Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 11:23 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedAnswer123 View Post
I am Intensely curious to question her further but she said she's tired of talking about it
And another RED FLAG. When people are lying and fear they are about to be caught in it, they want to end the discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 11:24 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
People here are WAAY too harsh!

This isnt even a problem. So the wife did cocaine two times in 10 years, BIG DEAL! It almost seems you have no problems so you are blowing this way out of proportion to create one!
The whole point is whether or not it was really just two times in 10 years.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:29 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,532,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
You need to consider what your wife of 15 years is saying here. She sounds very articulate and forthcoming. If there is any truth here in what she says about your behavior, you are going to wreck your marriage. And for what? Some college experimentation 20 years ago? A couple of dips over the course of 10 years?

Really?

I don't know about cocaine, but the more this thread unfolds, the more I'm inclined to say that being married to you would drive me to drink!
LOL

rep

Old 05-03-2013, 03:42 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
I think the question here is if she reported all of her past use, which is giving the OP some doubts. To alleviate these doubts, I think the OP should relay his loss of trust to his wife and ask her to agree to a drug test that will indicate past use. He will then know whether she can gain back his trust. A refusal by her will be as telling.

I explained earlier in the thread, with all kinds of links, why a drug test is a useless idea. Unless she has done it in the past 90 days, not even a hair test will reveal it. Likewise, there is a lot of room for error in those DIY tests, and a decent chance of a false positive depending on any prescription drugs she might be taking.

If the OP doesn't believe his wife, they need more help than anyone here can offer them. In fact, I think some of the posts here are actually adding to his problems, not helping him, because they are piling on all of these worst-case scenarios, and it's pretty obvious to me that the people who are freaking out right along with him a) have never even been around drugs, or b) don't know what they're talking about regarding drug tests.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
And another RED FLAG. When people are lying and fear they are about to be caught in it, they want to end the discussion.
Or maybe she's tired of dealing with his hysteria. The whole reason she never told him is because she knew he'd react the way he is: Way over the top and histrionic.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:57 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,847 times
You really believe that she only took it twice without snorting it and she just out of the blue told you? I don't think she is an addict, but there is a good chance she is leaving behind a few details. No chance it happened like the way she said it did. A responsible adult shouldn't take cocaine when they are stressed and they have kids.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
You really believe that she only took it twice without snorting it and she just out of the blue told you? I don't think she is an addict, but there is a good chance she is leaving behind a few details. No chance it happened like the way she said it did. A responsible adult shouldn't take cocaine when they are stressed and they have kids.

Read his OP again. She didn't just "out of the blue" tell him. Her sister threatened to reveal "skeletons" when faced with an intervention.

Honestly? Given his reaction--which apparently she was right in fearing--I'd have kept my mouth shut and if and when my coke-freak sister started yammering, write it off as lies produced by a drug-addled mind. Something as minor as a numby is not worth the drama it's causing.

At any rate, his reaction thus far is pretty much going to guarantee that she's not going to come forth with anything like having done a line now and then. The news would probably put him in a strait-jacket.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:21 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Quote:
Or maybe she's tired of dealing with his hysteria. The whole reason she never told him is because she knew he'd react the way he is: Way over the top and histrionic.
Yeah seriously , this guy seems kind of neurotic .. Who freaks out like this? Lol

Maybe there's something at home driving her to do drugs???

Old 05-03-2013, 04:23 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,847 times
Quote:
Read his OP again. She didn't just "out of the blue" tell him. Her sister threatened to reveal "skeletons" when faced with an intervention.
It is out of the blue since she never told him any of this 15 years ago. I'm guessing she told him this to minimize the damage her sister could cause by the revelation. She might downplay what she did so that her sister doesn't reveal that she used to lines in a club bathrooms.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
It is out of the blue since she never told him any of this 15 years ago. I'm guessing she told him this to minimize the damage her sister could cause by the revelation. She might downplay what she did so that her sister doesn't reveal that she used to lines in a club bathrooms.
And this is the kind of crap conjecture the OP doesn't need. ^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships