WOMEN RESPONDING 4 5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:54 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,696,184 times

Advertisements

I always found people who were less attractive to be better partners. More caring and more 'real'. So I absolutely wouldn't care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 08:55 PM

681 posts, read 618,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
i'm sorry that you're a lions fan.
+1 lol

Old 11-30-2012, 06:10 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
I have yet to meet a guy whose personality blows me away. I've gone out mostly with guys who at least seemed decent for the duration of time that we were dating, but I never look back and think, "Wow, his personality was amazing!" The physical attraction has to be there for me to want to pursue.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:10 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,354,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbrian View Post
If a person looks only 5/10 (very average, but not butt ugly) on your scale, but their personality is 9/10 (great, but super awesome would be a stretching it) would you consider being in a Long-Term Romantic Relationship with them?

Yes?
No?

You can post some more detailed responses below.

Please take the poll.
After about six, it wouldn't matter what she looks like, but there's a definite minimum, and that's about 5...maybe four on some scales. I voted that I wouldn't, but I was thinking that 5 would be butt ugly, and you stated it would not be.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:44 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,270 times
I'd prefer a 10 for personality if i'm settling for a 5 for looks... but i'd consider a 9.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:49 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Having a really great personality generally ends up changing my perception of someone's looks, and they start getting more attractive. In my experience. The converse is true as well.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:59 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,659,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Having a really great personality generally ends up changing my perception of someone's looks, and they start getting more attractive. In my experience. The converse is true as well.
This is the key. I'm always dumbfounded in these discussions when people just refer to "a 6" as this monolithic status.

The 5 or 6 that you barely speak to at work or on the train, and hardly notice, can creep up to an 8. As you start to notice just how clever and funny they are, or that they are also super into Early Hungarian Ninepin Bowling, you also discover that sexy dimple that comes out when they laugh. Or that their eyes grab yours when talking intently, and how amazing is it that they can intelligently discuss [insert any topic that is not pop culture related.]

Just as easily, a 9 slides down into 4 status when you discover that they've never had an original thought in their life, and their favorite show is Jerseylicious.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:11 PM

91 posts, read 307,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
This is the key. I'm always dumbfounded in these discussions when people just refer to "a 6" as this monolithic status.

The 5 or 6 that you barely speak to at work or on the train, and hardly notice, can creep up to an 8. As you start to notice just how clever and funny they are, or that they are also super into Early Hungarian Ninepin Bowling, you also discover that sexy dimple that comes out when they laugh. Or that their eyes grab yours when talking intently, and how amazing is it that they can intelligently discuss [insert any topic that is not pop culture related.]

Just as easily, a 9 slides down into 4 status when you discover that they've never had an original thought in their life, and their favorite show is Jerseylicious.

Amen

Old 11-30-2012, 01:05 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,100,368 times
The results of the poll thus far say that 17 of 18 women will take a man who is for all intents and purposes, not attractive, but has a really good personality.

I call foul!

This is completely and utterly against what I observe both in real life and on CD forums as well. Women who reject guys who have good personalities and are decent looking ALL THE TIME.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:44 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,646 times
No

Most likely since he's a guy he approached me based on attraction and I doubt guys approach gals they find average so I see no reason for me to do what he didn't. No different than I don't see much reason in a pretty gal overlooking an ugly guy's appearance when he most likely approached her because she was pretty.

As well as in my opinion most guys personality are essentially the same- they want to bust a nut and they want their egos pandered to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships