Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 02:23 PM

4 posts, read 5,563 times

Advertisements

So I'm 27 and so is my boyfriend of about 6 months. We both work an are paid relatively well. In the beginning of the relationship, he would always pay for our dates. He treated me really well, always cooked us dinner if we stayed in, always drives, he was such a gentlemen.

Well now that we are a little closer, he has said that he would appreciate it if I could pick up the tab occasionally or maybe cook us dinner instead of him every now and then. I was taken aback. He knows I can't cook and I like to treated like a lady. What should I tell him? I'm traditonal in that sense.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:25 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,374 times
Yep. You are the problem with women in my age group today. No domestic skills, offer nothing but sex in a relationship, and still expect to be taken care of like we are your daddy. Unreal.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:26 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirl5759 View Post
So I'm 27 and so is my boyfriend of about 6 months. We both work an are paid relatively well. In the beginning of the relationship, he would always pay for our dates. He treated me really well, always cooked us dinner if we stayed in, always drives, he was such a gentlemen.

Well now that we are a little closer, he has said that he would appreciate it if I could pick up the tab occasionally or maybe cook us dinner instead of him every now and then. I was taken aback. He knows I can't cook and I like to treated like a lady. What should I tell him? I'm traditonal in that sense.
Tell him you won't cook or pay. Hopefully after that he decides he wants a more equal partner and drops you.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:27 PM

2,145 posts, read 3,058,991 times
If you're traditional, shouldn't you learn how to cook for your man? Or at least have him teach you a few dishes?

It's not entirely unreasonable for him to expect you to shoulder some of the expense of dating. What exactly are you contributing to this relationship if he's being a gentleman, paying for everything, and even paying for your stay-in dates?

(BTW, I'm always suspicious of these first time posters proposing provocative scenarios.)

Old 05-02-2013, 02:28 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
You're not all that traditional if you're working and have few domestic skills. Ante up for the date part of the time or risk losing his respect and interest. You can afford it. A relationship is a partnership, and you're not acting like an invested partner.

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
You should tell him to dump you because you have entitlement issues?

It's completely ironic that you are "traditional" and want to be treated like a lady, when you have none of the "traditional" skills. Pretty one sided isn't it?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
I thought traditional means that the woman cooks for the man. Am I totally off?

Don't you feel bad that he always has to pay and cook for you? Why do you think you don't have to contribute anything? You sound pretty selfish to me, not traditional. Just selfish.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:29 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:

He has been treating you like a "lady".

Old 05-02-2013, 02:30 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,428 times
Quote:
What should I tell him?
Tell him "no".
And then tell him "goodbye"

Old 05-02-2013, 02:30 PM

4 posts, read 5,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
If you're traditional, shouldn't you learn how to cook for your man? Or at least have him teach you a few dishes?

It's not entirely unreasonable for him to expect you to shoulder some of the expense of dating. What exactly are you contributing to this relationship if he's being a gentleman, paying for everything, and even paying for your stay-in dates?

(BTW, I'm always suspicious of these first time posters proposing provocative scenarios.)
Well I'm giving him me. I'm very attractive and can have just about any man I choose. We have sex all the time and I please him. Isn't that enough for a girl to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships