Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 11:00 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Hell the girl doesnt have to be that hot to look good next to me lol
In the real world when the rubber meets the road I have had to date a point below my own looks otherwise nothing was going to happen for me sexually.

When you try to date a woman who is a 7 you are in line with 5 or 6 other guys so you better have something substantial to bring to the table. But if your a 5 and dating a 4 she will quickly cut loose the other dudes who are 3's and voila.

Its almost like clock work or gravity, if you are say a 5 and hit on a 7 your odds of success are extremely low but as soon as you hit on a 4 you get attention. If your a 3 or a 4 you really need to consider surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 11:59 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
My boyfriend of 7 years was a gorgeous model type and everyone drooled as he passed by. I have to admit sometimes the obvious different bother me, but thats for my self-esteem issues.

If the guy is TOO gorgeous (like in my case) and you are jealous or insecure, it can be very difficult.

But of course i wont stop dating someone just cause he is better looking than me, lol :P. And its not like they are many men hotter than me anyway .

Old 07-30-2013, 12:15 AM

469 posts, read 567,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon of Truth View Post
RELATIONSHIPS: I Don’t Want to Date a Man Who’s Better-Looking Than Me. “I think every woman likes to stand out a little bit. When I’m walking down the street with my significant other, I sort of want the eyes to be on me. Call me selfish or self-centered, that’s fine.”

Full article:

I Don't Want to Date a Man Who's Better-Looking Than Me | The Stir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Just more self-absorbed, narcissistic crap.
Agreed Mountains. All about me me me, not about actually attempting to make a relationship work.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:31 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
My boyfriend of 7 years was a gorgeous model type and everyone drooled as he passed by. I have to admit sometimes the obvious different bother me, but thats for my self-esteem issues.

If the guy is TOO gorgeous (like in my case) and you are jealous or insecure, it can be very difficult.

But of course i wont stop dating someone just cause he is better looking than me, lol :P. And its not like they are many men hotter than me anyway .
thats a two way street sophie..... if a bull has the prettiest cow in the pasture,,,all the other bulls are going to try mounting her when he's not around...(don't you love farm analogies)

Old 07-30-2013, 05:02 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryazer24 View Post
Agreed Mountains. All about me me me, not about actually attempting to make a relationship work.
This is what I view as one of the extreme downsides of the media-driven world we now live in - too much focus on self to the point of obsession

Old 07-30-2013, 05:11 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
thats a two way street sophie..... if a bull has the prettiest cow in the pasture,,,all the other bulls are going to try mounting her when he's not around...(don't you love farm analogies)
LoL nice analogy mainebrokeman. Made me giggle.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:16 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Alot of women intentionally "date down" because of insecurity and that the less attractive guy is much more safe then a more good looking dude. It's that simple

The guy who is less attractive is more likely to put her on a pedastal, do whatever she says, and far less likely to cheat. The good looking guy has WAAAAY more options, much more women going after him, and is more likely to stray and flat out get up and leave

Old 07-30-2013, 06:32 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
I always date men who make less and/or are less physically attractive than me. Just gives me piece of mind and allows me to be carefree in my relationships.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:43 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Alot of women intentionally "date down" because of insecurity and that the less attractive guy is much more safe then a more good looking dude. It's that simple
It really is that simple.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:45 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
No men is better looking than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships