Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 10:25 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times

Advertisements

Really? If it weren't for women you guys wouldn't go to school or have jobs and would all just be homeless and ignorant?

I mean, I do those things for myself. I never even thought about how they would affect my dating prospects. No because they DON'T, but because I want to have a healthy and happy life with or without a sweetie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 10:53 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
id say like half of 1% kansas city women are sooo difficult especially since m 19 all the girls my age have SERIOUS anger issues or have kids. Its rare to find a girl whose young and just out and about doing whatever. Everybody wants this story tale, twilight romance and stay together forever especially when your young and very impatient (LIKE MYSELF). ANd they label stuff all the time like a while ago i asked this girl if she wanted to hang out ( movies, park, food, whatever) and she started labeling stuff like " oh sorry i already have a boyfriend" like wtf?!?! why can't a guy and a girl go out on a regular night genuinely enjoying each others company WITHOUT the pressures of a date?!!
all the girls at 19 HAVE KIDS???
where do you live?? THE MIDDLE AGES??

Old 04-30-2013, 11:02 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Oh, good catch, Sophie!

I read that post, and I thought about all the guys I see on forums, bitching about how they have taken a girl on 20 of those non-date, I-just-want-to-be-her-friend things and she's never even held his hand so therefore she is using him. SHE has put HIM in the evuhl Friend Zone(tm)!

But then I didn't post that, because I thought, well, I do not know that this particular guy does that.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:31 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
I think men are attracted to much more women then people think. I truly think men are far less picky than women when it comes to looks and overall attraction to the opposite sex. Basicly all a women has to do to attract most men is be presentable and have an ok personality. A man on the other hand has to do that plus a lot more. He has to prove he is fun an exciting, has a car, a decent job, has lots of ambition, has some sort of special talent and he has to seduce her on top of all that. The average guy cannot afford to be ultra picky because of the dating gauntlet he has to go through to get a woman.

Excellent post. Herein lies my problem. I have the job, the honesty, I can keep my place clean fine, troubleshoot and fix things, do yard work, and enjoy children and animals, however I am not exciting, don't really have some 'special talent' and don't really come across as standing out from the crowd, plus I'm a bit shy if I'm really emotionally attracted to someone. Seems like excitement and confidence come first, followed by sense of humor a close second.

It really is a numbers game too. In order for guys to get women, they have to be willing to cold approach them and 'make their moves' ... in our society a relatively small percentage of men, say 20% or so, end up sleeping with 80% of the available pool of women just due to human nature. Women tend to chase after the same kinds of guys.. they would rather have excitement than stability especially in their 20's as well. Partying, clubbing, big cities...

Old 05-01-2013, 07:47 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,296,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post

It really is a numbers game too. In order for guys to get women, they have to be willing to cold approach them and 'make their moves' ... in our society a relatively small percentage of men, say 20% or so, end up sleeping with 80% of the available pool of women just due to human nature. Women tend to chase after the same kinds of guys.. they would rather have excitement than stability especially in their 20's as well. Partying, clubbing, big cities...
This does not reflect my experience at all. A normal, well adjusted, social guy will meet plenty of women on a regular basis without having to do any "cold approach" bar pickups or anything like that. The only guys I know who play the numbers game you are talking about live on military bases or oil rigs. I don't think this forum is an accurate cross section of the population. Finding the right person can be a challenge, but if finding a date at all is an issue, it is probably time to start analyzing your lifestyle.

As far as % of the population I am attracted to, I would say it may start at 10% based on looks, gender, and "hello" but then it starts dropping precipitously once conversation begins. I guess I am an optimist that considers almost everyone "interesting" until they prove otherwise. When I was unattached, I would generally agree to a date with almost anyone who asked me and if I suspected someone wanted me to ask them out then I would. I could usually tell within ten minutes if there was going to be any significant attraction, but I never felt any sense of loss if a date ended with me not wanting to see the person again or vice versa. I generally only wanted a second date maybe 1 in 5 times, so my %attraction rate would be a lot lower for population that I would still want to pursue after date 1.

Curiously enough, I think my %attraction is higher for women who are unapproachable for some reason or another (but not "forbidden" like married women or students), whether they are colleagues, former students (I teach college, not a perv), or professionals (okay I have a thing for my dentist).

Old 05-01-2013, 09:53 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
all the girls at 19 HAVE KIDS???
where do you live?? THE MIDDLE AGES??
One or the other, not anger issues + kids.

And you'd be surprised. Where I live, many many teens have kids and it's really disheartening.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
'sexually attracted' implies you would have sex with them. So that means 0%, just because you can look at someone and find them attractive, even very attractive that is where I draw the line -- and couldn't have sex with any of them even if opportunity presented itself.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:08 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Sexual attraction for me is more pheromone based. As far as that figure goes, I can't tell. Probably a very small number.

Someone who is intellectually seductive, shares a similar sense of humor, and is somewhat of a wierdo cool nerd type of guy is so hard to come across. I like guys like that and boy are they s-e-x-y!!

Far and few or maybe I just don't care to really look.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:12 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Easy question to answer: Zero......with a capital Z

Old 05-01-2013, 10:43 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Well, once you hear enough women tell you go to hang yourself, you tend to stop feeling attracted to women in your immediate area.
Quote:
Never know. You might find someone if you start approaching women. Maybe you'll come to realize that they won't tell you to go kill yourself like they did to me, who knows? All you can do is try, you owe yourself that much at least.
Quote:
I'm keeping it PG-13, it was pretty graphic, actually, and I've had many more than just 1 woman tell me this. I just stopped approaching completely, as I didn't want to hear these rejections anymore, and I've became unattracted to the women I see in the area I live in now.
That's pathetic, but for some reason, I'm not surprised. I mean, we are talking about women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
i find people good looking but not "sexually" attractive.
sexuality need a little more involvement then good looks for me
Good post, I agree with this. I'd say around %5 or less, here in Houston. In Toronto, it'd probably be at its highest, like %7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships