Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 10:23 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,824,355 times

Advertisements

Yep. I'd drop him like a hot potato.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 10:45 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,922 times
Honestly I'd think less of a guy who had done that. If everything is good with us and he's been tested and come back clean, then I'd really prefer not to know.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,929 times
Depends on the circumstances, and with a guy I would date the circumstances are probably ok.

Keeping it a secret, though -- instant dealbreaker.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:04 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Yeah, but due to the fear you seem to have, you are acting like every person with an STI = Aids. I think you are being ridiculous to be so ridiculously frightened. People can have far worse diseases than STI's. Do you make them get full physicals and an array of blood tests done as well? You'd hate for them to have some sort of disease that may inconvenience you some day. While you're at it you should probably get a full family health report, cancers, Alzheimers, Parkinsons.. Etc...

You know, the fact that you could possibly get HSV from a partner would definitely be a deal breaker, could not even imagine if you accidentally dated someone with a disease that would seriously damper your relationship some day.
I caught worms in Spain when I was seven. So effing disgusting. I'm not catching anything from anyone ever again. Catching the common cold is gross enough. I'm not interested in whatever STI is being passed around the circuit.

Cancer, Alzheimers, Parkinsons etc... aren't communicable diseases. That doesn't disgust me.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,385,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Depends on the circumstances, and with a guy I would date the circumstances are probably ok.

Keeping it a secret, though -- instant dealbreaker.
Just to clarify:
By this, do you mean lying to you about it or just not volunteering the information?

Old 06-11-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
As one of my friends once told me:

"You don't pay them for the sex, you pay them to leave you alone after."

I.e.... No drama, no getting caught if they are in a relationship.
This is what I figured. Going to a prostitute hardly means a guy can't get a woman. It just means he wanted sex. The same way a woman having a ONS is capable of finding a relationship. She just wanted sex.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:11 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I caught worms in Spain when I was seven. So effing disgusting. I'm not catching anything from anyone ever again. Catching the common cold is gross enough. I'm not interested in whatever STI is being passed around the circuit.

Cancer, Alzheimers, Parkinsons etc... aren't communicable diseases. That doesn't disgust me.
So you would rather date someone with cancer, cirrhosis, or some other disease, as opposed to dating someone with genital warts.. Interesting...

Honestly if I really loved someone the only STI that would turn me away from dating them would be Aids or Hepatitis. Even the other uncurable ones like HSV and HPV I could deal with for the right person. Except of course the cancerous strain of HSV, which is rare.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:17 AM

31,011 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
This is what I figured. Going to a prostitute hardly means a guy can't get a woman. It just means he wanted sex. The same way a woman having a ONS is capable of finding a relationship. She just wanted sex.
Thats probably a good analogy. The percentage of women that have had one night stands is probably the same as men who have been with a Professional. Women just aren't geared to pay for it, unless your one of those women that goes to Jamaica on the sex vacation.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
So you would rather date someone with cancer, cirrhosis, or some other disease, as opposed to dating someone with genital warts.. Interesting...

Honestly if I really loved someone the only STI that would turn me away from dating them would be Aids or Hepatitis. Even the other uncurable ones like HSV and HPV I could deal with for the right person. Except of course the cancerous strain of HSV, which is rare.
I'd okay if they could and did get it treated. These things happen. But there are things I can do to avoid getting infected myself.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:45 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
I'd okay if they could and did get it treated. These things happen. But there are things I can do to avoid getting infected myself.
Exactly. If you're regularly sexually active, you should be getting regular STD/STI tests. You owe it to yourself and to your partners. It has nothing to do with lack of trust or paranoia. It's merely responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships