Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 01:39 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,783,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Very nice.

What? Isn't that what love is all about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 01:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
What? Isn't that what love is all about?
Lol unlike the song no..

Foreigner-I Want To Know What Love Is - YouTube

Old 04-18-2013, 01:42 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,870,986 times
I'm free on Thursdays.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I'm free on Thursdays.
Hahaha.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:06 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,298,587 times
My nowhere-near-expert conclusion after reading this thread is that wanting a 'cuddle buddy' is a way of saying that you do want a relationship but you want to take it very slow because you are uncomfortable with physical and emotional intimacy at this point. Nothing wrong with that, but you will probably get what you want faster if you search for like minded individuals rather than a 'cuddle buddy'.

That being said, you should try to be really honest with yourself as to what you want. To some extent relationships are about satisfying mutual needs (sounds dirty when I put it like that) yet the power of suggestion is very strong. If you tell yourself that all you want is cuddling, you will start to believe that you don't want anything else but no amount of cuddling will leave you fulfilled.

Something similar but reversed happened to me in my early twenties. I had a painful breakup caused by going off to different continents to pursue careers and I sorta moped around for a few months. My friends told me I just needed to get laid a few times and I would be 'cured'. For a while, that worked, and I even convinced myself that was what I wanted but honestly that had nothing to do with what I was missing. Ultimately, it just took a few more months for me to get over my old relationship and start looking for new ones.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Ewww indeed. Too slobbery. Standard poodle is best bet. Doesn't slobber and doesn't shed either.

Yeah it looks like this lady had the same idea as you. Not a bad choice I must say however I still prefer a big cuddly Mastiff, although they tend to be a bit LARGE.

But they do smile a lot!

Of course I am only referring to being used for cuddles -bestiality - EWW.

The Tibetan Mastiff is one of the dogs I wish I had. I go crazy when they are in a tv dog show, and until I just looked them up I didn't know they came with ginger hair like me. He could certainly look as if he was part of them family. I have a Cocker Spaniel and a Pom Poo which are both great cuddlers just not very big. My husband is afraid of big dogs is why I couldn't get a Mastiff or a Great Pyrenees.

Personally I think the OP just needs a big lovable dog to cuddle. Another good one would be one of these Great Pyrenees, they're very sweet and lovable and HUGE. The only problem is he is French so he barks with a French accent which might be hard to understand at first.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:39 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
...The only problem is he is French so he barks with a French accent which might be hard to understand at first.
I know that feeling. My felines are all "island cats" and I understand their Caribbean accents with no problem. However, one of them is of Siamese descent and, although island-born, lapses into that Asian sing-songy routine frequently. She's also my main cuddle buddy - and snores.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:30 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I know that feeling. My felines are all "island cats" and I understand their Caribbean accents with no problem. However, one of them is of Siamese descent and, although island-born, lapses into that Asian sing-songy routine frequently. She's also my main cuddle buddy - and snores.
Some cats make great cuddlers too but yeah, though I love a Caribbean accent it does take some getting used to understand. he he A Jamaican purr can be music to the ears.

An American Cocker Spaniel has both an English and Spanish mix in it, but I prefer to call mine Senorita or call her my Little Latina. My Pom Poo is French/German so his bark is really messed up. har har

If I was the OP I'd certainly consider getting a pet, either a dog, cat or even a Guinea Pig if she lacks room or is not home very often. I don't care to crate a dog all day myself but I know others do. Pets give so much love and are so cuddly that it should curb her need for a male cuddle buddy most of the time if not always.

I would not recommend a rabbit though, even if she has a place for a hutch. They tend to poop when you hold them. I tried having a rabbit once, cute as can be, but oh they are messy and will chew almost anything, though luckily, rarely your hand or fingers.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:28 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,020,434 times
Nearly 20 pages .. And only 3 volunteers for cuddling?

Terrible success ratio.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:33 AM

249 posts, read 312,519 times
I'll be your cuddle buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships