Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:25 PM

223 posts, read 694,242 times

Advertisements

hmmmm. I just encountered her first blatant lie to me. A tiny one, but still a lie.
She called me just now (1020 PM) to tell me to have a good night at work, and that she was sorry she didn't call me earlier today... she said she had taken a nap a 'little bit' ago... While she was logged onto her game, playing? I logged on to shoot the breeze for a couple hours before work and she's been online in the game since like 2 PM.
It's nothing, I know... but it just gets under my skin. argh.

see you guys l8r.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 01:06 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Maybe she stayed logged in and took a nap?

Old 10-26-2007, 03:42 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Lost,

I would like to share with you part of the beginning of my journey. It seemed like I was getting advise from every direction. I could do only what I could do.. There was one person who wanted me to get it over already, I knew I had to, just do it,

I cannot recall exactly how it was worded or how it played out. I thought of you yesterday. I thought of how all of us are probably thinking....just do it, run for your life!

I know thats how people were feeling about me. But I was afraid, and at times, I stood still, and at other times my walk, my journey was a slow one. I went at a pace that I could handle.

I thought of you and I felt so bad for you. I dont know you. I dont know her. I dont know everything. I know that when I come on here it is nothing but the truth.

I have been accused of maybe imprinting my exp on someone in another thread. I will not do that here, but so strange, I feel like I was how you are, it just had to play out, as it would, but I am on the other side, as my circle of friends are, saying, thinking...

Run! Just know that you are in my thoughts, and please be careful with your decisions. We know, you know, we cannot make them for you, but just try to help you along. See what seemingly is going to happen down the line, and are trying to protect you from it.

Just like with me and my circle of friends, and some of them are on here as well We want only good things for you...

Hugs.

Robyn

Old 10-26-2007, 06:35 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,533 times
I take thee for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health - all the days of my life. It's been many years since I said them but you get the gist!
Those words are very powerful and should have meaning. When you are young they don't always. What you have described is typical marriage crap - the stuff that happens when you live with someone day to day. The first few years are hard - once the honeymoon wears off - real life isn't romantic - it can't be - not everyday.
It's hard work. I always tell my husband - I always love you even when I don't like you. It is hard to stay committed - it is easier to run. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy.
You being crabby and grumpy and being miserable when your mother in law comes is not a reason to walk out on a marriage. And I don't see any reason (again - don't know it all) that you should have to wear sack cloth and ashes for years. You are human - you are not perfect. It is good that you are seeing ways to change and improve yourself - but is she? No problem in a relationship is ever one person's fault. Allowing her to punish you is not healthy for anyone.......
I am glad that you all made through the fires alright - we've been worried!

Old 10-26-2007, 08:26 AM

I was driving home from work this morning and saw my wife driving to work... and Suddenly felt anger building up inside of me. Just blind anger, almost rage. Very weird. I had no reason to feel angry, I just was.
*scratches head*

I think I might end up in a straightjacket before this is all over with.
l8r

Old 10-26-2007, 08:37 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,533 times
You have a lot of reasons to feel anger - you are allowed to feel what you feel - don't deny yourself that right

Old 10-26-2007, 08:41 AM

558 posts, read 2,249,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostsouls View Post
hmmmm. I just encountered her first blatant lie to me. A tiny one, but still a lie.
She called me just now (1020 PM) to tell me to have a good night at work, and that she was sorry she didn't call me earlier today... she said she had taken a nap a 'little bit' ago... While she was logged onto her game, playing? I logged on to shoot the breeze for a couple hours before work and she's been online in the game since like 2 PM.
It's nothing, I know... but it just gets under my skin. argh.

see you guys l8r.
Sounds like some serious growing-up is needed here. Don't feel bad...it happens to the best of us !!

Old 10-26-2007, 06:25 PM

just got back from hanging out with friends from work and I had an awesome time! We spent 5 hours eating, drinking, and talking. it was great.

Wife called earlier... and Im not returning her call. she can spend the next couple days by herself.

now I gotta sleep, I have to work tonight!
l8r!

Old 10-26-2007, 06:36 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
You go BUOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYY...

Have fun and enjoy a little independence. If you DO win her back you'll regret not taking SOME advantage of the time and freedom.....

Old 10-27-2007, 04:15 PM

damn it. She called me this morning as she was driving to work. I called her back after she got to work and we talked for a bit. She asked how my parents are doing, I asked her how her mom was, she said she's fine, and then the bombshell. My wife said that she's trying to get things in order so she can see her family in a year or so. AARRRRGH!
I want to F'ing hit something right now.

I replied with a 'hmm' and she said she's not moving or anything, just to play it off. My sister says she does this because I pulled away for a day.

When Can I tell her "ENOUGH THE THE F'ING GAMES!"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships