Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 02:51 PM

7 posts, read 19,413 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if this is the way a wife should act in the marriage. This is really my first marriage and I'm 25 years old and she's 24.

We've been together for 2 years, engaged for a couple months and married for a year now. The problem is for the past 5 months every time we argue, she gets into these ridiculous tantrums and suddenly it's all my fault all the time. Most of the time I don't even start arguing; she does.

In her tantrums, she stomps on things, calls me the most horrible names and even throws objects. I've having a hard time dealing with her sudden mood swings and so I keep leaving but this is stressing me out. What happened to the woman I once dated, proposed to and married? There weren't these weird tantrums.

It gets to the point I have watch what I'm going say or do because then all this hell starts again and once she gets to that point, it takes her several days later to talk to me.

I just want to make her happy and it seems like I can't do anything right. Last time, I left angrily and this almost caused me to crashed my car. She kept screaming in my face and honestly, she scared me. It seemed like at any time she would have probably hit me or something.

And lately, she's having issues with some of my family members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 02:53 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,577,082 times
BPD. She has it. Its only going to get worse from here. She is bat**** crazy unfortunately.

Thats why you don't rush to get married. You don't know marry anyone before 1 year. You can barely know anyone in like 8 months.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:54 PM

I'm I doing something wrong in my marriage? I don't know what she wants anymore. Was she always this way?? I wouldn't have married her if I knew this.

Or is something causing this in her? Where is that sweet girl I once met?

Old 05-16-2013, 02:54 PM

114 posts, read 214,588 times
I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough time.

Have you two been to counseling together?

Old 05-16-2013, 02:55 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
How did you handle conflicts when you were dating? Is there something going on in her life with her job or her health or her family that would trigger her to lash out?

Old 05-16-2013, 02:56 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,964,607 times
OP, she may have kept a pre-existing condition from you (via medication) and has now stopped doing that. Or, she could be freaking out about marriage and is projecting. Either way, you should consider confronting her about her behavior, include something constructive (e.g., counseling) to do about it, and decide whether you need to leave a toxic situation before it gets worse.

In my experience, it won't get better over time. It will likely get much worse.

--Dim

Old 05-16-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg323 View Post
Have you two been to counseling together?
I've told her that she needs help but she keeps denying there is anything wrong with her. I get all the blame in the end.

I've never been this stressed before. There are times I've felt like raising my voice in return but I leave instead. Sometimes it's difficult as she follows me and won't stop,.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:01 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoStressedOut View Post
I'm not sure if this is the way a wife should act in the marriage. This is really my first marriage and I'm 25 years old and she's 24.

We've been together for 2 years, engaged for a couple months and married for a year now. The problem is for the past 5 months every time we argue, she gets into these ridiculous tantrums and suddenly it's all my fault all the time. Most of the time I don't even start arguing; she does.
This board has a lot of participants whose focus is on dating, getting dates and the like. There is a forum that will help you a lot more, I suspect. It is Talk About Marriage - The Marriage Advice & Relationship Help Forums. The moderators have pets. So if your tone is not harvey milktoast, happy sweetness and light, they will misunderstand and ban. But if you play your problem straight on the men's clubhouse, you will get good advice. Good luck.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:01 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,414,824 times
Whatever you do dont get her pregnant! Make sure you know where you are going first before you do the next thing, babies make things worse when the situation is like this.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 05-16-2013, 03:02 PM

114 posts, read 214,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Whatever you do dont get her pregnant! Make sure you know where you are going first before you do the next thing, babies make things worse when the situation is like this.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Where were you when I was with my ex!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships