Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 02:35 AM

601 posts, read 759,003 times

Advertisements

The older i get i find it more impossible to not to find women with baggage. I mean almost everyone brings baggage. Torn hearts,bad experience etc etc

But i mean really hardcore issues Im really find myself not knowing how to deal with as a man. Issues like a girl who had an abortion, or divorced. it seems to leave this permenant scar in people. Very overwhelming. i can be understanding but i really dont want to be overwhelmed into the psychology of those issues. it seems harder and harder to find someone without deep scas like these
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 03:51 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,729,269 times
Look harder.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:36 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
You are looking in the wrong place

Old 05-15-2013, 04:47 AM

936 posts, read 2,061,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
The older i get i find it more impossible to not to find women with baggage. I mean almost everyone brings baggage. Torn hearts,bad experience etc etc

But i mean really hardcore issues Im really find myself not knowing how to deal with as a man. Issues like a girl who had an abortion, or divorced. it seems to leave this permenant scar in people. Very overwhelming. i can be understanding but i really dont want to be overwhelmed into the psychology of those issues. it seems harder and harder to find someone without deep scas like these
After a certain age, everyone has baggage--even you, apparently.

There's nothing wrong with scars. They're proof that people have lived through things. And behind scars are stories that tell you about who that person is inside. That doesn't make it your responsibility to take care of them for it; everyone should carry their own baggage in a relationship.

The real question is, why is it so hard for you to accept that other people have their own baggage? What is it about their baggage that you find so hard to deal with?

Old 05-15-2013, 04:50 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times
so, if you do find sweet polly purebred (underdog reference)

its a good chance she will have a difficult time dealing with any trials or tribulations...and most molehills will be mountains= very high maintenance

sounds cold, but the hardships we go thru does build character and put things in perspective- if we dont wilt and die-of course- look at this way, if you are a decent guy- she should appreciate you more

most people go thru alot of crap. thats how we learn- but the key is not to dwell or swim in the shyt-
look thru the windshield- not the rearview mirror

Old 05-15-2013, 04:56 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:

Why is this such an issue when all you want to do is "Nail" some random girl then post it on the internet asking random strangers what her scar could be about.

As amazing as it may sound you actually have way more baggage than any of them.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:00 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,167,111 times
So basically you are saying the further you get through life, the more experiences people have that formed them to who they are today?

You don't say!

We all have baggage. It's how we deal with it that matters. Some are better than others. We can't escape out pasts, I suggest you learn to accept that we run the risk of baggage just by walking out the front door every morning.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:20 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:

Well, how do you plan on dealing with a woman who has emotional baggage? First of all, ask yourself if she’s really worth it. If you’re in love with her, by all means put in the time and effort to get it all figured out. But if you keep asking yourself why you’re putting up with her, it might be time to say goodbye. It is really that simple.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:49 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,590 times
Quote:

Given the fact 1/4 of all pregnancies in the US are terminated and the fact 1/2 of all marriages end in divorce, I'd say you're setting the bar for what qualifies as "baggage" a little low. Plenty of people end pregnancies and marriages and happily go on with their lives.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:54 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
so, if you do find sweet polly purebred (underdog reference)

its a good chance she will have a difficult time dealing with any trials or tribulations...and most molehills will be mountains= very high maintenance

sounds cold, but the hardships we go thru does build character and put things in perspective- if we dont wilt and die-of course- look at this way, if you are a decent guy- she should appreciate you more

most people go thru alot of crap. thats how we learn- but the key is not to dwell or swim in the shyt-
look thru the windshield- not the rearview mirror
Yep. I once had a mild but persistent attraction to a married man (I met him before he got married and friends - not knowing about his girlfriend/fiancee - wanted to set us up). It was terribly devastating for me that I couldn't shake these feelings (he was MARRIED!), and I kept a lid on it. But my friends knew because they are freakishly emotionally intelligent. One day, my buddy - who was a slightly older man and friends with us both - turned to me in a conversation where this guy's name came up randomly and said to me "I love X to death - he's a great guy. But doesn't it seem to you that he's never had a bad day in his life? He's never really been tested."

BAM. Attraction over. It was the weirdest thing. But my friend was right - the guy I was so interested in never seemed to have ever faced any really challenges by his early 30s. He was hard-working, terribly moral, very good-looking, very athletic, kind and witty - and I"m sure he'd faced some challenges in his time. But you could tell he'd never really had his back up against the wall. He'd never REALLY struggled with something. By that point in my life, I had already been to hell and back with some of the stuff I'd experienced - totally torn apart and put back together. It made me stronger, and I've come to realize that I can't really relate to guys who haven't been "tested" in some way. Years later, now that I'm almost 37 - if you hit my age and there's no "baggage," I think you've been doing it wrong. It's how you manage the baggage that counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships