Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 08:50 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
I dated a guy for 5 months and we didn't have any physical intimacy so EVERY month he initiates 'the talk'. Still he didn't get any. He is the type that let's the woman initiates, I don't so it went on and on until the 5th month when I felt pressured by him asking why we don't even kiss and I drank smirnoff... LOL. I kissed him - ON THE CHEEK! LOL! And I initiate it.

Later I told him it was just the smirnoff and that he better not expect that I kiss him every time we see each other. He understands. But after giving me a sarcastic answer.

Needless to say nothing happened again because the next time we met we broke up.

It depends on you, if you are not comfy you can always say no. I don't like being forced what I don't want to do and I make sure I don't do anything I don't want to do, no matter what.

Now my husband .. he moves fast. I told him I was not ready. I liked that he respected that I was not ready. Next time though, I just agreed because he makes me feel comfortable and safe. I never felt that way to any guy and I told him that. HE is very respectful/gentle so I like that about him. He did not force me so that was how he got lucky. LOL.
LOL, I'd say the first guy dodged a bullet.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Yes, but isn't it true if that's the case he would have moved on anyway
No, I think that's a faulty assumption and way too broad of a generalization. When a person is attracted to another person, they usually want to be physically intimate with that person, and want the attraction and desire to be mutual. If it is, they're likely to want to stay with that person. If it isn't, they're likely to move on to someone who is as interested in intimacy as they are.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:58 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
*blinks* I'll give up a kiss on the first date and not give it a second's thought. Did I just get a lot of dates for being easy? You know, word got around.
Kissing someone is just not something that I can do if there isn't a lot of sparks and chemistry going on, AND a feeling of trust and sincerity there. It usually takes me getting to know someone a bit, almost always more than one or two dates, before those elements exist. Not always...but most of the time.

Just too many weird icky people out there for me to kiss them "without a thought".

Old 05-28-2013, 01:26 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Kissing someone is just not something that I can do if there isn't a lot of sparks and chemistry going on, AND a feeling of trust and sincerity there. It usually takes me getting to know someone a bit, almost always more than one or two dates, before those elements exist. Not always...but most of the time.

Just too many weird icky people out there for me to kiss them "without a thought".
And if a guy is not getting a kiss on date one or 2 then he might be assuming you think he is a wierd icky guy and thus not want to spend more time and money on dates since you said yourself there are times you ARE willing to kiss a guy early on.

If your not one of the guys that women feel comfortable around then the money and time might be better spent improving himself so that he can get that kiss on the first date and sex on the third.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:30 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post

If your not one of the guys that women feel comfortable around then the money and time might be better spent improving himself so that he can get that kiss on the first date and sex on the third.
Or he could just go with the flow, watch her body language and actions and accept that she likes him a lot but isn't going to sleep with him because of an arbitrary timetable.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:32 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, I'd say the first guy dodged a bullet.....

huh?

Old 05-28-2013, 01:38 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

How icky are they if you're agreeing to more dates with them? If I didn't feel comfortable kissing them, I didn't like them enough to go on more dates with them.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:40 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
And if a guy is not getting a kiss on date one or 2 then he might be assuming you think he is a wierd icky guy and thus not want to spend more time and money on dates since you said yourself there are times you ARE willing to kiss a guy early on.

You like your schedules for sex don't you highlife.

I don't think you're ever going to find a woman that has a strict schedule of sex after or before 3 dates.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Or he could just go with the flow, watch her body language and actions and accept that she likes him a lot but isn't going to sleep with him because of an arbitrary timetable.
Why should guys accept that when they know that there are guys that women will have sex with early on, why not just shoot to be that guy. It is unbelivibly frustrating to have to be that guy that has to go on endless dates to let a woman feel things out, she is either into you or she is not, very seldom will a month of dating result in anything.

You never see iron man going on 20 dates before he get a peck on the cheek with side hugs lol. Its obviously a movie but you get the point.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
You like your schedules for sex don't you highlife.

I don't think you're ever going to find a woman that has a strict schedule of sex after or before 3 dates.
Are you sure about that? They are more difficult to find but when I do I hold on. I have a gf now btw, so you can surmise the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships