Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:42 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
She's not interested, honestly. If she were, she would have been excited to hear from you and definitely would have texted you back. She may keep you on the back burner if she has another date or two lined up, but you're not first priority.
This actually sounds very realistic. However, I still vote for your giving it one last try tomorrow, just to satisfy your curiosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 09:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
I'd move on. She isn't responding to you, so I would assume she isn't interested anymore.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:58 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,834 times
They just went out last night! She doesn't respond to one text sent while she's at work and she hates him?

I mean she might not like him but this Is just not enough to go on to me. He needs to try again in a day or so IMO.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:10 PM

132 posts, read 188,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
So, how is you are Tuesday going?
I was wondering the same thing?

Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Just a small tip: try to avoid saying things like "if you're up for it", "if you wouldnt mind" etc etc... When aski g a girl out on a date. It shows that youre expecting to get shut down, and makes you seem like you lack confidence. Just assume she had the best time of her life, and cant wait for a second date and convey that mindset in your texts and conversations. Its all in the details, my friend.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:36 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Just a small tip: try to avoid saying things like "if you're up for it", "if you wouldnt mind" etc etc... When aski g a girl out on a date. It shows that youre expecting to get shut down, and makes you seem like you lack confidence. Just assume she had the best time of her life, and cant wait for a second date and convey that mindset in your texts and conversations. Its all in the details, my friend.
Agree. This is one main way I've improved in the last 5 years. Take control and keep it more concise next time. Your text sounded like a long rant that showed a lack of confidence.
For example you wrote "Hey, just wanted to say I had a great time meeting you last night and we should definitely get together again if you're up for it. Hope you're Tuesday is going well."

She knows you had a good time, otherwise you wouldn't be asking her on a 2nd date!
"If you're up for it" comes across as insecure/lacking confidence.

At the end of the day if this is how you were on a simple text, that would have come across on the date and possibly big time.

Last edited by dave nz; 02-20-2013 at 01:16 AM..

Old 02-20-2013, 01:20 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
you might be right , but, if the guy was a little too "confident" or straightforward,(at first) all the sudden the woman may call him creepy,,or pressuring her

woman say they just love confidence, until a confident guy is after them,,that they may or may not particularly want,
some woman are just very ambivalent at first, so you can easily push them away.

a lot of singles are shell-shocked coming out of bad relationships, it's not easy dating again, stirs up a lot of crap-sometimes its easier for a woman to run and hide,,than to overly expose herself when she's not ready-so, i'd be cautious putting her on the spot., take it slow

I think the guy did o.k., but give her a few days, let her make the move towards you.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:33 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
you might be right , but, if the guy was a little too "confident" or straightforward,(at first) all the sudden the woman may call him creepy,,or pressuring her

woman say they just love confidence, until a confident guy is after them,,that they may or may not particularly want,
some woman are just very ambivalent at first, so you can easily push them away.

Not sure of the Op's age, but I'm guessing early 20's. When I was that age, girls would often describe me and cocky or over confident. Yet those same girls that were calling me that, flirted with me on occasions, hungout, I met friends of their friends through them, got intimate.

The key is, its much easier to go from cocky or over confident, to be assertive and confident. Than is is from lacking confidence, insercure, to be assertive and confident.

I wouldn't change anything I'd still rather be cocky or over confident than the flipside.
That said neither is Ideal and the Ideal is assertive and confident, as you mature sometimes it develops naturally.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:35 AM

650 posts, read 702,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preditor74 View Post
So I just had a first date with a girl I met on POF last night. It was about a two hour first date that I thought went pretty well (especially considering some of the women I've met online). Anyways, towards the end of the night she went to get in a cab, we hugged, and in a very passing and quick way she said, "This was great. Hopefully see you soon." Now I didn't know if she was trying to just get in the cab as quick as possible or if she really meant it.

Anyways, I sent a text this afternoon saying, "Hey, just wanted to say I had a great time meeting you last night and we should definitely get together again if you're up for it. Hope you're Tuesday is going well." About an hour later I get a response (she normally takes a while to respond), "Hey. Super busy at work. How's you're Tuesday going?"

So firstly I was kind of bummed I didn't get a response to my implication, but I responded with how my Tuesday was going, and then asked another casual question (relating to something we discussed last night). I haven't heard anything since then.

Do you think I should just let this go, or should I maybe shoot her another text tomorrow trying again? Appreciate any help!
There's no right or wrong answer and no way of knowing how she feels yet but myself personally, I would await her reply before contacting her again.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:32 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,580 times
It's hard to always field how a woman is thinking. In my experience, if a woman responds promptly to a text it doesn't always mean she's interested. I've had delayed responses where the woman was really into me, but forgot to respond when I sent the message. It's a mixed bag and you are never going to get the same answer twice. I always say to go with your gut.

The best bit of advice I do have is for how women make up their excuses for not texting you back. If she just says "busy" then leave it at that. She's not really busy, she just doesn't care to explain why she didn't text you back. In my experience, if a woman gave me a halfway legitimate message, I would continue to communicate. Busy is just like saying "working" or "tired." It doesn't convey a clear message and will usually cause most people to become a little anxious.

With dates, friendships, and relationships that have worked out for me with the opposite sex, I would get much more detail. For instance, "Sorry, I'm just getting back with you, a friend came over and we stayed up late chatting," or "Sorry, I've been tired all day from work and I fell asleep early," or "Sorry, I fell asleep texting you."

Don't get me wrong, a woman can just as easily be lying in these messages too, but in my experience, the ones that were lying would just keep the message to one word. When I've lied in the past, my text were the same way, "busy" or "tired."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships