Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 03:04 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,653,172 times

Advertisements

She may have PTSD or any number of issues. You need to sit her down and make her realize that this behavior will not be tolerated. She gets help or you leave. This is not something she can handle on her own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 03:05 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,587,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Whatever you do dont get her pregnant! Make sure you know where you are going first before you do the next thing, babies make things worse when the situation is like this.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
This is good advice. maybe you should stop having sex with her because I wouldn't trust her to not intentionally stop using birth control so that she can get a baby. You have to nip the problem in the bud now or you will your life as doormat

Old 05-16-2013, 03:05 PM

469 posts, read 568,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoStressedOut View Post
I'm not sure if this is the way a wife should act in the marriage. This is really my first marriage and I'm 25 years old and she's 24.

We've been together for 2 years, engaged for a couple months and married for a year now. The problem is for the past 5 months every time we argue, she gets into these ridiculous tantrums and suddenly it's all my fault all the time. Most of the time I don't even start arguing; she does.

In her tantrums, she stomps on things, calls me the most horrible names and even throws objects. I've having a hard time dealing with her sudden mood swings and so I keep leaving but this is stressing me out. What happened to the woman I once dated, proposed to and married? There weren't these weird tantrums.

It gets to the point I have watch what I'm going say or do because then all this hell starts again and once she gets to that point, it takes her several days later to talk to me.

I just want to make her happy and it seems like I can't do anything right. Last time, I left angrily and this almost caused me to crashed my car. She kept screaming in my face and honestly, she scared me. It seemed like at any time she would have probably hit me or something.

And lately, she's having issues with some of my family members.
I wish you the best and my I suggest BIRTH CONTROL don't bring a child into this situation . She needs to go get checked to make sure she isn't pregnant or that her hormones aren't out of balance
You need to stand up for yourself and ask her to get checked because she sounds very abusive and you don't know what her next tantrum may bring. You're right to worry she breaks things and she gets in your personal space which is not what a stable partner does.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:07 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,633,008 times
Sorry you have to deal with this, you need to get your wifey some mental help, from a professional. Sounds a bit like BPD in the best case scenario. Also, check out my recent thread on starter husbands...perhaps thats you.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:14 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,840,056 times
Two years, and there weren't any signs?

Hard to believe.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:17 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,497,853 times
Quote:
I'm not sure if this is the way a wife should act in the marriage. This is really my first marriage and I'm 25 years old and she's 24.

We've been together for 2 years, engaged for a couple months and married for a year now. The problem is for the past 5 months every time we argue, she gets into these ridiculous tantrums and suddenly it's all my fault all the time. Most of the time I don't even start arguing; she does.

In her tantrums, she stomps on things, calls me the most horrible names and even throws objects. I've having a hard time dealing with her sudden mood swings and so I keep leaving but this is stressing me out. What happened to the woman I once dated, proposed to and married? There weren't these weird tantrums.

It gets to the point I have watch what I'm going say or do because then all this hell starts again and once she gets to that point, it takes her several days later to talk to me.

I just want to make her happy and it seems like I can't do anything right. Last time, I left angrily and this almost caused me to crashed my car. She kept screaming in my face and honestly, she scared me. It seemed like at any time she would have probably hit me or something.

Keep it off the internet and talk to HER since she is the ONLY ONE who can tell you exactly why she is having the issues she is having. It appears she is in some sort of emotional crisis and seeking professional help would probably be a good idea for both of you.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:09 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,984,163 times
You're making a fundamental mistake. Trying to keep her happy so she will not scream and yell at you. She's found a way to control you and will continue to do it so that she can always control you. If it were, me, I'd probably move out. This thread makes the point I've made in other forums. Most people try to convince you that they are good and loving. They reality is that they are not and are putting up a false front because so many people would reject them if they know the truth. So they keep up the false front. Then someone marries her or him and eventually finds out the real person. That's what you have.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:13 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,276,832 times
I suspect you rushed into this marriage.

You say you've been together for a couple of years but married for one, doing the math means you married less than 12 months after meeting, at quite young ages.

Unless you have gone through some tough times with a person, you don't really know them, so possibly should hesitate before you bind yourself to them forever legally.

Marriage creates a pressure of its own. Each expects the other to make it all rainbows and butterflies, and life isn't like that.

I'm not going to play armchair psychologist and blame or diagnose your girlfriend like some of the misogynists in here. She might be mad as a meataxe, she might also be beyond frustrated at your passivity/impotence/gambling/smoking pot whatever.

I note you are not telling us what the arguments are actually about...is there a trigger or an ongoing issue?

Whatever she screams at you, over and over, will be a clue as to what exactly is bugging her. If it's random 5hit that changes daily, yes she's probably crazy and you need to leave. If it's the same thing over and over, you've both got a problem.

Good luck....there's no shame admitting you made a mistake.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:16 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,510,112 times
Poor you. Its miserable when your other half is a bastard/***** to you.

Counselling. Its a start. Go by yourself if you have to. Take her if she will go.

Find out from the above said counselor what is wrong with your wife. Is it mental, physical, is it just that you are plain ill suited to each other?

Find someone you can confide in - you need support.

Don't bring children into this. I know firsthand that once children come into the mix...things get really, really complicated.

I hope you can find out what is wrong. Don't be intimidated by her abuse. If she starts screaming at you....walk away, go into another room, leave the house if you have to.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:18 PM

102,427 posts, read 108,796,691 times
Quote:

What was she like in the dating phase? 2 months' engagement? The purpose of a long engagement (1 year) is to allow problems like this to surface. You rushed into marriage, and married someone you didn't know well. Now you've learned that's not a good strategy. Live and learn. Move on. Get out while you can. Rip the band-aid right off, and don't look back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships