Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 11:42 PM

664 posts, read 773,760 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a bunch of pie in the sky feel good crap to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 05:23 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,650 times
It ages like wine.

I've been with my boyfriend about two years, I'd say about 1.5 of that has been in "love". I look back and I feel as if I love him more now than I have in the past, so it's definitely evolved over time for me. It's feeling completely devoted, like leaving isn't an option (don't worry, not brainwashed, but the option is working things out unless something extraordinary happens), and that you would give them anything to make them happy because you believe they would do the same. It's giving up certain things you normally would within reason, but being okay with it because again, you know they'd do the same. It's a feeling of safety.

Sounds all very calculated, but I'm enjoying it. I'm getting used to the phase of love that isn't "puppy love" but I like it for very different reasons. It's better.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:30 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times
Like a warm baguette...

Old 04-24-2013, 05:56 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Like a warm baguette...
Like fresh, soft chewy cookies.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 AM

241 posts, read 713,246 times
about a 7/10

Old 04-24-2013, 06:05 AM

38 posts, read 43,321 times
When you feel you can't live without that person, You love to talk to him. You wanna spend all your time with him. You care about him, you miss him well all these signs are of love

Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 AM

8 posts, read 8,966 times
I love some of these answers and agree with most. Yes its different person to person and relationship to relationship.

Family love has many types. It can be expected, unconditional but not always. It's a lot of work because you can never get ride of them. I'm the up side, they'll always be there. With children, its about providing protection and imparting wisdom, hoping for the best, walking a thin line of providing protection and freedom. They're should always be acceptance. Ideally, sadly no all families have a smidge of these aspects.

Romantic love...ooft. many many kinds always a different experience. I have known two. There's a kind filled with intensity, admiration, and wonder. Then there's a kind of warmth and safety and equal admiration and acceptence and trust (similar to family love). It's something that's always with you even when you're apart.
....I could go on forever. It's beautiful. But no matter what kind of love you find yourself in, its a wonderful learning experience.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
It ages like wine.

I've been with my boyfriend about two years, I'd say about 1.5 of that has been in "love". I look back and I feel as if I love him more now than I have in the past, so it's definitely evolved over time for me. It's feeling completely devoted, like leaving isn't an option (don't worry, not brainwashed, but the option is working things out unless something extraordinary happens), and that you would give them anything to make them happy because you believe they would do the same. It's giving up certain things you normally would within reason, but being okay with it because again, you know they'd do the same. It's a feeling of safety.

Sounds all very calculated, but I'm enjoying it. I'm getting used to the phase of love that isn't "puppy love" but I like it for very different reasons. It's better.

I agree with everything except the "because you believe they would do the same." That's never entered into my generosity with the one I love. I give because I want her to be happy. That in itself makes me happy.

I remember my late wife and I talking about it once. We thought if everyone in the world could feel the way we did, it would end all wars, all violence, all crime. Our love transcended what we felt for each other and spilled into how we felt about mankind. Admittedly, that was a pretty special love. I've loved others but not as completely and purely.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
someone describe what its like
Being on ecstacy. Especially after the high wears off... then you feel like crap, because it's not reciprocated.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:00 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Well there's different stages of love. In the beginning it's all butterflies and roses and everything is perfect. That's the elation of chemistry hitting that G spot in your brain. The reality stage kicks in when the chemistry level decreases. That's when the flaws peek through but you realize that you can't live without that person any way. Fast forward to a mature love that is battle scared and has seen both good times and bad and you realize that that person is the only one you want by your side. I see some of my elderly patients that are still very much in love with their spouses. One is on a ventilator and the other holding their hand asleep in a chair. That's bitter sweet at it's finest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships