Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 01:22 PM

814 posts, read 2,050,407 times

Advertisements

"What would you do for a Klondike bar!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 02:10 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,634,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Which means he's an involuntary virgin until that happens.
So let me tell you this. You go on and start hitting on women at the age of 16, roaming around and trying to get a date constantly. A few girls kiss you, some even date you. One of them will sleep with you before you're 18, that's a given. And in fact, guys like that can quickly sleep with several girls once they get one, all within the same year.
The way you speak of it is as if you're an outcast. Such guys aren't some hot shots. They are usually the future losers in most cases but guess what, they are always among the first ones to "bang" someone around. So much about it. It's like arguing that a 16 y/o woman is alone on involuntary basis. If she displays constant desire to date someone, she'll quickly find suitors over time, it's just a matter of time and her deliberate desire for it and signals that she is "available" for dating.

Last edited by nald; 06-10-2013 at 02:33 PM..

Old 06-11-2013, 02:09 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,436,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Any adult person who is a virgin is a virgin due to "personal choice".
Not so - you speak from privilege here. Some have lack of opportunity. Some are medically or psychologically incapable. Some have social issues preventing them. Some live in societies where loss of virginity is frowned upon or even received with violence. Some are homosexual where acting on such is taught to be evil so they have to suppress it for fear of social shunning – violence – or even death.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:00 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,454,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna181 View Post
Hello,

I am a 22 year old girl and even though people tell me I'm pretty, men look at me quite a bit and I get hit on, I never had a real bf and I am still a virgin. I've had occasions in the past but I just never did anything about it because I don't want my first time to be with someone that I either don't truly love or that I love but doesn't really love me... I don't want it to be a casual hook up either. I'm quite shy I must admit, it can take me a bit of time to feel really comfortable with a guy, and I'm also not a girly-girl who falls in love every 2 months and within a few days. Even when I'm attracted and troubled by a guy, I need to take the time to get to know him, to become friend with him, to discover the small details that distinguishes him from the others to develop solid romantic feelings and be able to start a relationship. I think time, a bit of longing, make the feelings way more intense, so why sleeping with a charming guy you've met very recently when you could wait a few weeks or more and make all the sensations way stronger ? I am not religious at all, just romantic, maybe a bit too much, but I just want my first time to be with someone special to whom I will also be special. Anyways, I'm now 22 and getting a bit tired of waiting for love... am I being too idealistic and romantic, should I just stop making a big deal about this and go for a guy I'm not necessarily that thrilled about ? I don't want to... but I'm also a bit worried about what would a guy I like and date think of me still being a virgin.
What would you guys think if you'd meet a girl from my age, kind of like her and start dating her, and discover she is still a virgin ? How would you react ? Would it be a turn-off, or would you be glad she wants to give it to you ? Thanks in advance !

Find a decent guy and when you are ready do it. Sex with the right person is one of the best pleasures in life and you have already missed out for 4 years (legally). When active, always take every precaution. The guy should be wearing a condom and you should be on the pill. Goodluck.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:19 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,454,329 times
Also forget about your first time being with a guy that is near perfect for you. He may take sometime to come along if ever.
In your post you sound very picky, hence the age you are are still a virgin. Find a guy that you somewhat connect with and are somewhat attracted to, he doesn't need to be near perfect or anything close to that. If you are going to be that picky, you will be making the same thread in 10 years. 10 years after that they will make a movie about you.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:43 AM

57 posts, read 64,424 times
A 22-year old virgin would be amazing for a guy..

Old 06-11-2013, 07:00 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,269,087 times
Please stay on topic.. if you are going to make a statement as a fact then include a link to back it up. Your opinion is not a fact it is your opinion. Gender bashing is against the ToS.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:17 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,902,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Not so - you speak from privilege here. Some have lack of opportunity. Some are medically or psychologically incapable. Some have social issues preventing them. Some live in societies where loss of virginity is frowned upon or even received with violence. Some are homosexual where acting on such is taught to be evil so they have to suppress it for fear of social shunning – violence – or even death.
Good grief

I think the astute reader here knew that I meant physically and emotionally healthy adults who are still virgins are virgins by choice.

It seems obvious that those who are incapacitated by mental or physical limitations/reasons don't have a choice about A LOT of things, not just their sex life.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:16 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,389,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Good grief

I think the astute reader here knew that I meant physically and emotionally healthy adults who are still virgins are virgins by choice.

It seems obvious that those who are incapacitated by mental or physical limitations/reasons don't have a choice about A LOT of things, not just their sex life.
There are several very weird guys out there that will remain virgins for quite some time because virtually no woman will give them the time of day..

Girls, not so much. Guys tend to be much willing to lower their standards if it's just for sex.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:59 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,805,651 times
I find it very respectable, honorable and mature of you in this day an age. Don't give it up for the wrong man and or if you are simply not ready to do it because of peer pressure or societal/religous demands. I didn't loose my virginity till I was 25, which is pretty old for guys in this day and age, but I had my reasons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships