Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 01:56 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Sounds familiar. But then again, sit in a room full of people who have lived with/loved an alcoholic. You get the weird feeling that everyone is talking about the exact same person. The behavior of an alkie, what they will say, what they will do, it's all very predictable.

An alcoholic or other addict just LOVES somebody like the OP, there to "help" them. I was that helpful idiot once.
I agree with you 100%.

I was also one of them like you.

I remember sitting in my first and last Alanon meeting thinking I was not going to live the rest of my life like this, commiserating with other women and men about their alcoholic partner, their lives on hold forever while they "deal" with their selfish, addicted loved one.

I said screw that and left. I would never in a million years hook up with another person with a drug or alcohol addiction, they are completely toxic and will destroy your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 01:58 PM

286 posts, read 417,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Of course they will put the needs of the kids first, but no it's not fair to the new girlfriend to be on the back burner, especially if she doesn't have kids.
How old are you again??

Old 07-06-2013, 01:59 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Of course they will put the needs of the kids first, but no it's not fair to the new girlfriend to be on the back burner, especially if she doesn't have kids.
Being backburnered for booze, though, is apparently not a problem. Interesting priorities.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:03 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
This HAS to be a troll. No one, I repeat, no one, could be THIS dense and not have to be watered twice a week, can they?

Old 07-06-2013, 02:05 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Quote:
Oh we will get married I'm sure so sorry to disappoint you.
Really?

Old 07-06-2013, 02:06 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
This HAS to be a troll. No one, I repeat, no one, could be THIS dense and not have to be watered twice a week, can they?
Hey, some people have to get their attention any which they can

Old 07-06-2013, 02:06 PM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Be sure to stick with your "quest" for a single man with no kids....... I'd say it's a good solid plan for you.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:10 PM

217 posts, read 307,547 times
Quote:
He's a functioning alcoholic
There is really no such thing as a functioning alcoholic. Anyone who drinks alcoholically is underperforming in life. Sure, your boyfriend is able to wake himself up for work every morning despite getting hammered the night before, but that's not functioning beyond a base level that should be expected of any adult. I know a guy with Down Syndrome who gets himself up for work every day and pays his bills. A normal, functioning person should be able to do that and much more. They should be setting goals and working to achieve those. Your boyfriend is a loser who is just cruising through life while his health and relationships deteriorate. He has nothing going for him, so I'm sure he loves to get drunk and then talk as if he actually has life plans that he's working towards. That's how it was when I was in my darkest period of alcoholism.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:12 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Being backburnered for booze, though, is apparently not a problem. Interesting priorities.
Now Tabula you know that one who is in a non relationship with an alcoholic isn't even on the stove let alone on the backburner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Read former posts from the Original Poster then ask again if you need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Really?
I've heard anyone can get married in Las Vegas, drunk or sober.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Hey, some people have to get their attention any which they can
Sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Be sure to stick with your "quest" for a single man with no kids....... I'd say it's a good solid plan for you.
Absolutely aree with this one, it also would not hurt to give up the alcoholics for Lent for the rest of one's life either.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:23 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,983 times
Quote:
Oh we will get married I'm sure so sorry to disappoint you.
Right.... I believe you....who wouldn't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships