Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 04:39 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
I have skills that I am proud to say I am better at women at, there should be skills that women should be proud of, but lately you see the trend of women trying to excel at male skills, which I find sad.

What are male skills?
What are female skills?

Old 05-02-2013, 04:41 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirl5759 View Post
Well I'm giving him me. I'm very attractive and can have just about any man I choose. We have sex all the time and I please him. Isn't that enough for a girl to do?
LOL...

Nobody can be this silly....

This whole thread is BS.....

Old 05-02-2013, 04:42 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL...

Nobody can be this silly....

This whole thread is BS.....

totally, but its definitely funny

Old 05-02-2013, 04:43 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,601 times
Quote:
So I'm 27 and so is my boyfriend of about 6 months. We both work an are paid relatively well. In the beginning of the relationship, he would always pay for our dates. He treated me really well, always cooked us dinner if we stayed in, always drives, he was such a gentlemen.

Well now that we are a little closer, he has said that he would appreciate it if I could pick up the tab occasionally or maybe cook us dinner instead of him every now and then. I was taken aback. He knows I can't cook and I like to treated like a lady. What should I tell him? I'm traditonal in that sense.
Ok guys this is it. Today's modern woman. It is all about the Benjamins in ones pocket. The second you ask for a little reciprocation YOU are the bad guy. Note according to the OP her "Insensitive" boyfriend only asked for to cook every now and then not all the time. He is aware of her limited culinary skills and all he's looking for is just a little effort on her part. But the entitled princess feels simply asking her to cook means he will no longer treat her like a lady. WOW!!!

Old 05-02-2013, 04:47 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Quote:
So I'm 27 and so is my boyfriend of about 6 months. We both work an are paid relatively well. In the beginning of the relationship, he would always pay for our dates. He treated me really well, always cooked us dinner if we stayed in, always drives, he was such a gentlemen.

Well now that we are a little closer, he has said that he would appreciate it if I could pick up the tab occasionally or maybe cook us dinner instead of him every now and then. I was taken aback. He knows I can't cook and I like to treated like a lady. What should I tell him? I'm traditonal in that sense.
I am 59' almost 60 and I come from a generation where men usually pay for dates etc., but I don't feel that a man should have to pay for everything all the time. I have never dated a man that can cook much at all, but if I did that would be wonderful. I am a good cook and would probably do most of the cooking when we didn't go out. I still think that things need to be fair. OP, if you cannot cook at all what are your "plans" for when you get married? Do you expect the man to cook all the time or you go out to eatt every night? That probably won't work with any man. You should start to learn to cook. You have been dating awhile now and you should share more of the cost in things, or at least make up for it with some good homecooked meals.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:54 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,744,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post

What are male skills?
What are female skills?
I'm glad someone asked. I've been scratching my head, trying to figure out what could possibly qualify.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:56 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Im special treat me like im special!!!

NEWS FLASH:
you're not as special as your feel. there are thousands of other pretty girls out there that could take your place "like that" what what will define your relationship and make you a "special" person your SO eyes is a partnership and experiences you share TOGETHER.

your looks will fade, your sex wont be able to fix all.
create a bond, not a battle for who is the most entitled to "whatever"

Old 05-02-2013, 04:59 PM

332 posts, read 435,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
Ok guys this is it. Today's modern woman. It is all about the Benjamins in ones pocket. The second you ask for a little reciprocation YOU are the bad guy. Note according to the OP her "Insensitive" boyfriend only asked for to cook every now and then not all the time. He is aware of her limited culinary skills and all he's looking for is just a little effort on her part. But the entitled princess feels simply asking her to cook means he will no longer treat her like a lady. WOW!!!
Yep. It seems that a lot of women don't actually care about men. They only care about what men can do for them.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:01 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
lol! These type threads make me recall the song "Creep" by Radiohead.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:02 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post

ok, here's your helmet and job at mcdonalds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships