Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 07:53 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times

Advertisements

Smart girl for getting herself out of an abusive situation so quickly. It often takes so much more before a woman takes action. It's easy to condemn her, but she's 19 with 2 kids. I was an idiot at 19, and I'm thankful I was smart enough (or rather came from a privileged enough background to have something to lose) to avoid the teen-pregnancy trap.

But we've actually come quite far as a nation in recent decades:
WP Magazine: After Dad shot Mom, a family deals with the haunting legacy of gun violence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 07:57 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
Well her type of woman is what irritates me. If you do the math, she was a teen mom! Had her first child at 15 . Ugh, it's one thing to be a teen mom and be RESPONSIBLE about it. I know there are teen moms who ACTUALLY find a job to provide for her kids. Unlike this woman who would rather find as many men as she can to provide for her and her kids. That's a BIG difference. If you want compassion from me, you better deserve it.

As for who provided. I honestly am baffled where they even get the money for food/going out. Look the woman is a parasite. She depends on the man, her friends, her family (her grandpa in the airport) for EVERYTHING.. There is NOTHING in the 'story' that indicated to me that she supported herself. NONE.
Exactly! sadly, personal responsibility is a foreign concept to a lot of people in this society. She's not a petty victim, she could have find a job and become a contributory member of the society.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:03 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,129 times
From what I think, her husband is probably paying her for child support. So that was probable the source of their income. She somehow "managed" to find a fool of an ex convict, thinking that he's going to be a good guy to live with. Another reminder that people should really watch into someone's character and figure out that there's very VERY low chance of a change in adult person... and you don't want to play against the odds with your personal life, after all.

Like I said, cases like this are usually lasting for so many times and system goes with "line of less resistance". Arrest him, spend the night in jail, this and that. You see, she would probably stay with the fool but she is afraid of him and runs away. System can work to stop regular people from doing this, but then again such people know much better than this and they generally don't want to end up in prison anyways. Folks like this ex convict are your typical fool who doesn't care about it at all - they're "good men" with a serious issue, when they explode they can kill or maim you and you have to live by knowing that.
Author refers to some legal act that should stop violence on women, but disregards the fact that no single legal act will stop this guy from being an idiot. System just fails to work against idiots, I've already said that only electric shocker around his neck would be a good idea, and make him electrocuted each time he attempts to do something like this. I've watched it happen in Richmond for so many times until I moved away to another place. I've avoided getting out of my house sometimes when I heard trouble in my passage way, because I didn't want to be there when that happens. See, normal people AVOID fools and they tend to let fools to run into another fool who will deal with them. Another solution is to install police officer in their house, or a robocop, to watch the situation 24/7.. but this guy will still go mad and explode, sooner or later. Thus no single legal act can work in here other than locking him in mental institution because they failed to make a man out of him when people form as personalities in their young age... even if you send him in prison you see that she's justifiably afraid of him once he gets out. I'd be afraid as well, I'd just want to go away from such idiot. Even if they impose restriction order, he's an idiot and once in his miserable life he'll break that order fully knowing that he'll go to jail... and when folks like him break that order, you know a tragedy is likely to happen. Thus the solution for her is to run away to Alaska.
Discussing her life is another story, she's obviously not a role model either, probably far from it, but the focus of this article was about domestic violence.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:41 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,482 times
Quote:
While noone deserves to be abused in any way shape or form... The situation is just a trainwreck waiting to happen as it did. How can they survive when they are both jobless? with 2 kids!! Then honestly I really think it was best he was jailed coz I feared he might rape his gf's daughter. I mean really?! he is affectionate with the daughter and NOT the son? REALLY?!

Then the woman is just a typical dependent woman. CONSTANTLY Looking for a man to take care of her rather than looking for a job to take care of her and her kids... wow. She seems like she jumps from man to man without a problem.

I was gonna say she always looks good especially her hair in spite of having 2 kids, then I remember.... she's a bum! Of course she has all the time in her hands to sit in the mirror and primp herself up for the next 'victim'/abuser, errr guy.
You don't have any compassion?

The fact that he didn't get along with the son, but he cared for the daughter, didn't mean he was about to rape the daughter. I think not getting along with the sons in these sorts of situations isn't unusual, but was very sad. The whole story is sad, but if I were in her shoes, the fact the relationship was strained between the son and Shane should have mean it was time to end it, abuse or not.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:42 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
You don't have any compassion?

The fact that he didn't get along with the son, but he cared for the daughter, didn't mean he was about to rape the daughter. I think not getting along with the sons in these sorts of situations isn't unusual, but was very sad. The whole story is sad, but if I were in her shoes, the fact the relationship was strained between the son and Shane should have mean it was time to end it, abuse or not.
Yeah, someone who has "tension" with a four-year-old is not an adult themselves.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:50 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Exactly! sadly, personal responsibility is a foreign concept to a lot of people in this society. She's not a petty victim, she could have find a job and become a contributory member of the society.
How do you know what she has done or not done to become a contributing member of society?

What is a petty victim.

Let's give this lady a break, and wish her luck, and hope that she makes better choices about who she lets into her life now that she has moved to Alaska.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:55 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
I don't. But based on the story I read, this is all she will get from me.
If you don't know very much about her, why make up things about her and demonize her for them? You're the poster who married someone you just met, right? It bothers you when people here assume things about you and your marriage, I've seen you protest against that. Give that woman the same courtesy is all I'm saying.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:57 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Well her type of woman is what irritates me. If you do the math, she was a teen mom! Had her first child at 15 . Ugh, it's one thing to be a teen mom and be RESPONSIBLE about it. I know there are teen moms who ACTUALLY find a job to provide for her kids. Unlike this woman who would rather find as many men as she can to provide for her and her kids. That's a BIG difference. If you want compassion from me, you better deserve it.

As for who provided. I honestly am baffled where they even get the money for food/going out. Look the woman is a parasite. She depends on the man, her friends, her family (her grandpa in the airport) for EVERYTHING.. There is NOTHING in the 'story' that indicated to me that she supported herself. NONE.
Judgmental much

If you don't know anything about domestic violence I suggest you keep quiet, because now you simply look like a really nasty person.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:02 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Judgmental much

If you don't know anything about domestic violence I suggest you keep quiet, because now you simply look like a really nasty person.
and calling angelinajolie a really nasty person is not judgmental?

Double standard much?

Old 03-01-2013, 10:04 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
Domestic Violence: Makes me wonder when someone is going to pour bleach in the gene pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships