Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2017, 06:30 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Eh, I think even in that case, I don't think I'd consider it odd.

If they aren't into casual sex, don't want to lose their virginity to a prostitute or whatever, haven't found the right woman and only prefer having sex in a relationship, gone on dates but it never quite reached the sexual stage, etc. Then, I can see how someone can reach 40 and still be a virgin.

Then again, maybe I'm more sympathetic to the situation because I can understand dating struggles big time. I'm 26 and still a virgin.
IDK, 40 is old and odd to not have sex. I remember how going through puberty and all of the hormones racing I would have carved out a hole in a tree at some point, but hey, that's just me.

I was young and stupid and when I lost mine I couldn't have cared less about being in a relationship or saving myself for the special one or whatever.

I'm actually envious of people that had a greater understanding of the bigger picture at young ages. I dated a college girl and we both were 19 and she was "waiting" for marriage and I wasn't having any of that, I bounced out like a big dawg. Again, fine for some people but in my teen years I was going to get some booty and they're wasn't any talking me down from that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 07:49 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,984,194 times
To the op

Old 03-04-2017, 08:39 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
22 isn't really a big deal at all.

You come back here in 20 years and are still a virgin, I'd have to give you this face.

Sorry that's not PC to say, but come on, a 40 yr old virgin is just odd unless you're trying to be one.
No a 40 year old virgin is not at all odd unless of course you believe the popular CDR notion that all human beings share the same linear path from the cradle to the grave in which all experiences, and timelines for such, must be exactly the same. A flawed ideology to say the least.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:47 PM

140 posts, read 88,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
No a 40 year old virgin is not at all odd unless of course you believe the popular CDR notion that all human beings share the same linear path from the cradle to the grave in which all experiences, and timelines for such, must be exactly the same. A flawed ideology to say the least.

Sorry to break it to you, but anyone who's a virgin at 40 has some serious issues. Even at 30, I'd be bouncing. 20 and a virgin is not at all a red flag. 30, not so much.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady To Gronk View Post
Sorry to break it to you, but anyone who's a virgin at 40 has some serious issues. Even at 30, I'd be bouncing. 20 and a virgin is not at all a red flag. 30, not so much.
Serious issues? In most cases no. A laughable assumption at best.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:10 PM

140 posts, read 88,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Serious issues? In most cases no. A laughable assumption at best.

I've known a handful of virgins in the 30-35 range. All had some type of issue: still living at home, awkward, creepy loser. If you've made it to 30 and haven't gotten laid by accident, there's something wrong with you.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I've known a handful of virgins in the 30-35 range. All had some type of issue: still living at home, awkward, creepy loser. If you've made it to 30 and haven't gotten laid by accident, there's something wrong with you.
Again no. Sounds like you have a serious inferiority complex though with a side order of egomania.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:09 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:
Ah, no, there isn't. And lol at assuming everyone loses it by accident.

And even if someone is awkward/socally awk, and/or lives at home, it doesn't mean there's something wrong with them. Unreal that you'd even say that.

I guess you've made my point about me being more sympathetic/less judgmental to the situation.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 03-04-2017 at 10:18 PM..

Old 03-04-2017, 10:18 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Unless you're trying to be, being a virgin at 40 it is odd as hell. We can be PC here all day but let's keep it real. You line up a bunch of people and ask and you'll get more than a reasonable amount agreeing with this sentiment here. I have no ill will here I just get annoyed when you get people trying to tell you that the sky isn't blue but instead it's green. This is common sense 101 here.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:20 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Unless you're trying to be, being a virgin at 40 it is odd as hell. We can be PC here all day but let's keep it real. You line up a bunch of people and ask and you'll get more than a reasonable amount agreeing with this sentiment here. I have no ill will here I just get annoyed when you get people trying to tell you that the sky isn't blue but instead it's green. This is common sense 101 here.
Is it odd in the sense that most people generally lose it before then? Okay, I would probably say yes to that. However, that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the person. That's where my issue lies (and what I'm arguing).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships