Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,337,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna181 View Post
Hello,

I am a 22 year old girl and even though people tell me I'm pretty, men look at me quite a bit and I get hit on, I never had a real bf and I am still a virgin. I've had occasions in the past but I just never did anything about it because I don't want my first time to be with someone that I either don't truly love or that I love but doesn't really love me... I don't want it to be a casual hook up either. I'm quite shy I must admit, it can take me a bit of time to feel really comfortable with a guy, and I'm also not a girly-girl who falls in love every 2 months and within a few days. Even when I'm attracted and troubled by a guy, I need to take the time to get to know him, to become friend with him, to discover the small details that distinguishes him from the others to develop solid romantic feelings and be able to start a relationship. I think time, a bit of longing, make the feelings way more intense, so why sleeping with a charming guy you've met very recently when you could wait a few weeks or more and make all the sensations way stronger ? I am not religious at all, just romantic, maybe a bit too much, but I just want my first time to be with someone special to whom I will also be special. Anyways, I'm now 22 and getting a bit tired of waiting for love... am I being too idealistic and romantic, should I just stop making a big deal about this and go for a guy I'm not necessarily that thrilled about ? I don't want to... but I'm also a bit worried about what would a guy I like and date think of me still being a virgin.
What would you guys think if you'd meet a girl from my age, kind of like her and start dating her, and discover she is still a virgin ? How would you react ? Would it be a turn-off, or would you be glad she wants to give it to you ? Thanks in advance !

If you do that you will do nothing but feel like a cheap piece of trash. Live your life the way you want to live it and to hades with anyone who tells you that you HAVE to have sex by a certain age or that you CANNOT wait until Marriage. There is no specific time to have sex and YOU CAN WAIT until you are married IF YOU WANT TO and anyone who tells you otherwise is not telling you the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 11:11 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,215,878 times
Quote:
Hello,

I am a 22 year old girl and even though people tell me I'm pretty, men look at me quite a bit and I get hit on, I never had a real bf and I am still a virgin. I've had occasions in the past but I just never did anything about it because I don't want my first time to be with someone that I either don't truly love or that I love but doesn't really love me... I don't want it to be a casual hook up either. I'm quite shy I must admit, it can take me a bit of time to feel really comfortable with a guy, and I'm also not a girly-girl who falls in love every 2 months and within a few days. Even when I'm attracted and troubled by a guy, I need to take the time to get to know him, to become friend with him, to discover the small details that distinguishes him from the others to develop solid romantic feelings and be able to start a relationship. I think time, a bit of longing, make the feelings way more intense, so why sleeping with a charming guy you've met very recently when you could wait a few weeks or more and make all the sensations way stronger ? I am not religious at all, just romantic, maybe a bit too much, but I just want my first time to be with someone special to whom I will also be special. Anyways, I'm now 22 and getting a bit tired of waiting for love... am I being too idealistic and romantic, should I just stop making a big deal about this and go for a guy I'm not necessarily that thrilled about ? I don't want to... but I'm also a bit worried about what would a guy I like and date think of me still being a virgin.
What would you guys think if you'd meet a girl from my age, kind of like her and start dating her, and discover she is still a virgin ? How would you react ? Would it be a turn-off, or would you be glad she wants to give it to you ? Thanks in advance !
I know quite a few women who were virgins when they finished college. Some went on to grad school without having a bf. So you're not at all alone. It's more common than you think. The right guy won't care. You just haven't met the right guy yet. Actually, there are a fair number of guy virgins in their 20's out there, too.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:48 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,125,173 times
Quote:
Hello,

It is normal to be a virgin for 22 years old girls in my country. But 22 years old girls often are married
An every man want to be first for her wife.

Last edited by Atai J.; 06-12-2013 at 06:18 AM..

Old 06-12-2013, 05:56 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,432,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I think the astute reader here knew that I meant physically and emotionally healthy adults who are still virgins are virgins by choice.
I do not disagree with that. Many people are by choice. My disagreement is with you claiming that ANY person of that age who is a virgin is so by choice. This is not so. There are a multitude of other reasons.

And this is very relevant to answering the OP. To answer the OPs question of "What would you think of a 22 year old virgin" all we can really say is "That would depend on exactly _why_ you are a virgin as your age is simply not enough data upon which to form an opinion on the matter and anyone who does is just espousing baseless biases of their own".

Old 06-12-2013, 07:57 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,609,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
I find it very respectable, honorable and mature of you in this day an age. Don't give it up for the wrong man and or if you are simply not ready to do it because of peer pressure or societal/religous demands. I didn't loose my virginity till I was 25, which is pretty old for guys in this day and age, but I had my reasons
Gag. Sex isn't something one person "gives up" to the other. It's something two people choose to enjoy together. Anyone has the right to choose to abstain from sex, but it's no more honorable, respectable, or mature than choosing to have sex. It's just a different decision.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:00 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,615,607 times
For a woman, being a virgin at 22 is an incredible advantage in the dating game, unless she has no plans on giving that up, in which case many guys wont waste their time and rightfuly so.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:31 AM

332 posts, read 869,655 times
Think about it from a guy's point of view. Would they want a brand new porsche or a sedan with a lot of miles on it? If he's a respectable guy with taste he'd choose the porsche. If he chooses the other then why would you want to be with someone with no taste and who has been around a lot?
Quote:
Hello,

Old 06-13-2013, 02:34 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,432,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cra2ybeautiful View Post
Would they want a brand new porsche or a sedan with a lot of miles on it? If he's a respectable guy with taste he'd choose the porsche. If he chooses the other then why would you want to be with someone with no taste and who has been around a lot?
So you are comparing women who have had sex as being lower quality machines that are worth less? How horrifically crass. Women are not products. Nor is the quality of a person reduced by having had sex with someone. Nor does being with someone who has had sex in the past mean you have no taste.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra2ybeautiful View Post
Think about it from a guy's point of view. Would they want a brand new porsche or a sedan with a lot of miles on it?
People are not cars. Cars get worn out by being driven. People do not get worn out from sexual experience.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
So you are comparing women who have had sex as being lower quality machines that are worth less? How horrifically crass. Women are not products. Nor is the quality of a person reduced by having had sex with someone. Nor does being with someone who has had sex in the past mean you have no taste.
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to monumentus again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships