Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,444,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
marriage is down 50%.
42 million plus divorces filed since 1975 no fault, 70% filed by women. even an incest learns after awhile.
Hmm... By your stats, looks like a better question is How many women are actually marriage minded vs. mere romantic fantasy sans commitment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,630,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Are Russian girls really better? I've thought about saving up to go overseas at some point... i'm trying to decide if it's worth it.

For the record, i was in Madison a couple years ago. Women there are gorgeous, but they didn't seem any nicer than girls here on the east coast.
It's a global consumer culture. Borders and country labels mean less and less differences. Russian city girls are not that much different than American women. Pure predatory if not whorish attitudes of the 1990th + (a wild capitalism stage) are slowly substituted by Americanized - get a career, get money, don't give a dime, you are #1. Younger Russian women maintain themselves in a much better fighting trim, that's true. High end of them would maintain themselves well into middle age (same is true about USA). Yet average Russian woman who made a reasonable marriage bet lets herself go (the only difference, she almost never reach humongous American sizes and she does take little bit (no much) better care of her man). Yes, traditional Russian femininity and behavior stereotypes differs drastically from 21st century patterns of woman' liberation (same is true about any other country). Good luck finding that on Bride.RU | Russian brides | Russian women | Russian girls though. World is getting uniform and boring.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Hmm... By your stats, looks like a better question is How many women are actually marriage minded vs. mere romantic fantasy sans commitment?
75%+ of divorces initiated by women (among college educated couples it's whopping 90%, pay attention boys). In essence, women treat marriage as disposable self-fulfillment tool. And then they wonder why men don't want to marry. I tell you, girls, if you are on the path of self-fulfillment, self-assertion, self-discovery and looking for eternal sensation of "love" burning - DO NOT get married, don't discredit marriage even further. Marriage implies automatic constraints to all of the above on both sides, if you are not willing to accept those limitations, stay unmarried and leave marriage for the ones who seek some sort of synergy, so to speak, and who are willing to step on self for the sake of that.

Last edited by RememberMee; 01-08-2013 at 10:40 AM..

Old 01-08-2013, 10:16 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,376,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I think men want to marry more then women care to admit I don't truly believe that all men want to grow old alone. I know some don't care one way another but most of would like to find someone & settle down & grow old with someone else. Too bad some women feel that we can't commit just because they have been burned in the past.
Marriage isn't the only way to avoid growing old alone

Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,617,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Marriage isn't the only way to avoid growing old alone

True, but we seem to be getting the short end of the stick on this topic here.

Last edited by reed067; 01-08-2013 at 10:38 AM..

Old 01-08-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Multiple citations requested
In reference to who spends most of the consumer money and why divorced (and ripped off) men almost always do so much better after divorce.

TATISTICS Women account for 85% of all consumer purchases including everything from autos to health care:
91% of New Homes
66% PCs
92% Vacations
80% Healthcare
65% New Cars
89% Bank Accounts
93% Food
93 % OTC PharmaceuticalsAmerican women spend about $5 trillion annually…
Over half the U.S. GDP

She-conomy » MARKETING TO WOMEN QUICK FACTS

Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,846,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
75%+ of divorces initiated by women (among college educated couples it's whopping 90%, pay attention boys). In essence, women treat marriage as disposable self-fulfillment tool. And then they wonder why men don't want to marry. I tell you, girls, if you are on the path of self-fulfillment, self-assertion, self-discovery and looking for eternal sensation of "love" burning - DO NOT get married, don't discredit marriage even further. Marriage implies automatic constraints to all of the above on both sides, if you are not willing to accept those limitations, stay unmarried and leave marriage for the one who seek some sort of synergy, so to speak, and who are willing to step on self for the sake of that.
College-educated couples are less likely to get divorced.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,376,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
[i]TATISTICS Women account for 85% of all consumer purchases including everything from autos to health care:

She-conomy » MARKETING TO WOMEN QUICK FACTS
Your link doesn't credit its sources. Thus, I cannot find that to be reliable.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Your link doesn't credit its sources. Thus, I cannot find that to be reliable.
Don't play forum statistician. It's a forum not a thesis. That reference' numbers are in line with other numbers I have stumbled upon. If you have unreliable sources claiming that men spend 85% of consumer cash, please do share. I will not nitpick.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
College-educated couples are less likely to get divorced.
I'm not a nitpick on references, but that article doesn't provide even numbers. Besides "college educated" is not quite the same as "well-educated and wealthy".

And among the well-educated and wealthy who marry after the age of 26, they’re falling quite dramatically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships