Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 10,142 times

Advertisements

I have a profile at a dating site. Since then, I have received lots of messages. many guys want to meet and date me. I wander if anyone tried online dating and have success. Please post your idea, if you have experience.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 10-29-2007 at 09:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 09:31 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,636 times
I would like to extend this thread to include the online dating sites that I've discovered... and hope everyone else will too!

matchdoctor.com -free, real people, limited in choices though it seems

match.com -NOT free haven't paid for it so can't give an opinion, haha

santamatch.com -free, but haven't looked into it yet

eharmony.com -free, but useless. apparently I am unmatchable

chemistry.com -NOT free, i got a reponse from a "man" all it said was "hey cutie I like your pic, let's talk" and I never went back, because.... (LOL) I hadn't even put up a pic yet... fakers.

Anyone else use anything that doesn't charge you to connect with people that you're willing to give your 2 cents on?

As far as the OP's question is concerned, there are many man success stories of online dating, man failures as well... someone on CD Land told me once, "Finding love is like the lottery. If you don't play it, you'll never win."

It definately threw a loop into my outlook on things!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:33 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,884 times
I met my BF on chemistry.com and I think it's a good site.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:44 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
As a woman, be very careful and don't take what your prospective dates tell you at face value. I think that new members of any site get an initial rush of the men trying to get the new girl first. Yes, the men will all want to go out with you, but to what ends? I don't think that it's ever a problem to get hookups, but much more difficult to find a meaningful relationship from these sites.

So remember that pictures can be fakes or enhanced. Many will tell you things that they think will get a positive reaction from you. Of course, on these dating sites, every one is putting a positive spin on who they really are.

I met my boyfriend on the internet, but it was through a message board and we starting out as only friends. It was a very relaxing process and there wasn't any romance or cybering in it. Six months later, we me in person. A month after that, we started dating.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:46 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,884 times
Everything in my ad and my bf's ad was accurate, including the photographs. I met a few men through match.com and I didn't see any obvious fakers, i.e. everyone looked like their photographs and there weren't any huge holes in any stories.

A friend of mine met her bf on e-Harmony, another friend met his wife on match.com. So...nothing but positive experiences in my circle.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:46 AM

786 posts, read 1,175,726 times
What? No love for plentyoffish.com?

Old 10-29-2007, 09:54 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
What? No love for City-Data.com?

Old 10-29-2007, 10:01 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,535,702 times
After briefly helping out (lived with me for five months while he was on medical leave) an online love con-artist and watching his little operation, I would never use online sources to meet anyone. He scared the heck out of me. That is on dating sites. Now if it was by other online communities (forums like these, gaming etc.)...I personally would be more comfortable.

Last edited by MainStreet; 10-29-2007 at 10:15 AM..

Old 10-29-2007, 10:06 AM

786 posts, read 1,175,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
Now if it was by other online communities (forums like these, gaming etc.)...I personally would be more comfortable.
That's right! You meet stable, well-adjusted people like me at a place like this!

Old 10-29-2007, 10:10 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuke View Post
That's right! You meet stable, well-adjusted people like me at a place like this!
okay... who let Shuke out of his paper bag?

Editing to include : anyone have any whoppers or nice endings to scoping out your local Craigslist.com?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships