Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2012, 12:44 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Religion is important to you? Really? It seems, based on some of the things you've said, and reported you've done, on this forum show that that is true in theory, but not in practice. Talking the talk versus walking the walk.
That is the fact Jack.

I love how people claim to be so religious, yet stomp all over the basic tennets.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Religion is important to you? Really? It seems, based on some of the things you've said, and reported you've done, on this forum show that that is true in theory, but not in practice. Talking the talk versus walking the walk.
What I did in the past is done but now I live a moral life. However I have never been divorced or had kids and choose men like me.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:59 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What I did in the past is done but now I live a moral life. However I have never been divorced or had kids and choose men like me.
Ok cool you are a religious woman. Have you ever heard of that Jesus guy? He probably wants you to slow your roll a little with the judgments.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:35 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,215 times
OK I'm dating a guy who is 41 and has a 5 year old daughter who has has every second weekend.

She is really cute but I haven't met her. I don't see him when he has her and it's a reasonably new relationship.

This guy is 6'4 of pure muscle, he's got his own business in steel so. Ex footballer who still trains. He is good looking, perfectly in proportion, totally single, kind and nice with a great laugh and smile.

I cannot for the life of me fathom why the existence of his one, cute-as-a-button child would make this guy undateable to you.

ETA: I met him on a dating site, I shag him every chance I get, it's awesome, and he's allowing me to move into one of his holiday homes in a cute little fishing village rent free if I need to, so that's what having sex with a man has gotten me. Apart from the pleasure at the time, of course.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:48 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,654 times
I have three teenage sons. The youngest one is a freshman in high school. I met a girl I really liked. I courted her and won her heart. She has a daughter....we are celebrating her 3rd birthday today. I have basically started over, I'm raising another man's daughter as my own. It wasn't what I planned; it wasn't what I was looking for, but that's completely ok, because life happens and our plans need to change to fit life instead of life changing to fit our plans.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:58 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
I have three teenage sons. The youngest one is a freshman in high school. I met a girl I really liked. I courted her and won her heart. She has a daughter....we are celebrating her 3rd birthday today. I have basically started over, I'm raising another man's daughter as my own. It wasn't what I planned; it wasn't what I was looking for, but that's completely ok, because life happens and our plans need to change to fit life instead of life changing to fit our plans.
Exactly.

Kids bring the love with them...especially the little ones.

OP you may be cutting yourself off from something really special.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
OK I'm dating a guy who is 41 and has a 5 year old daughter who has has every second weekend.

She is really cute but I haven't met her. I don't see him when he has her and it's a reasonably new relationship.

This guy is 6'4 of pure muscle, he's got his own business in steel so. Ex footballer who still trains. He is good looking, perfectly in proportion, totally single, kind and nice with a great laugh and smile.

I cannot for the life of me fathom why the existence of his one, cute-as-a-button child would make this guy undateable to you.

ETA: I met him on a dating site, I shag him every chance I get, it's awesome, and he's allowing me to move into one of his holiday homes in a cute little fishing village rent free if I need to, so that's what having sex with a man has gotten me. Apart from the pleasure at the time, of course.
Why? because he can't marry in church, he pays child support and I might have to contribute to it myself (or at least have less household income because of this), I come last after his kids and his wife, the drama. Want me to keep going on?

Old 12-01-2012, 02:17 PM

I am NOT bending on dating men with kids, please knock this off. I do not want to come after the kids, I do not want to pay for his kids or exwife (see last page where I posted something about stepparents and child support), I will only marry in church (and let's be honest many men who have been married don't want to remarry). I don't want to reschedule dates because of his kids, I don't want to deal with the drama. I don't want to deal with the idea he has already been through the wedding/kids thing and so much more.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Ok cool you are a religious woman. Have you ever heard of that Jesus guy? He probably wants you to slow your roll a little with the judgments.
What judgements? I do not date dads, and I have explained why.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:22 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What judgements? I do not date dads, and I have explained why.
Quit judging people:
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ing-sites.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships