Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 11:35 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Except all the ones that do. Just because you and your buddies do not - does not magically make all the people who do suddenly not exist.

Yes. "Real relationships". You do not have to be a "lover" to be in a "real relationship". The boundries and parametres of every relationship depend on the people in that relationship and no one else.
My my, so I post MY feelings on the matter, as I see things, and you feel qualified to snap your teeth at me? All I said is that to my partner and I cuddling is not a "buddy" thing. Got good reason to feel the way I/we do about it. For clarity, I suppose I should have added that other people can see things however they wish, and I'm not judging. But, whatever.

If I were to cuddle one of my female friends, regardless of the reason, my girl would feel betrayed. Because that is something we reserve for US. Its an intimate thing, that WE use to express deep commitment and love. If you don't see it like that, fine, cuddle the milkman, the cable guy, your doctor, a total stranger, I'm not going to go off like Moses about it. But don't deign to tell me how I feel about the act of cuddling in MY relationship doesn't fit your numbers game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 08:40 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
My my, so I post MY feelings on the matter, as I see things, and you feel qualified to snap your teeth at me? All I said is that to my partner and I cuddling is not a "buddy" thing. Got good reason to feel the way I/we do about it. For clarity, I suppose I should have added that other people can see things however they wish, and I'm not judging. But, whatever.

If I were to cuddle one of my female friends, regardless of the reason, my girl would feel betrayed. Because that is something we reserve for US. Its an intimate thing, that WE use to express deep commitment and love. If you don't see it like that, fine, cuddle the milkman, the cable guy, your doctor, a total stranger, I'm not going to go off like Moses about it. But don't deign to tell me how I feel about the act of cuddling in MY relationship doesn't fit your numbers game.
Ugh.....cuddling is only for your SO.

The milkman, cable guy,....lol....what about the UPS guy, he has a big package.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ugh.....cuddling is only for your SO.

The milkman, cable guy,....lol....what about the UPS guy, he has a big package.
Lol...pretty much. Cuddling is only for my girl. ONLY. How...unenlightened ..of us. Bwahahaha!!!

Old 06-21-2014, 08:56 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Lol...pretty much. Cuddling is only for my girl. ONLY. How...unenlightened ..of us. Bwahahaha!!!
I know right! Hehehehehe.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:37 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times
Quote:
My my, so I post MY feelings on the matter, as I see things, and you feel qualified to snap your teeth at me?
If that is what you want to imagine me doing to get through your day then so be it. The fact is you did not post YOUR feeling on it but you gave a comment about "buddys" in general.

If you had said "My buddies and I do not do this" I would not have replied to you. That is your opinion - your choice - your life.

However you made a generalised comment abuot "buddys" in general and I am merely pointing out that your comment is false. If you think someone telling you are wrong is "teeth snapping" then I can only suggest you have an overly sensitive disposition which you might want to address. I would certainly suggest that a discussion forum might not be the place for you - because it very much is a place where if you say something that is wrong - people will point it out.

Which I think is a great thing - it is why I am here - so others can point out my errors and educate me on them.

Quote:
But don't deign to tell me how I feel about the act of cuddling in MY relationship doesn't fit your numbers game.
You will be very happy therefore - if you go back and read my post again - to find I did no such thing. At all.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:50 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Having a girl just to cuddle. Is like going to a restaurant, getting your entree then leaving.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
If that is what you want to imagine me doing to get through your day then so be it. The fact is you did not post YOUR feeling on it but you gave a comment about "buddys" in general.

If you had said "My buddies and I do not do this" I would not have replied to you. That is your opinion - your choice - your life.

However you made a generalised comment abuot "buddys" in general and I am merely pointing out that your comment is false. If you think someone telling you are wrong is "teeth snapping" then I can only suggest you have an overly sensitive disposition which you might want to address. I would certainly suggest that a discussion forum might not be the place for you - because it very much is a place where if you say something that is wrong - people will point it out.

Which I think is a great thing - it is why I am here - so others can point out my errors and educate me on them.

You will be very happy therefore - if you go back and read my post again - to find I did no such thing. At all.
Mmmm...you might do well to read my post again. Everything in it, regardless of the context in which you aced IG, seemingly because of my grammatical form, is my personal opinion. Based on MY personal experience and feelings. If you wish to twist things about, so you can say that I am "wrong" ...as you said, if it gets you through your day. Fact is, there ain't no right or wrong in this. Its ALL based on personal feeling. So, I don't understand how you can say I'm wrong about anything. And, what is it I stand to learn from you saying I am in error? Wow...how lofty.

Bear in mind d, this is not a clinical or scientific topic. It is an emotional one. Which lands it square into the realm of personal feelings. Lastly, if you think I don't belong here, and have nothing to contribute to the discussion, don't read my postings. Pretty easy. Perhaps, instead of flying off about how my feelings are erroneous, you might have asked why it is I feel the way I do. I would have been happy to clarify. So, perhaps, before saying that I don't belong on a discussion board, you might take some Windex to the vanity mirror.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:01 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times
Quote:
Mmmm...you might do well to read my post again.
My comments remain unchanged following another reading of your post. Try again.

Quote:
seemingly because of my grammatical form, is my personal opinion.
Well if you failed to phrase what you were trying to say correctly then I am hardly to blame for how I responded to it. Nor will a re-read of those errors change anything I said.

As I said I did not comment on the personal parts of your post. Your opinion is your opinion and I could not be less interested in it. But when you make general comments about "buddys" in general that were wrong I simply corrected you on it.

Quote:
Fact is, there ain't no right or wrong in this. Its ALL based on personal feeling.
Not so. If someone says "Buddys don't cuddle or snuggle together." then they are simply wrong. End of. The statement simply is not true. Because many "Buddys" actually do this. A lot.

Of course there is much subjectivity in the subject. You are entirely right there. But some comments on the subject simply are right or wrong.

Quote:
Perhaps, instead of flying off about how my feelings are erroneous
But I did no such thing so you are just making up things now. I simply pointed out that one of your factual statements was erroneous. Easy.

Quote:
you might take some Windex to the vanity mirror.
Or not given you are admonishing me for doing something I never actually did. Perhaps keep the Windex for yourself therefore. And stop sniffing it.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:20 PM

4 posts, read 2,818 times
I think that would be nice ,were it possible . Can't imagine a man in my neck of the woods wanting just to cuddle .I wish you luck though and if you find one let me know how you find him . Thanks

Old 01-24-2015, 01:34 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,305 times
What's in it for him? Other than an ample helping of blue balls and indignity, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships