Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:10 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times

Advertisements

Normally I have long dark hair but was asked to participate in a makeover for a local salon and my hair was dyed blonde and drastically changed. Long story short I have been getting a lot more attention than ever before. Taco Man though says I look pretty like this but he said he thinks I am pretty no matter my hair color.

Ever change your hair color and get different attention? I am thinking of posting a photo of my new blonde hairdo on a dating site and see what responses I get. I probably won't though because I love Taco Man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
No. My men (ex boyfriends, current dates) don't like anything fake.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 PM

This isn't a fake looking blonde (I was worried about that)but a more natural blonde. It is so weird the new attention I am getting from men. I didn't do it for that at all (I got a free makeover in return for some modeling work for the business).

Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
This isn't a fake looking blonde (I was worried about that)but a more natural blonde. It is so weird the new attention I am getting from men. I didn't do it for that at all (I got a free makeover in return for some modeling work for the business).
I see. I am glad that you are happy with the result of the make over. It seems like you feel more confident about your appearance. That is good.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:29 PM

I am far more confident that is true. Perhaps that is making the difference but it is so different.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:39 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,783,194 times
Quote:
I am far more confident that is true. Perhaps that is making the difference but it is so different.

Sounds like your life is on an upswing!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
Sounds like your life is on an upswing!

iddy You are a very unique, interesting, courageous, honest lady. I am sure you are beautiful too.
I wish you all the very best with Mr. Taco man. I think you do deserve happiness after so many years waiting for the one.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:53 PM

Both of you Lily and VX completely rock and thanks. I do think things are on an upswing and I really think he is the one. When he said hair color didn't matter to him I was happy.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:59 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Normally I have long dark hair but was asked to participate in a makeover for a local salon and my hair was dyed blonde and drastically changed. Long story short I have been getting a lot more attention than ever before. Taco Man though says I look pretty like this but he said he thinks I am pretty no matter my hair color.

Ever change your hair color and get different attention? I am thinking of posting a photo of my new blonde hairdo on a dating site and see what responses I get. I probably won't though because I love Taco Man.
I've heard a number of women say that when they temporarily went blonde, life changed radically. Before blonde, they were pretty invisible to men, but suddenly with blonde hair, they got a lot of attention. All of them went back to their natural color, though, because they prefer to be natural.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:17 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,431 times
I'll be the first to say blondes don't have more fun....at least in my experience. Being a red head growing up was hard, tough and well, humiliating at times - I even had a boy throw a rock at me on the way home from school one day. Of course it could have been my skinny legs and knobby knees he was laughing at...he he.

Anyway, all that is past me now especially since all those little boys are old men now and aren't terrified of little girls with red pigtails anymore. But because of that I dyed my hair a lot when I was younger. I tried blonde first and yeah I got hit on but what really snagged the men's attention was when I dyed my hair dark brown. Men would swerve to look at me while they were driving past me in my car. If I was walking I could have probably stopped traffic on a busy street with that hair color. I'm not trying to brag because it's all in the hair color since they weren't doing that before with blonde or red hair, so it was just the hair color. I was amazed. Weird thing is my husband doesn't like me with dark hair, only red or with some blonde in it.

My friend doesn't want to dye her hair, she has red hair too, but since her husband likes blondes she wants to buy a blonde wig and then meet him at a bar.

So yes hair color could be fun to play around with, but if a woman was serious about finding someone on a dating site than she'd need to show her "normal" color.

But I don't see why you can't have a little fun with a blonde picture up on your dating profile just to see the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships