Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 05:12 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
The types you get will tell you.
I'm not trying to seriously date an older woman. As long as she is still physically attractive, I'm single and don't have any better options that night, I'm game. I don't really care what "type" she is for one night of fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 05:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
I'm not trying to seriously date an older woman. As long as she is still physically attractive, I'm single and don't have any better options that night, I'm game. I don't really care what "type" she is for one night of fun.
Fair enough.Hope your balls don't itch.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:53 PM

52,274 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
I have an older female friend who just turned 55. She's dating a 34 yr old man (he pursued her pretty strongly, the whole thing came as quite a shock to her). I don't have an issue with it - they are happy, so let it be. BUT her step father and mother who are both well into their 80s have a huge issue with it. They said he's too young and he won't be able to "take care of her". She is the most independent person I know. She's just having fun, not looking for someone to take care of her. Funny how different people perceive things. Maybe it's a generational thing too.

I don't care what other people do. I have enough to worry about just myself.
I don't have a dog in the fight, I personally don't care either way, but while 55 and 34 seems ok now, it's gonna suck later down the road, I think at the end of the day two people are better off in the long run being closer to the same age.

A lot of times the younger spouse is on the losing side of things as a lot of times 20 age differences start making things a lot less fun in terms of failing health etc etc etc.

The 55 yr old will be 75 in 20 yrs and the 34 your old will be 54.... there can be dramatic differences in quality of life between the two.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:17 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Because older women tend to have fewer hang-ups. They've worked out who they are and what they want and they don't play silly girl games.

Oh, and they're effin' HAWT, too.

Concurring with what you said here in this thread but putting it in my own words:

Because, more often than not, one finds older women in their 40s, 50s, and later to have dropped alot of the "cat and mouse" games that younger women are too often so enamoured of in their relating to males & to hence the older women are more prone to just choosing to be real (straightforward & plaintalking, with lesser or no aims to always be so coy and mysterious with the man). That is, if they want or wish for something, they state it; if they feel something, they express it; and so on. In other words, they are much more prone to having already worked out all the developmental stages of earlier life that younger women are still immersed in and better know the stuff they're made and can just be more prone to being plain-talking and with lesser (if any) degree of game-playing.

As to my very last comment above: That's the crux of the matter . . . that they are much more prone to leaving all the damn GAMES behind in life and therefore the younger man has less likelihood to dealing with hidden agendas, manipulative behaviors, hide-and-seek cat-and-mouse games from the woman (always leaving the man guessing and unsure as to how she really thinks, perceives, and feels), et al.

And the older women tend to be less pre-occupied with a man having the very best looks, the very best socioeconomic standing, the very best resume of the most impressive life accomplishments, etc. but are more tuned into looking for the more essential base human personality and character qualities.

And many of these older women are past the years of desiring children (or already had their children, who are now all grown up adults . . . or can't even have children anymore as they either passed menopause or had a hysterectomy or other procedure which ended their childbearing abilities and periods, et al) . . . so there is not that pressure in them anymore to "hurry, hurry, get married as soon as you can and have your children before it is too late and make sure you get a man who is monied and successful enough to be the best provider"). Now that they are beyond the child-bearing years, they can focus on the more essential qualities of a man besides his socioeconomic prowess and pedigree. And they can have more care-free sex without worrying about causing pregnancy if she cannot bear children anymore and both are otherwise pre-checked for all STDs and have reasonable trust that each remains monogamous to one another while they still choose to remain involved with one another.

And yes (as alluded to earlier by some others), such older women know that many men won't be as prone to taking them on now because of their age . . . so if they find a younger and appreciative man who still sees value in them and wants them for whatever myriad reason(s), they may well be receptive to it and appreciative of it.

Have I provided enough reasons to illuminate for you why older women can be desirable to at least some younger men (instead of him going for his same age range or even-younger-aged females)?

Old 04-24-2014, 03:05 AM

2 posts, read 32,989 times
The woman has "getting old gracefully" issues.

The guy?

Obviously doesn't want to plant any seeds, something wrong here.

Couple of misfits if you ask me.

Last edited by itsallinthegame; 04-24-2014 at 03:19 AM..

Old 04-24-2014, 04:00 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,065,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't have a dog in the fight, I personally don't care either way, but while 55 and 34 seems ok now, it's gonna suck later down the road, I think at the end of the day two people are better off in the long run being closer to the same age.

A lot of times the younger spouse is on the losing side of things as a lot of times 20 age differences start making things a lot less fun in terms of failing health etc etc etc.

The 55 yr old will be 75 in 20 yrs and the 34 your old will be 54.... there can be dramatic differences in quality of life between the two.
He may wander off at 50. Best avoid in the fist place as if attachments get strong when it fails someone is hurt.
I had a relationship with tall blond Scandinavian lady 20 years younger than me. People tell me I look 10-15 years younger than my age, it just the way I am made. So the initial attraction was understandable from her and it was her who was pushing not me. I dropped it as in the long term it can only fail. There was also a massive difference in maturity. Some guys were saying "why did you drop her she is gorgeous, you must be mad!". Sometimes common sense has to prevail. She was upset and occasionally stalked me. I would approach her not ignoring her and stay the evening with her if I could. A sort of phasing out.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:47 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Because we rock....wahahahahahaha!

No, really, I have no idea. It must be the experience. Or maybe they are at a certain maturity and the younger girls they know are not, I have no idea.

I used to work with a girl in her 40s and she was with a very young guy. Once you got past the age issue, they made a wonderful couple.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:41 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,526 times
I've always dated women around my own age. But what's ironic and kind of eye opening, is that I enter my 40's more women in their late 20's and 30's come on to me. When I was that age, I was not interested in older women and have no idea why any younger guy would be.

When I was young, I had older women hit on me all the time. Married women, a lot of them. I worked construction and can't count how many times I was "invited in" for a break. Only once did anything happen and that was because I was nearly attacked by the woman as I went back for some tools I had forgotten at the jobsite.

There are now websites everywhere devoted to these types of "relationships" where older women and men can make "arrangements" with younger people. It's the new "dating" trend and I find it repulsive.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:36 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,142,093 times
Wow ~ Date who you want; looks fade & people leave you for "whatever" kind of reason ~ doesn't have to be an "age" issue.

Being 52 and looking late 30's hasn't been all that easy to deal with but I've dated my share of younger men. Been married, had my children & it was all good. It wasn't really what I set out to do but just kind of happened. However, back with someone in my age group now.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:18 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Been easy for me. Every single older woman (30+) I got into bed first hang out, date, or night of meeting. Easy easy lays.
They no doubt think of you the same way, so I guess everyone is getting what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships