Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 05:33 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,193,171 times

Advertisements

lol. OP please ignore those kinds of comments. why does it always have to come down to this? "hey sure if a girl hasn't been f**** at 16, it's wrong omg she must be 1) f**** ugly or 2) f*** sick or 3) OMG both!!!! .... or 4) a big liar ouch!!. no, seriously. men like that, i wonder how you even got yourself someone in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 12:19 AM

4 posts, read 4,227 times
Well, I have very good childhood friend of mine. She has a very good personality n all. She just broke up from a more than four years of relationship few months ago. She was intimate with his guy but still is a virgin.. As she say, I know her very well. And the think is she is very happy about it. She was very serious with the guy but things doesn't worked out that well.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:40 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasGilmore View Post
Well, I have very good childhood friend of mine. She has a very good personality n all. She just broke up from a more than four years of relationship few months ago. She was intimate with his guy but still is a virgin.. As she say, I know her very well. And the think is she is very happy about it. She was very serious with the guy but things doesn't worked out that well.
She was in a relationship for 4 years, and never had sex?

Was she waiting till marriage, perhaps?

Old 04-07-2017, 06:45 AM

147 posts, read 156,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna181 View Post
Hello,

I am a 22 year old girl and even though people tell me I'm pretty, men look at me quite a bit and I get hit on, I never had a real bf and I am still a virgin. I've had occasions in the past but I just never did anything about it because I don't want my first time to be with someone that I either don't truly love or that I love but doesn't really love me... I don't want it to be a casual hook up either. I'm quite shy I must admit, it can take me a bit of time to feel really comfortable with a guy, and I'm also not a girly-girl who falls in love every 2 months and within a few days. Even when I'm attracted and troubled by a guy, I need to take the time to get to know him, to become friend with him, to discover the small details that distinguishes him from the others to develop solid romantic feelings and be able to start a relationship. I think time, a bit of longing, make the feelings way more intense, so why sleeping with a charming guy you've met very recently when you could wait a few weeks or more and make all the sensations way stronger ? I am not religious at all, just romantic, maybe a bit too much, but I just want my first time to be with someone special to whom I will also be special. Anyways, I'm now 22 and getting a bit tired of waiting for love... am I being too idealistic and romantic, should I just stop making a big deal about this and go for a guy I'm not necessarily that thrilled about ? I don't want to... but I'm also a bit worried about what would a guy I like and date think of me still being a virgin.
What would you guys think if you'd meet a girl from my age, kind of like her and start dating her, and discover she is still a virgin ? How would you react ? Would it be a turn-off, or would you be glad she wants to give it to you ? Thanks in advance !
I was a virgin at 21 and lost it the night before turning 22; mistake that was. It was to a guy he wanted nothing but sex from me. I stayed with him 8 months in a casual relationship that wasn't even good. After that I pretty much turned myself off from having a relationship and wanted to do hookups. That was not a good idea either.

I honestly wish I kept it longer and lost it to someone who is worth it. I'm 25 now by the way. I'm currently in a serious relationship and I'm very happy with it.

If the guy is not an ass, he will not care about you being a virgin. Some guys even prefer that! I had guys who wanted to be with me for that reason.

Stay with that mindset. Wait for a guy who is worth it!

Old 04-07-2017, 07:19 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Vulgar? Ah... I see... you are being literal. I was not. I assumed you were male. I am assuming the o.p. meant for the answers to come from males. But even as a female my point is that the automatic elevation of virginity does virgins a diservice. No one tells them when its time to shift gears. Because there is no agreement among the different factions of humanity as when its time to shift gears. If you don't shift out of first at the right level of RPM's you damage the engine. If a young person doesn't shift out of first at the right age they suffer damage of a different sort.
Again, stop being VULGAR. Justify it again and you will be reported.

You didn't assume I was male, I am NANCY DREW. Not too bright are you? Now end it

Old 04-07-2017, 08:02 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,349,706 times
I'm 59 and so I'll assume that others make judgments about my opinion on matters like this based on my age. So be it.

Now or at a time when I might have been interested in a 22 year old I would have only thought that she might have been a bit sheltered or have some religious or values based reason for abstaining. Logically that's predicated on my assumption that most people will have had sex by 22.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:55 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameme234 View Post
I honestly wish I kept it longer and lost it to someone who is worth it. I'm 25 now by the way. I'm currently in a serious relationship and I'm very happy with it.
Doesn't the fact that you are in a good place now trump the bad experience you had with the first? We do ourselves and our offspring a huge disservice by emphasizing virginity. No one wants a bad relationship, but it shouldn't be seen as an even worse thing because it was the one in which virginity was lost. The o.p. cannot know at the outset whether she has met someone that is worthy of her virginity or not. That is the trap, the huge Catch-22 that keeps many women virgins for life. That is the real shame. That so many women are advised to wait for a 'guy that is worth it' when no one knows what the hell that means. It means that many women simply won't ever have a sexual relationship. Or worse, having had a sexual relationship that didn't work out, they now feel totally worthless and start a spiral into worse and worse behaviors that leave them completely unable to ever have a normal relationship with someone.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:00 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Doesn't the fact that you are in a good place now trump the bad experience you had with the first? We do ourselves and our offspring a huge disservice by emphasizing virginity. No one wants a bad relationship, but it shouldn't be seen as an even worse thing because it was the one in which virginity was lost. The o.p. cannot know at the outset whether she has met someone that is worthy of her virginity or not. That is the trap, the huge Catch-22 that keeps many women virgins for life. That is the real shame. That so many women are advised to wait for a 'guy that is worth it' when no one knows what the hell that means. It means that many women simply won't ever have a sexual relationship. Or worse, having had a sexual relationship that didn't work out, they now feel totally worthless and start a spiral into worse and worse behaviors that leave them completely unable to ever have a normal relationship with someone.
But jumping into bed with the first person that wants to sleep with them can backfire as well. I've heard success stories and horror stories from both sides. There is no right or wrong answer for this situation. If a person chooses to wait, that is their prerogative. If a person choose to get it over with, for the sake of doing it, that is their prerogative as well. If it does/doesn't work out, oh well they'll figure it out on their own. Virginity is not a good or bad thing. It just exists.

It's up to that person to find what works for THEM. Whether or not virginity is put up on a pedestal or not.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:06 AM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
As a man, an adult female virgin appeals to me. I am a 30 year old male who is a virgin. For me, it is part of my morals and values. Save the sex for marriage. I am doing that. For that reason, I would prefer a woman who is a virgin.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:18 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,236 times
this bothers me a lot: Why are women valued for their youth far more than men are? why is getting old worse for women than it is for - GirlsAskGuys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships