Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 01:55 PM

7 posts, read 19,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Even if she suddenly comes up with a pregnancy, don't let that stop you from leaving her! Leave, then if you want, get a lawyer to file for full custody of the child, if you think the child wouldn't be safe in her hands. But whatever you do, leave!
I was looking forward towards having our first child but not the way how she's been treating me.

What is more upsetting is she hardly ever apologizes and once she's ok again, she acts as if nothing happened, gets back to her happy mood and we're on speaking terms again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 01:56 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,479,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoStressedOut View Post
She wasn't like this back then. Sure, maybe we had few arguments just like all couples do but no where close to this.

Signs? I can't think of any and usually my parents aren't wrong when judging my friends or gfs. I guess they didn't see it either. Well she used to have this habit of pinching my arm at times but would say she's just joking even when it was hurting a bit and I didn't really like it.

She argues easily. If I mention about visiting my parents, most of the times she's already upset and accuses me of not loving her enough. If I surprise her with a present and it happens not to be what she likes or is cheaper she'll call me out on that. If I argue back, she goes crazy like that.

One of the most ridiculous argument was over a music I was listening to. She accused me of listening to it because of how I was reminded of an ex. I told her no, that I just like it and she went off.

Another thing she argues is how she wishes to go out a lot and all I ever care about is work and the house. I still take her out many times and she still complains.

these are all signs of someone who isnt happy with their life and feel as though they are missing out on things BECAUSE they are married...

even if she isn't she feels this way, the question is why

have you brought this up to her at all?

Old 05-17-2013, 01:57 PM

7 posts, read 19,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
OP, has anything been done to rule out and/or treat mental health problems? Is addressing such things a possibility, or are you out?
I never even knew she has mental problems and there is no evidence of her taking pills.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:00 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,353,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoStressedOut View Post
She argues easily. If I mention about visiting my parents, most of the times she's already upset and accuses me of not loving her enough. If I surprise her with a present and it happens not to be what she likes or is cheaper she'll call me out on that. If I argue back, she goes crazy like that.

One of the most ridiculous argument was over a music I was listening to. She accused me of listening to it because of how I was reminded of an ex. I told her no, that I just like it and she went off.

Another thing she argues is how she wishes to go out a lot and all I ever care about is work and the house. I still take her out many times and she still complains.
These are all signs that she is losing attraction for you and sees you as weak. There is only one solution and it is a complete attitude revamp on your part.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:01 PM

Let me guess, the sex has been waning a bit?

Old 05-17-2013, 02:04 PM

If you take anything from this, please go to the link below and at least read the 16 commandments. They will help you immensely. I know I sound harsh. I know with where you are now in this marriage you've been acting one way for years and this sounds like it will have the opposite affect on your relationship. You're wrong. If you do this, direct message me in a year and thank me. This will change your life.

heartiste.wordpress.com

Old 05-17-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
You're making a fundamental mistake. Trying to keep her happy so she will not scream and yell at you. She's found a way to control you and will continue to do it so that she can always control you. If it were, me, I'd probably move out. This thread makes the point I've made in other forums. Most people try to convince you that they are good and loving. They reality is that they are not and are putting up a false front because so many people would reject them if they know the truth. So they keep up the false front. Then someone marries her or him and eventually finds out the real person. That's what you have.
Yes. All trying to please her is doing is giving her complete power and control over you (which she fundementally will not be attracted to you if she has, thus not happy in the relationship) and making the situation worse.

I wouldn't move out. I'd revamp my attitude and reactions to her behavior. You take back the power and become the dominant male she wants you to be and watch how quickly things turn for the better.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:17 PM

4,002 posts, read 5,031,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
These are all signs that she is losing attraction for you and sees you as weak. There is only one solution and it is a complete attitude revamp on your part.
I disagree. She may feel those things but some of you (and this is how I read your post) are blaming the OP for her abusive behavior. NOT COOL. Weak? Really?

She's resorting to a child's behavior of stomping their feet and throwing things. She's not getting her way? Does "her way" change every minute and keep him guessing? It's manipulative and sick. Whether or not she is bipolar, or whatever the case, it doesn't matter. She needs help. If she continutes to flip the switch on him and NEVER discuss her inadequacies, I'm thinking he can get his marriage annulled. No, that would NOT be ideal in any way, but my goodness...she is ABUSIVE. Her behavior is wrong. No one should have to live on egg shells...

And I agree with the other poster...if the roles were reversed, most everyone would say to kick HIM out, or divorce HIM, or some other extreme. Here, we are trying to put a label on her nonsense. She's being a baby...how's that for labels? And it's abusive...there's another label...

OP, I think if you value your parents advice and trust them, talk to them about possible resolutions. You're very young and deserve much happiness. Don't let this little brat change who you are.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I disagree. She may feel those things but some of you (and this is how I read your post) are blaming the OP for her abusive behavior. NOT COOL. Weak? Really?

She's resorting to a child's behavior of stomping their feet and throwing things. She's not getting her way? Does "her way" change every minute and keep him guessing? It's manipulative and sick. Whether or not she is bipolar, or whatever the case, it doesn't matter. She needs help. If she continutes to flip the switch on him and NEVER discuss her inadequacies, I'm thinking he can get his marriage annulled. No, that would NOT be ideal in any way, but my goodness...she is ABUSIVE. Her behavior is wrong. No one should have to live on egg shells...

And I agree with the other poster...if the roles were reversed, most everyone would say to kick HIM out, or divorce HIM, or some other extreme. Here, we are trying to put a label on her nonsense. She's being a baby...how's that for labels? And it's abusive...there's another label...

OP, I think if you value your parents advice and trust them, talk to them about possible resolutions. You're very young and deserve much happiness. Don't let this little brat change who you are.
I'm not blaming the OP. I agree that this woman is a manipulative little brat. But if he truly loves her, this is the type that needs an extremely strong male that doesn't put up with childish behavior. If he is not that type of guy, he is in for a life of hell.

Now, you do NOT have to change who you are to project dominance and not put up with little b***hy brats. It can be learned with a little bit of self improvment reading and some field practice.

Honestly, it is comical how easily a social dynamic can change once you remove someones power or change the way you act.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:22 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,178,884 times
OP, please don't listen to Caddy's "be a dominant male" nonsense. Your wife sounds like she has some mental health issues, not some dominant/weak control issues. This isn't about being The Man. It's about not tolerating abuse and getting the help your wife needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships