Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 03:23 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Just for some perspective, OP, at your age, you should be having it 3 times/day, or thereabouts.
Come on, Ruth. Three times a day? People have jobs and hobbies and stuff. Three times a day is vacation sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 03:30 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Come on, Ruth. Three times a day? People have jobs and hobbies and stuff. Three times a day is vacation sex.
I understand that she's trying to say he's physically capable of it. Hell in our twenties we are capable of doing it more than three times a day. But yes, that's only when people aren't doing anything else important.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:31 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Morning, before work. Early eve., upon returning from work. And nighttime, upon going to bed.

Vacation sex is a lot more than 3x/day.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:38 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Just for some perspective, OP, at your age, you should be having it 3 times/day, or thereabouts. If there's not a medical or psychological fix for this, you may have to move on, if you feel the sexual compatibility is as important as all the other factors you listed.
Three times per day? How is someone with a full-time job supposed to do that? Why would someone even want to? There is such a thing as too much of a good thing, and I don't know anyone who could, or would want to, live like that day in and day out. Maybe on a vacation or if it's a LDR and they only see each other once or twice a month. But most people, male or female, would just be too dang tired and sore to keep that pace up as a matter of daily living.

The average American couple has sex 2 to 3 times per week. That's pretty standard for people who are married, live together, spend entire weekends together, or see each other very often.

Quote:
Morning, before work. Early eve., upon returning from work. And nighttime, upon going to bed.

You know I adore you, but humans aren't bonobos. I think you're pulling everyone's legs here.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
You know I adore you, but humans aren't bonobos. I think you're pulling everyone's legs here.
For people in their 20's? Really? And what about when women come into the hormone surge in their 30's?

Oh well.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:55 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,475,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Three times per day? How is someone with a full-time job supposed to do that? ...

It can be challenging given all the things that go on in life, but it's possible when you're both into it and each other, even with jobs and chores and friends and hobbies - and kids, some of the time. When we were first together and in our 40's, three times a day was common, and stayed so for a few years. In the decade since, we've slowed down some!

I think Ruth has the right idea. LOL

Old 06-12-2013, 04:01 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
For people in their 20's? Really? And what about when women come into the hormone surge in their 30's?

Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
It can be challenging given all the things that go on in life, but it's possible when you're both into it and each other, even with jobs and chores and friends and hobbies - and kids, some of the time. When we were first together and in our 40's, three times a day was common, and stayed so for a few years. In the decade since, we've slowed down some!
I call shenanigans on both of you.

Neither I, nor any man I've been with--and I've had my share of boyfriends--has EVER wanted that much sex unless it was a special situation, like vacation. In college, I had a LDR with someone who went to another school, and once in a while, when he came to visit, we had a 3-timer. But no way, no how is 3 times a day remotely average or common. I'm with Fleetie on this.

And not to be too graphic, but if you're doing it right, you need a shower afterwards. Y'all must either have insane water bills or walk around smelling like a cross between a gym and a ho-house.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:08 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
Quote:

are you dr. Ruth?

between a guy trying to re-load and chaffing on a woman 3 times a day , everyday , seems a bit much-who did you date,,,the original energizer bunny?

Old 06-12-2013, 04:12 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,231,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Are you kidding??

They have a great relationship!
They have sex once a week!!

Why is a relationship based just on sex??!!

I'd bet she is sore. Maybe he sucks at sex.

Plus, for the record...women's sex drive speeds up in their 30's!
Having a baby can Hotwire her sex drive too.

I would not throw away my best friend cause I need sex 4 frickn times a week!!! I think that is soooooo selfish!
Dont listen to this guy, if things go south and your married with a baby its all over. You are playing with serious fire, we are talking about the next 18 years of your life and if you split you get to deal with child support alimony divorce courts, division of assets. This guys advice is completely foolish and he wont be writing the checks when you get burned.

I would block this guy, 18 years of sub par quality of life is no joke, you will suffer and you will now have baby momma drama, trying finding another woman to have sex with you while you are trying to do the whole shared custody thing. No way man, there are real stakes in this game, just get a new girl friend and call it a day.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:12 PM

You can't reload between waking up in the morning (a morning quickie before getting up is very sexy!), and coming home after work? And between home-from-work and bedtime? In your twenties?? In your twenties you should be able to do it 3 times in one session, let alone spread out between early a.m. and evening. Have y'all forgotten what your 20's were like? (and 30's...)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships